if we had a store...

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Gan Eden - General Discussion / Topic: If we had a store...

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

10987 Posts, 530 Topics, 743 Members, Latest Member: brbrafns01

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 3313 times) [1]

If we had a store...
« on: January 18, 2008, 11:41:17 PM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
Would you buy anything? T-shirts? Hats? Mugs? Clocks? Tote bags?

The reason I ask is that my job is just barely making ends meet, and while I've got some really cool plans which I can't disclose here, a little cash in the bank would certainly help them move forward. I don't want to take donations for a number of reasons I won't get into, but I've been considering some simple clothing/etc bearing the AG superimposed logo.

If there's enough interest I'll toss some stuff up in a couple of days.

IP Logged

Re: If we had a store...
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 11:43:52 PM » by Sume Gai AGGF Master
I might but it really depends on my financial situation and what is for sell

If you are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve  -Captain Harlock
IP Logged

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2008, 12:33:01 AM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
It'd depend on what you were selling, really. You show me some Cybuster shirts, and I'll show you a check in the mail. :p

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2008, 12:42:54 AM » by Andrew The Dragon Knight
I'd like to see a "Proud member of the AGGF" Shirt being sold.

My current inventory is: One transforming katana, one flight suit, one Caster, various Caster shells, one gallant (including stock and barrel) and an optimistic attitude.
IP Logged

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2008, 01:44:37 AM » by Dsvaun
That sounds interesting.  Who knows, I might actually buy something.
IP Logged

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2008, 09:55:24 AM » by Lechise Inohara Tutonic Warrior
« Last Edit: January 19, 2008, 09:57:00 AM by Lechise Inohara »
Two words... GON MERCHANDISE!

"My breathing... My eyes... And my footwork! To your sight... and to your mind! Memorize these! This is Shinsanken's special... Sengazanken!" - Roshi
IP Logged

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2008, 04:17:56 PM » by Fnord
Sadly not. Its expensive for me to order things from the states, and even if that wasnt the case, chances are that i would not buy anything anyway.

Dont get me wrong thought, i do enjoy your work, and i would like to help you, but being a student my economic situation aint that great (and i would suspect that thats the case for a lot of people out there).
IP Logged

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2008, 01:35:06 PM » by XenoLovah003 raaarr the gaming goddess
no.

The whole idea of merchandise only works if you have a huge following. Willing to part with their money. And a product that is of high value.
why not just run a little strip of *gasp* Google Ads, linky to some Amazon merchandise & let that be it? I'm sure you'll pull in a little income from random clicks. Why not? If you can monetize your website to break even, your fans won't complain.
IP Logged

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2008, 01:58:39 PM » by Dsvaun
« Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 07:51:03 PM by Dsvaun »
I thus propose that we spread the word of Gideon Zhi!!  Quickly we must go forth and email someplace where many people flock.  First stop: VG CATS!!!

Being serious now, I think Xeno has a point.  While I may buy a few things in the store, I seriously doubt you'll be able to afford a yacht when I'm through.  If you want to start a store, you'll definitely need to advertise, not rely on the ATLUS method (basically figuring their things are so good that they'll sell themselves).

The reason I mentioned VG Cats, other than the fact that I am an avid reader, it's what got me playing the Original Generation games, which inevitably lead back me here.  Those who regularly visit the site might remember the link I'm talking about (Hint: Robot Boobs).
Another reason is that of course many gamers visit the site so they would be interested in seeing games like Rockman & Forte, Star Fox 2, or of course Live-A-Live.  You could draw quite a crowd, and of course with it: Income.

As for what to sell, anything copyrighted is probably out (I.E. Gon, Cybuster, etc.)
IP Logged

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2008, 02:25:28 PM » by XenoLovah003 raaarr the gaming goddess
Another reason is that of course many gamers visit the site so they would be interested in seeing games like Rockman & Forte, Star Fox 2, or of course Live-A-Live.  You could draw quite a crowd, and of course with it: Income.

As for what to sell, anything copyrighted is probably out (I.E. Gon, Cybuster, etc.)
Gid could also go the Chinese search engine way, linking to every friggin rom site & then anime, software and...
*SLAP*
oh, i was getting caught up in the whole monetizing this. But trust me, a blog that has a lot of readers can make you money. Google on 6 figure blogging and see what's possible. Sorry, i'm a money wh**e. I needs the moneys.
IP Logged

(Read 3313 times) [1]
Jump to: