sega genesis rpgs?

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Elysium - Gaming / Topic: Sega Genesis rpgs?

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

11013 Posts, 536 Topics, 756 Members, Latest Member: NicholasN6

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 12261 times) [1] 2

Sega Genesis rpgs?
« on: January 21, 2008, 01:53:41 PM » by XenoLovah003 raaarr the gaming goddess
i fondly remember the top rpgs being on SNES, but Genesis had a few good ones. Especially Phantasy Star 2/4, Ys 3, Shining Force series, & LandStalker. Anyone know if Surging Aura, Blue Almanac or that Crystal Light (wth was the name again? LOL) series might be translated in the near future?
IP Logged

Re: Sega Genesis rpgs?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2008, 04:23:08 PM » by Kai
IP Logged

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 09:19:49 PM » by You Can you smell what I shell
Dungeons and Dragons: Warriors of the Eternal Sun

Though the ending sure sucks.

Also, some weird SRPG that plays like Fire Emblem and has CROCODILE KNIGHTS

If I could change the alphabet I'd put I and DD together
IP Logged

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2008, 11:15:16 PM » by Adamjirra
Not and RPG per se, but I throughly enjoyed Lights Crusaider, even if it is a bit on the easy side. (What the hell treasure, you made evil platformer games, now this is easy?)
IP Logged

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2008, 11:48:58 PM » by Flavahbeast
Also, some weird SRPG that plays like Fire Emblem and has CROCODILE KNIGHTS
Warsong/Langrisser 1
IP Logged

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2008, 06:12:18 PM » by Cainen
Shadowrun.  It's a bit different compared to what you're used to, but the dialogue's pretty fitting with the setting and it's fun, if a bit hard the first time around.

'sides, the Matrix half of that game is awesome.
IP Logged

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2008, 12:30:18 PM » by You Can you smell what I shell
Is that the good version of shadowrun?

I heard there's two and one kinda sucks

If I could change the alphabet I'd put I and DD together
IP Logged

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2008, 01:32:14 PM » by Sakura77 Lost Newtype Child
The genesis one was the better of the two here's a link to a shrine on RPGClassics

http://www.rpgclassics.com/shrines/genesis/shadowrun/

Things can always get worse...
IP Logged

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2008, 05:53:52 PM » by Keiseth The Mimic
It is (somewhat) widely debated which of the two Shadowrun RPGs are inferior. My personal opinion is that the Sega Genesis one is superior in terms of gameplay, but lacks a lot of the atmosphere and storyline that the SNES game has. I like the Genesis one for its replay value; you can get an endless supply of more or less random missions and the matrix hacking is years ahead of the SNES version's. You'd really have to play both; they're very different and not easy to compare at all.
IP Logged

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2008, 06:55:39 PM » by andwhyisit
Crusader of Centy
IP Logged

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2008, 05:05:56 PM » by LGB I hate footsoldiers
andwhyisit beat me to it. Grr.

Light Crusader is great, nice music (sounds like Castlevania Bloodlines), and though this doesn't mean much, is made by Treasure.

Can't remember anything else that hasn't been mentioned right now. Except for Langrisser II.

Always outnumbered, never outgunned.
IP Logged

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2008, 08:20:36 PM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
Lunar: Eternal Blue.
The thread is over. 

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2008, 06:36:44 AM » by Cainen
The thread is over. 

Sega Genesis != Sega CD.  If it was, I'd have suggested Snatcher, even if it didn't apply.
IP Logged

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2008, 12:05:03 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
The thread is over. 

Sega Genesis != Sega CD.  If it was, I'd have suggested Snatcher, even if it didn't apply.
SegaCD == Sega Genesis, even if Sega Genesis != SegaCD. :P

Besides, Lunar 2 transcends such mundane concepts as native platform. It's equally applicable in an SNES RPG thread, or a Commodore 64 RPG thread.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2008, 12:36:49 AM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
The thread is over.

Sega Genesis != Sega CD. If it was, I'd have suggested Snatcher, even if it didn't apply.
SegaCD == Sega Genesis, even if Sega Genesis != SegaCD. :P

Besides, Lunar 2 transcends such mundane concepts as native platform. It's equally applicable in an SNES RPG thread, or a Commodore 64 RPG thread.

There are so many fundamental errors with that statement, and yet, I find myself unable to argue with any of them.

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

(Read 12261 times) [1] 2
Jump to: