i know it's taboo, but... srwa and ag?

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Aaru - Romhacking & Translation / Topic: I know it's taboo, but... SRWa and aG?

Gon is calm
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

10947 Posts, 520 Topics, 748 Members, Latest Member: Wario-Man

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 13227 times) 1 [2]

Re: I know it's taboo, but... SRWa and aG?
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2008, 08:39:02 AM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
Here's the deal. Tyria is a machine - even moreso than I am. I'm not complaining, he does great work at high speeds, but it all needs to be edited and now that I'm working 40 hours per week, I just don't have quite the steam I used to. I'm taking steps to fix this on a number of fronts, and I've outsourced several of my scripts to editors, but the fact remains that Alpha's is seven *megabytes* and even with a good editor will not be ready anytime in the immediate future.

You're much more likely to see some combination of EX, 4, and Gaiden this year, though again I can't even promise one of those.

IP Logged

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2008, 08:08:30 PM » by Tyria Mad Scientist, Division of Aberration Creation
Hmn...that game script on gamefaqs...you mean the one on Zengar's path, right?
For what I could see in one play and half, at best, that script represents 45% of the total mission-related text, since while several missions LOOK the same, their text content isn't much alike between each other.
IP Logged

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2008, 10:34:28 PM » by SpaceDrake
Here's the deal. Tyria is a machine - even moreso than I am. I'm not complaining, he does great work at high speeds, but it all needs to be edited and now that I'm working 40 hours per week, I just don't have quite the steam I used to. I'm taking steps to fix this on a number of fronts, and I've outsourced several of my scripts to editors, but the fact remains that Alpha's is seven *megabytes* and even with a good editor will not be ready anytime in the immediate future.

Well, hell, Gideon, if editing is a problem what do you need for credentials? I've got a good bit of English experience, and I'd be happy to edit for you as I have a good chunk of free time.

A bit out of the blue I know, but if "script preparation" is the main hurdle, there are folks here and elsewhere on the Inter Nets who are quite capable of helping with that.
IP Logged

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2008, 11:13:22 PM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
So-called "preparation" is the big hurdle with Mystic Ark. The problem with *that* is that said preparation is complicated and requires in-depth romhacking knowledge. Hell, most things require that :/

IP Logged

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2008, 11:45:53 PM » by Onmi
if it's making a script translated into english into understandable english and edited to be comprehensable, i can do that, although ironicly i cant edit my own work to save my life (i'm a writter, we suck at editing our own stuff), also i have about 2 or 3 editors myself who correct my own work, im not asking for an advanced script or patch or anything, but if it's making it comprehensable i can help with that.

i'm not sure though if you mean preparing it in the format to be added to the patch, or just as a script, the latter i can help out with if you want it
IP Logged

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2008, 05:55:22 AM » by prince2phore
The only fact taht we get a direct answer from Gid made my day.
I'll wait the time it'll take as long as I know you're still working on it.
so glad there are people like you in this universe.

many thx.
IP Logged

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2008, 07:03:37 AM » by Onmi
I dont blame him for the time it's taking, it's a bgi game, the only way it could be sped up is if you had 67 people translating a chapter each, then theres the variable text, and the split routes, a full translation team would equal the hundreds i believe, then a hacking team, with the hacking taking any amount of time, possibly extremely difficult, then theres fitting in proper names and possibly expanding the AKA field (i dont know where i heard that)

not to mention battle quotes and consistences with @G, then he's got Gaiden, 4 and Ex to do, not to mention his OTHER projects.

I wanna help how i can, i asked one of my editors and he's mehing on it, another is okay with it (just needs a time period) so honestly, as said before, if it's editing i'm willing to help out, also i'm pretty sure every guy on SoS would be willing to help with the FE3 stuff (FE fan)

IP Logged

« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2008, 07:13:23 AM » by Sume Gai AGGF Master
I'm sure if it was simply editors they wouldn't be very difficult to find

but I'm sure he wants proof of the quality of one's work and to know you have a good working knowledge of the content.

also there is something to be said about constancy  (fewer editors = greater consistency)

I'd love to help but doubt I'd be able to do so (with zero romhacking or translation skills)

If you are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve  -Captain Harlock
IP Logged

(Read 13227 times) 1 [2]
Jump to: