i know it's taboo, but... srwa and ag?

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Aaru - Romhacking & Translation / Topic: I know it's taboo, but... SRWa and aG?

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

11043 Posts, 545 Topics, 780 Members, Latest Member: jnmoors01

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 15390 times) [1] 2

I know it's taboo, but... SRWa and aG?
« on: January 08, 2008, 09:53:32 PM » by Chibi Kami
It's been quite some time since SRWa was announced with a 90% completed script accompanying it. In addition, it's been quite some time since we all saw the video of aG's new title screen and hacked demo sequence.

Has a problem arisen with script translation and/or insertion, or are other projects in the way?

I'm aware of Lord of Elemental's prominence in what counts as recent history, as well as a basic law of building anticipation in a series being to start with the more dated projects, but when something is ready, it's ready.

I now submit myself for merciless namecalling.

The power of love is the most chaotic and destructive force in the known universe.
IP Logged

Re: I know it's taboo, but... SRWa and aG?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2008, 10:13:14 PM » by Sume Gai AGGF Master
Technically speaking you are safe (unless I missed something neither is on the front page)

And I'm sure most of us would like to know as well.

If you are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve  -Captain Harlock
IP Logged

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2008, 11:03:26 PM » by TCM Chrono, by another name.
Obviously, Gid is taking the extra time to up graphics up to @3 levels, add in every mecha series ever created (including American releases), and create a second mode where you play ZoE styles as any mech with any pilot.

Because I believe that Gid is just that awesome.

Signatures? We're in the lap of luxury now!
IP Logged

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2008, 11:14:30 PM » by Dsvaun
...Or he is finishing up Live-A-Live 2.0 and trying to work out the bugs on SRW Gaiden.
IP Logged

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2008, 12:13:05 AM » by Sume Gai AGGF Master
In all seriousness Gideon is probably working on Live-a-Live and/or SRW Gaiden

just a guess

If you are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve  -Captain Harlock
IP Logged

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2008, 02:40:46 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
He secretly picked up Samurai Shodown RPG and has devoted all his spare time to that!

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2008, 07:52:45 AM » by Tyria Mad Scientist, Division of Aberration Creation
Hmn...last tiem I bugged him for scripts for @2 and @3 (among other things), I can play and finish them on emulator so I can work on them now, he said that Masoukishin will be focused, but also 4 and EX scripts are beign reviwed.
Gods know when @ and @g will be seriously worked on for release, probably after the snes ones are finished.
Also, @'s scripts were fully translated EXCEPT the battle texts (I really suck at them and he didn't give me them either), and also there were some missing texts that Lakmir didn't rip out when I translated at least.
IP Logged

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2008, 04:03:51 PM » by Sakura77 Lost Newtype Child
well when I asked him about Masoukishin, he said that after that he work on 4 and EX before any other SRTs

Things can always get worse...
IP Logged

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2008, 02:19:25 AM » by Dsvaun
« Last Edit: January 13, 2008, 02:33:28 AM by Dsvaun »
Out of curiosity, how long did it take to translate the scripts for @ and @gaidan?
IP Logged

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2008, 05:18:56 AM » by Tyria Mad Scientist, Division of Aberration Creation
I am not sure about @g, I didn't work on it (and I think it is still on translation), but on @, I took a bit less than 1 year, and that was with planty of time wasted (I think the project was cursed), as there were 2 months I didn't have the time to work on it and when I finally could, my motherboard burned up, so that made more 2 months that I wasn't able to work on it.
IP Logged

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2008, 02:55:22 PM » by Armetius
Hmn...last tiem I bugged him for scripts for @2 and @3 (among other things), I can play and finish them on emulator so I can work on them now, he said that Masoukishin will be focused, but also 4 and EX scripts are beign reviwed.
Gods know when @ and @g will be seriously worked on for release, probably after the snes ones are finished.
Also, @'s scripts were fully translated EXCEPT the battle texts (I really suck at them and he didn't give me them either), and also there were some missing texts that Lakmir didn't rip out when I translated at least.

I wouldn't worry too much about @2's script since it seems that a measurable portion of it has shown up translated (and quite well translated) on Gamefaqs, though I imagine that there's still much that hasn't been translated. I will salute you for attempting to translate @3 as that looks humanly impossible.

I also can't help but wonder if Gid needs to finish EX since Studiollama is currently working on the PSX version (though Gid is probably far ahead of them).
IP Logged

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2008, 02:59:31 PM » by Sakura77 Lost Newtype Child
Gid to my knowledge is not the type to leave something partially finished even if someone else doing relatively the same thing. the PSX version probably has some things that the original doesn't have so he most likely will finish EX for the SNES.

Things can always get worse...
IP Logged

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2008, 02:32:31 AM » by gamerk2
Personally, i would prefer the origonal run (SRW 2, 3, EX, 4, LoE) gets finished first, but any release would be welcome.
The scary thing is we could see 3 or 4 of those done within the year (knocks on wood :D )

I guess this means we have to start talking about OGs and OGG now?
IP Logged

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2008, 10:58:37 PM » by SpaceDrake
For my own part, I'd rather like to see the Alpha games translated prior to 4 and EX. SRWG can't come soon enough since it plays so differently to every other SRW game (and it finally explains Masaki's backstory so it's of interest for anyone into the OG games), but, well... Alpha and Alpha Gaiden are flat-out better games than 4 and EX. That's the entire point of the Alpha games; they were meant to substantially improve on every aspect of SRW compared to the original series. I don't have a ton of interest in the earlier games simply because I know the Alpha series is quantifiably a better play experience.

I'd also welcome any release, but I really would rather see the emphasis be placed on Gaiden and the Alpha games.
IP Logged

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2008, 02:15:13 AM » by Onmi
I want to personally see them done in this order

Gaiden (Finally FINALLY, Masaki Andoh can have his full story, which works in every game he's in, told to us in english, sides it looks badass)
Alpha (Seem's very interesting, loads of fun)
Alpha Gaiden (Considered perfect by people, i wanna see the fuss)
Ex (Andoh)
4 (since it became Non-Canon compared to F and F Final, i dont care for it to much)

but thats just me, i'm a patient man, i'm still waiting for my Wii Birthday present to get in, my birthday was in September... last year... my patience is high
IP Logged

(Read 15390 times) [1] 2
Jump to: