removing rom headers on a mac

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Asgard - Technical Help / Topic: Removing rom headers on a mac

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

11043 Posts, 545 Topics, 780 Members, Latest Member: jnmoors01

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 3609 times) [1]

Removing rom headers on a mac
« on: January 14, 2008, 10:55:38 PM » by tofudragon7
« Last Edit: January 14, 2008, 11:11:26 PM by tofudragon7 »
Yes, I did my homework on this one. I realized that header issues are probably causing issues with ROMs not running, and there are several games for which I can't find a headerless version due to the fact that the name's been mis-/partially translated from Japanese so many different ways it takes fifteen minutes to find a single ROM file. I tried to download SNEStool, only to discover it didn't work on a mac. After some searching, I found that NSRT was the only program that I could find to remove headers on a mac... unfortunately, its website was down. After searching the forums here, I found a download link for NSRT, which several people on these forums have apparently used.

So HERE'S my problem:
NSRT comes with no documentation on how to use itself, and is not even an application. As far as I can tell, it's some sort of terminal file... and while I've been able to open it and run a few functions, my knowledge of Unix is not exactly extensive enough to figure out how to remove the headers from my ROMs. So, does anyone here have some pointers/links to Terminal tutorials?

UPDATE: It appears there used to be a lot of support for stuff like this on macs, and it slowly died away. As far as I can tell, google has cached descriptions of a whole lot of useful utilities that don't exist anymore, such as a port of nsrt into java and several other user interface mods.

I am Zeromus. I am the hate!
IP Logged

(Read 3609 times) [1]
Jump to: