the force is strong with soul calibur 4

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Elysium - Gaming / Topic: The Force is Strong with Soul Calibur 4

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

11013 Posts, 536 Topics, 756 Members, Latest Member: NicholasN6

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 7220 times) [1] 2

The Force is Strong with Soul Calibur 4
« on: January 10, 2008, 03:09:25 AM » by Viral

Rawr
IP Logged

Re: The Force is Strong with Soul Calibur
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2008, 04:57:48 PM » by Jolty
Ya I saw that and went ok .. Cause I have played the games, but never really payed much mind to the story over all .. didn't know there was 2 soul C. swords .. Plus the fact ethier Vader's lightsaber lost the ablity to cut through everything when he got (how ever he got) in the soul C. world .. or thats one fucking tough samurai sword
IP Logged

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2008, 05:24:05 PM » by DairuggerXV
I got the feeling that the lightsabers have been dumbed down, because I doubt we'll see pieces of a lightsaber's victim flying about when Vader or Yoda scores a direct hit on their opponent.
IP Logged

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2008, 05:48:38 PM » by Sume Gai AGGF Master
I'm sorry but Vader and Yoda, WTH?

Link was cool in SC2,, Llyod made sense in SCL, but this... this is just too out there for my tastes

If you are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve  -Captain Harlock
IP Logged

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2008, 08:11:36 PM » by Chaostic Dark, Light, Shadow, Time, Chaos, PIKE
Ya I saw that and went ok .. Cause I have played the games, but never really payed much mind to the story over all .. didn't know there was 2 soul C. swords .. Plus the fact ethier Vader's lightsaber lost the ablity to cut through everything when he got (how ever he got) in the soul C. world .. or thats one fucking tough samurai sword

one of the soul swords is the Soul Edge the other is the Soul Caliber I know this because back in 97 I played Soul Blade to a..."unhealthy" degree and I also own the GC version of SC2 but I only cleared it with Link, Sigfried & Taki
IP Logged

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2008, 08:53:36 PM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
wtf

IP Logged

Re: The Force is Strong with Soul Calibur 4
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2008, 12:21:10 AM » by Gear Master Blitz
Well, I suppose that since George Lucas isn't making movies anymore, he wants to get money any way he can, like, say, the merchandise, video games, books, liscensing, royalties, that T.V. series that I heard they were making ages ago... I just wonder how much Bamco paid for their odd, and really at least from me here, unwanted appearance. I hope this isn't the start of a trend of Jedi appearing in more games that they don't belong in. I can see it now: FFXIII: Where magicite and materia meet the force, or Top Spin 3: You score against Darth Maul? He jumps the net and slices your arm off.
...Great, I just made myself fear the future of games. I hope I'm just being paranoid.

"Hello? Dead kid speaking." -Neku Sakuraba
IP Logged

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2008, 08:29:40 AM » by Kai
Hey, I liked the Jedi games, like Dark Forces, and they announced a new 1337 one, but this is even blasphemy to my believe system
IP Logged

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2008, 01:44:08 PM » by Osairis
In a game in which a ninja has big gigantic breasts and can move the way she does with nipples seemingly erect, things are not meant to make sense, especially in a fighting game with sequels.

Yoda and Vader probably won't look like they fit the game, ESPECIALLY Yoda with his very very short height with incredible agility, but nonetheless, most people will be interested to see how they fight. It's just another random fighting game moment, lets all let things continue to get more random.
IP Logged

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2008, 03:34:41 PM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
In a game in which a ninja has big gigantic breasts and can move the way she does with nipples seemingly erect, things are not meant to make sense, especially in a fighting game with sequels.
You mean ALL ninjas aren't like Taki?
THANKS FOR CRUSHING MY DREAMS!

I got the feeling that the lightsabers have been dumbed down, because I doubt we'll see pieces of a lightsaber's victim flying about when Vader or Yoda scores a direct hit on their opponent.
Lightsabers in games have never been treated remotely like the films. It'd make the games far too easy(or hard if you were fighting another saber-wielder).
Well, maybe if they did a Jedi-only fighter, and did it Bushido-Blade style...

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2008, 08:55:50 PM » by Chibi Kami
Okay, I gave them the benefit of the doubt with Heihachi. I even considered a possible dimensional shift for Link. But Vader and Yoda? BULL!!!

Star Wars has absolutely no business infringing on the Stage of History. If Lucas needed money, he should have licensed Indiana Jones (He messes with enough ancient artifacts--one of them must be used for time travel ^^).

The power of love is the most chaotic and destructive force in the known universe.
IP Logged

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2008, 05:04:59 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
Star Wars has absolutely no business infringing on the Stage of History. If Lucas needed money, he should have licensed Indiana Jones (He messes with enough ancient artifacts--one of them must be used for time travel ^^).
And Bandamco is wholely blameless.
Surely they didn't ASK Lucas if they could use Darth Vader and Yoda.
Clearly he FORCED it on them!

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2008, 08:53:10 AM » by Chaostic Dark, Light, Shadow, Time, Chaos, PIKE
You mean ALL ninjas aren't like Taki?
THANKS FOR CRUSHING MY DREAMS!
well don't forget there are male ninjas too maybe thats what Osairis

Lightsabers in games have never been treated remotely like the films. It'd make the games far too easy(or hard if you were fighting another saber-wielder).

I remember that game It was fun (if your talking about the PSX one)

I think it was called Star Wars Masters of Teras Kai or something like thar
IP Logged

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2008, 11:34:35 AM » by You Can you smell what I shell
Soul Calibur is a joke, really.

TWO SOULS DESIRE A SWORD WHICH A MAN CAN USE TO SUNDER A KING

A SWORD A SOUL BONDED ETERNALLY GO ON A DATE AND ONE PAYS TOO MUCH AND THE OTHER DOESN'T REALLY FEEL IT IS AN EQUAL IN THE RELATIONSHIP

I'm sorry it's just so obnoxious

If I could change the alphabet I'd put I and DD together
IP Logged

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2008, 02:51:17 PM » by JayBee That's how I roll.

I remember that game It was fun (if your talking about the PSX one)

I think it was called Star Wars Masters of Teras Kai or something like thar
[/quote]No, I very much WASN'T talking about Masters of Teras Kasi.
Except that lightsabers were as neutered in it as everything else.

No one's done a Star Wars-style Bushido Blade.
Hell, no one else has done a Bushido Bade-style fighter.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

(Read 7220 times) [1] 2
Jump to: