aggf part 2

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Gan Eden - General Discussion / Topic: AGGF part 2

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

10991 Posts, 531 Topics, 745 Members, Latest Member: Shakku

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 393827 times) 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 109

Re: AGGF part 2
« Reply #90 on: January 31, 2008, 07:52:52 PM » by Andrew The Dragon Knight
Derek, when did you become a member of the Tepes family?

My current inventory is: One transforming katana, one flight suit, one Caster, various Caster shells, one gallant (including stock and barrel) and an optimistic attitude.
IP Logged

« Reply #91 on: January 31, 2008, 08:07:59 PM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
I've used the strategy in the past, actually. And I've been playing Gun Hazard in my off time over the last week.

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

« Reply #92 on: January 31, 2008, 08:42:47 PM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
You've got whatever authorizations you need, 'Vaun.

And I'll go with you, JayBee. I've been sitting here doing administrative work all week, and 'Scythe's all about having the fun with the stealth and spookiness.

Hey, you think we'd get them really scared by leaving a few scrapped machines impaled on trees and stuff?
All right, chief.
Was already trying to figure out how to further the chaos. Your plan sounds good to me. Just don't make too much of a ruckus until I get back. Aside from not wanting to miss all the fun, I'd like to avoid the chance of being on the inside when they start panicking... or if their superiors manage to convince the grunts that it's enemy action.

*grabs a thermoptic cloak(with tear-resistent liner... it's worth the extra bucks), a mine administration uniform, a PDA with some decrypt tools, and a toolbox*

We can roll as soon as you give the word.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #93 on: January 31, 2008, 08:47:41 PM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
Let's go, but you can leave the cloak for now. I just want to get some basic recon, this time.

And personally, after all we've seen in regards to lab projects over the last few weeks, I'd rather just carpetbomb the place and say to hell with the data. None of it's been any good for us, anyway.

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

« Reply #94 on: January 31, 2008, 10:03:57 PM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
Awww.... I was looking forward to going Solid Snake on their asses...

I guess going Metal Gear on them is close enough.   

Moving out.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #95 on: February 01, 2008, 09:06:54 PM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
Okay, we're back. Initial recon was fun. JayBee, go ahead and fill them in. I've got a few, ah, history records to go check out.

IP Logged

« Reply #96 on: February 02, 2008, 02:46:44 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
Chicken.

Well, Bask is pissed. He's told all his troops in the area that they're making a last stand there in the mines. Every-fucking-thing he owns in the area is lined up, just waiting for us.
I'm not gonna bother listing stuff, or counting units.
If it's a mobile suit or a mobile armor, and it's not a one-off model, he has it, and he has lots of it.

If it IS a one-off...
Unless I'm crazy, I think I saw the GP-02. Physalus is waiting for us. Probably loaded with a nuke. If he thinks he can down us in one shot, he'll sacrifice his men to do it.

And he seems to be VERY fond of Big Zam Kai. There was ANOTHER one in the main hanger(how did he build so many so fast?). He's keeping a crew in rotation on it, idling at all times so that it's ready to roll at a moment's notice. Phase shit armor and i-fields both online.
We're gonna have to beat this one in a fair fight it looks like. But there's only one(thank goodness).

WHY DOES HE KEEP BUILDING THESE THINGS?!?!
Oh, right. He hates us.

The base is nested in a mountain range, and there's really only one way to approach it without blowing a hole in the range. It's also heavily fortified with anti-aircraft weapons.
So he knows what direction we're coming from. You'll wanna charge in guns blazing, because his guys will fire as soon as they see you.
He HAD booby-trapped the route, but we killed those on the way home. All sneaky-like. They still report as fully-functional, but all they'll do is give us a bit of smoke cover.

There's a good mix of mechs in all of the hangers. So don't expect any real differentiation in the waves. Actually, don't expect waves. I figure he's gonna launch everything at once, and try to drown us with sheer numbers.

And since he's pulled units from all around the area, the base is WAY past capacity. There's a bunch of make-shift shelters dotting the rest of the base, as well as mechs just sitting out in the open.
That's actually gonna work in our favor, for a change.

Anything that's not hardened can be smashed in a surprise attack. That means all the stuff outside the hangers. 
I'm thinking the opening shot should be a YF-21 missile strafe. It's stealthy enough that they should still be surprised when I start unloading micromissiles on as wide an area as possible, even with an aerial approach. That'll lower the odds a bit at near-zero risk to us.

Then I'll circle back, land, jump into the Huckey, and come help with Big Zam Kai and company.
Or at least, that's what I'd like to say.

Here's the problem with that.
For all the bluster he's showing, Bask is NOT planning to make this his last stand. He may just think we're lucky, but he's not counting on our luck running out just yet.

I managed to get a data link into the system, and found something interesting while I was poking around... there were some defenses wired up in places there simply shouldn't BE defenses. And a single small, oddly-located mech hanger... it's under the base, and the only exit is right into a mountain.

He's got himself a personal evacuation route. Carved a tunnel from  the command area down to his personal hanger, and another out the hanger, through the mountains, and on to the backside. There's a high-speed aerial mech, custom make, parked in the hanger. The tunnel is essentially one long runway. Well, actually, the power grid implies it's an electromagnetic accelerator that'll shoot him out the back like a bullet. The tunnels and hanger don't exist on anything in the computer, but the mechs and power feeds do. Whoopsie.

The POINT is .... While we're cutting a path through his forces, he's boosting out the rear, and off to regroup in another territory.

After I do my flyby and drop my missiles, I'll probably have our only clean shot at the ass-end of Bask's base until we break his defenses utterly, by which point he'll be long gone.
So... While it pains me to miss the shooting gallery at the front door(I think we ALL know how much I love a good firefight), I'm gonna be otherwise occupied.

After I dump my missiles, I'll gonna jettison the FAST packs, drop some chaff and flares, boost past the back of the base before the AA weapons can figure out what's going on, and start blasting his escape route to hell. 
Dip in the tunnel and storm down it and into the base, smashing anything that gets in the way.

I expect purely AI defenses. No way he's told his troops that he's bailing on them, and planned a 1-man escape route months in advance. But there's also no way he left an undefended back door into his base. There's 7 Virgos in the hanger. Probably deployed out on constant patrol in the tunnel.

Anyways, with luck, Bask won't be in his escape mech yet when I catch up.

If he is... sucks to be him.
*feral grin*

Worse comes to worst, I can always release the limiter again.
I ASSURE you it'll be a last resort of ultimate desperation. But that shithead is NOT getting away. Not this time.
One way or another, he's paying for what he's done.

I'll let Derek awe you with the "ghost" stories.
I assure you they're worth hearing.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #97 on: February 02, 2008, 03:30:12 AM » by Andrew The Dragon Knight
This will be our biggest battle yet. When is it going to take place?

My current inventory is: One transforming katana, one flight suit, one Caster, various Caster shells, one gallant (including stock and barrel) and an optimistic attitude.
IP Logged

« Reply #98 on: February 02, 2008, 04:30:22 AM » by Tyria Mad Scientist, Division of Aberration Creation
Hmn...I wonder if we can't send a Haro of Doom to infiltrate the base's escape route. If we can, we can do a lot of damage to it with it's self-destruction, that should take care of the electromagnetic accelerator.
IP Logged

« Reply #99 on: February 02, 2008, 04:47:14 AM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
For the moment, I'm pretty hesitant to put a concrete date on this one, simply due to the sheer amount of preparations we're gonna need to pull off in order to accomplish it. Sim fights against the BZK, the back door, figuring out scenarios to deal with the GP-02, the list goes on.

Actually, I know full well what my plan is for the Phys. The question is whether or not I could pull it off without getting killed in the process.

Point is, we're gonna need some serious prep time for this one. I don't expect us to be ready to do this for at least a few weeks.

Anyway, I want everyone to start logging in some extra sim hours when they're not on duty, while we start working on this. JayBee, go ahead and start doing what you can to soften them up a bit more. Make a few extra groups of patrols disappear, scare them up by distance sniping a cannon placement or two, just do your usual thing. And while you're at it, see if you can do me the favor of finding out just who's piloting the 02. The chances of Gato getting involved with Bask are in the negatives, which can make my idea both easier and harder at the same time.

Andrew, Sakura, you two start picking mechs out of a hat and start patrolling the rest of the region. Bask's the kind of guy who has no problems leaving scattered pockets of men stranded out in the wilderness, if he finds the time better spent saving his own ass. If you find anything, you have authorization to do what you feel is necessary for the situation. Make them surrender, burn the place to the ground, kill everyone and steal the gear, whatever. It's entirely your call. Try to use different machines as you do, so we can go ahead and get the test data while we're doing it.

'Vaun, you're fine as is. Keep working on whatever you feel takes priority.

Tyria, you're still completely grounded. Next suggestion you make had better be how you intend on paying the bills.

I THINK that covers everybody. While I've got the time, I'm gonna take the Bellzelute for a test run. I might be able to factor it in somehow if all goes well with the tests.

Oh, and before I forget, the ghost story. Let me just say this. Natural fog and a mech designed to be Death incarnate go very well together. Especially when the last thing a unit's camera sees is the scythe lighting up.

IP Logged

« Reply #100 on: February 02, 2008, 05:34:50 AM » by Tyria Mad Scientist, Division of Aberration Creation
Er...what would happen if I said: I don't?
IP Logged

« Reply #101 on: February 02, 2008, 06:12:53 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
JayBee, go ahead and start doing what you can to soften them up a bit more. Make a few extra groups of patrols disappear, scare them up by distance sniping a cannon placement or two, just do your usual thing.
All right. You can count on me.
*evil grin*
I'm gonna see about getting some mods made to the Blitz. Nothing major, or even permanent. I just want the anchor and feet to leave more animalistic imprints. I think it's obvious why.

And while you're at it, see if you can do me the favor of finding out just who's piloting the 02. The chances of Gato getting involved with Bask are in the negatives, which can make my idea both easier and harder at the same time.
That might be harder.

Ya know... It may be a bootleg Physalis. If he can keep cranking out those modded 'Zams,  a single over-buffed mobile suit shouldn't be an issue, assuming he can get plans. 'S why I was hoping I was crazy and you didn't see it too.
I don't really wanna think about the possibility of Bask(or anyone!) mass-producing the 02. It may not have as much weaponry as some of the other units we've seen, but... just the sheer amount of armor on it makes it a seriously bad mofo. Those mother-loving Zams are giving me enough nightmares. I prefer to believe he's spent most of his resources trying to make his ultimate super weapon pay off.

And if they have plans, they can start modding them. Merciful Althena, please don't let them have plans.

I'd suggest taking the Stampede in right behind me and using that ship-cracker cannon to rape the thing right as it comes out the door, but the AA guns will probably eat anyone following me for breakfast.
'Sides, the Stampede's not even remotely suitable for this op with all that crap bolted on. 'S just too slow.
And if you eject the FAST packs... it's a VF-1 with no guns. Barring the sudden acquisition of a Ball, we'd be hard-pressed to find a worse mech for this operation.

It was a nice wish for a few seconds, though.

Maybe long-range bombardment with the Monster? It's built to do what the GP-02 does, and probably does it a good bit better. But if the bad guys over-run it, the crew is screwed. Lot of armor, but no defensive weapons.
If we have reaction warheads for the railguns, that makes it a very appealing softener, though. Lob a few in, then swap mechs for something a bit nimbler and join the fray.

I'm gonna rig a few sim variations on the back door. Tending towards worst-case scenarios.
Given it's a stupid stunt, I wanna be damn sure I've got it down. 'Specially since I'm getting out of practice with ye olde Omega One.

I think I can swing it, provided all 7 Virgos aren't at the front gate as I come down. Even then, I have some plans.

Hey.... you think a speedy capture of Bask and exposure of his escape might demoralize his troops?
Nah. They probably expect it anyways.

Tyria, the problem with delivering a Haro to the escape tunnel is getting it TO the escape tunnel. As near as I can tell, Bask is the only one who can open the access from inside the base. And once I'm at the outside exit, I may as well start blasting lasers into the walls.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #102 on: February 02, 2008, 08:27:09 AM » by Sakura77 Lost Newtype Child
I'll start doing patrols soon, I recommend that we have someone pilot the X Divider and use it along with my Avalanche to wipe out a large chunk right after or before the inital attack (Avalanche has as big as a firing and effect range is the twin buster rifle.)

Things can always get worse...
IP Logged

« Reply #103 on: February 02, 2008, 10:44:32 AM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
Er...what would happen if I said: I don't?

I'd never let you anywhere near a lab or even so much as the simulator ever again while I had the authority to?

JayBee doesn't blame you for what happened to the Commander, but I'm not so quick to forgive something quite so boneheaded. One Ohshit is worth about twelve Attaboys, you know. And I personally think the whole thing could have been avoided if you hadn't been so eager to have your mad scientist title in the first place, so I'm not very happy with you to start with.

So, yeah. You're paying the bills for base repair at the very LEAST, seeing as how the Commander was the only one I know who had the superpower of being able to make money magically appear when he needed it to, and he's not here right now. Unless someone else has about twenty-five large lying around and would like to volunteer it, you and I are the only ones who it falls upon to cover these repairs. And I'm not the one who caused the accident to start with.

I found the full invoice on my desk when I got back. $25,762 for the full repairs to the base, and that's just a start for the entire cost of this fiasco.

Since you don't seem to be so keen about actually owning up to this one, I'll make this official. Consider yourself on indefinate suspension until I see some effort to make up for this whole mess.

And if it makes you feel any better, which it probably won't, I would be just as much of a hardass about this if it was anyone else. 'Vaun, JayBee, even myself. It doesn't matter. You screw up, you take responsibility for it. That's how I work. If you don't like it, then you really should have thought about it before Gai nearly killed himself taking down your pet monster.

And in other news, the Bellzelute is pretty fun to use, though I think I need to calibrate the sights a bit before I try sniping again. More on that later, as I need to go get a little sleep.

IP Logged

« Reply #104 on: February 02, 2008, 11:37:46 AM » by Sakura77 Lost Newtype Child
If you can, leave the combat data plus your own opinions on my desk and I'll send it to Mao to assist them. I'm going to do a patrol in the Armorlion and with your permission I would like to build the Altairlion (we have everything, shouldn't take more than a week).

Things can always get worse...
IP Logged

(Read 393827 times) 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 109
Jump to: