aggf part 2

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Gan Eden - General Discussion / Topic: AGGF part 2

Gon is calm
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

10949 Posts, 520 Topics, 749 Members, Latest Member: nabycoremy

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 374411 times) 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 109

Re: AGGF part 2
« Reply #105 on: February 02, 2008, 12:17:48 PM » by Dsvaun
Tyria, at this point as long as it doesn't involve any experiments or screwing us ten times over we don't care how you get the money.  Hack into the enemy's system and route a few funds, go out into the street and pimp yourself.  We honestly don't care/want to know how you do it.  Just do it.  It's not like you're allowed to do much around the base.
IP Logged

« Reply #106 on: February 02, 2008, 07:50:16 PM » by Andrew The Dragon Knight
Sir, I have a hunch, but it will keep me out for at least a week. If I could take either the Kyrios or the Zeta out during that time, I'd like to follow up on said hunch.

My current inventory is: One transforming katana, one flight suit, one Caster, various Caster shells, one gallant (including stock and barrel) and an optimistic attitude.
IP Logged

« Reply #107 on: February 02, 2008, 08:02:14 PM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
Give me a ballpark idea for what your hunch is about, and I'll consider it. Sound fair?

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

« Reply #108 on: February 02, 2008, 08:58:33 PM » by Andrew The Dragon Knight
I Found a couple of things. I heard some rumors about unsued weapon stockpiles in a few places around the world. I also think I know where I can find Masaki. I've been doing some radar checks and he shows up every once in a while. I was doing some calculations and I think I know where he will show up next.

My current inventory is: One transforming katana, one flight suit, one Caster, various Caster shells, one gallant (including stock and barrel) and an optimistic attitude.
IP Logged

« Reply #109 on: February 02, 2008, 09:03:29 PM » by Sakura77 Lost Newtype Child
Back from patrol, nothing new to report except that I found a unusual group of young girls who I believe to be gundam pilots by how they were acting. They want to meet me again in a cafe and I wish to find out who they are working for, but I would like to let you know sir.

Things can always get worse...
IP Logged

« Reply #110 on: February 02, 2008, 10:35:44 PM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
Alright. Permission granted for both of you. And good luck, especially with Masaki. We might just have the ace we needed to actually get him to stick around if he does show up, after that unknown BHE incident.

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

« Reply #111 on: February 02, 2008, 10:41:44 PM » by Andrew The Dragon Knight
Alright sir.

Launch, Kyrios!

I'll send in regular reports.

IP Logged

« Reply #112 on: February 03, 2008, 02:11:58 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
I Found a couple of things. I heard some rumors about unsued weapon stockpiles in a few places around the world. I also think I know where I can find Masaki. I've been doing some radar checks and he shows up every once in a while. I was doing some calculations and I think I know where he will show up next.

Masaki is the living embodiment of the Heisenberg uncertainty principle.
It's impossible to know where he is and where he's going at the same time, and observing his motion or position will alter his motion/position.

Good luck, though.

In unrelated news....
I have a plan to soften the base up a bit.
Some of you might remember that in the old days of the UN's rule over the Sol system, there was a large orbital defense satellite network set up around Earth.
After the UN fell from power, the satellite network became neglected and fell into disrepair. There's no longer an active data link, most of the surviving satellites no longer function properly, and if someone attacked, our collective ass would be grass.

HOWEVER...
With a bit of help from one of my UNS colleagues, I managed to restore an uplink to part of the network. I have control of THREE  particle beam cannons currently in geosynchronous orbit within striking distance of Bask's mine.

MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
'Scuse me, I'm starting to sound like Tyria now.

Cracking the Big Zam Kai or excessive hammering of a hardened target isn't an option, because I want a pseudo-random attack pattern. Make it LOOK like a severe hardware malfunction that Bask just HAPPENED to be the target of. They've been known to lock onto non-hostile facilities and ships before when the systems failed, though it's pretty uncommon, and they have a watchdog circuit that activates a self-destruct charge if they go totally bonkers. USUALLY before they start firing, but... once or twice it didn't kick in for a little bit. And since we're ordering it through a proper uplink, the watchdog will give us a bit of leeway in the bombardment. We'll get a bit of target practice before it shuts us down permanently. Not for long, but we can probably bathe the base in pulses of relativistic protons for a minute or two.

I wouldn't count on this uplink remaining stable. The hardware's in pretty rough shape, and I think I'll lose communications in the next few days.

I can initiate Operation Angel's Paints at any moment. Just waiting for authorization.

I'm still not sure about the GP02's pilot or legitimacy.
Working on it, but it's a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #113 on: February 03, 2008, 03:12:11 PM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
Alright. Rain hot firey death upon our enemies in the name of justice and/or badassery.

Just don't hit the 02, if you can. If things go as well as I'd like them to, really, I want to see if we can make the Phys do what it does best. Get stolen by the enemy.

IP Logged

« Reply #114 on: February 03, 2008, 03:45:38 PM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
Alright. Rain hot firey death upon our enemies in the name of justice and/or badassery.

Just don't hit the 02, if you can. If things go as well as I'd like them to, really, I want to see if we can make the Phys do what it does best. Get stolen by the enemy.
Okie-dokie.
I can plot things to avoid cracking that hanger. Like I said, it only LOOKS like a random bombardment.

*keys in a few corrections to the targeting pattern*

I like how you think.

*starts the Minmay 2012 Farewell Tour CD*
Operation Angel's Paints begins...
*pokes a little red button*
NOW!

The rain is BROUGHT.

*watches mobile suits flung about like ragdolls from the explosions*

We have a hanger failure! Sweet! Wasn't really expecting it, but it was worth a shot or two.

*adjusts fire pattern to hit the hanger remains*

Direct hit on Big Zam Kai! I repeat, direct hit on Big Zam Kai!

*the satellites detonate*
Damn watchdog circuit.

Now we wait for the smoke to clear and the dust to settle..

*A few minutes pass. The CD is removed, under threat of death*

All right. Spy satellite feed coming in.
The main hanger was destroyed. That was the one housing BZK.
About 2/3s of the exposed mechs were damaged beyond repair, including ones that were outright vaporized. Based on hanger size, we smashed about a third of the hangered mechs. Based on rubble, the best mechs are the hangered ones.
Odds are still very much against us, but.... not near so badly.

And for the question on everyone's mind... Big Zam Kai is heavily damaged, but not destroyed.  I repeat, Big Zam Kai is wounded!

One leg is a twisted wreck, there's scorching on the hull, and it looks to have lost about half the phase shit armor on the upper hull, as well as ALL the PS on the damaged leg. The upper missile launcher ports are fused. But it's still functional.
I don't think they have replacement phase shift armor on-hand. So our job just got a lot easier. BZK has a weak point now. Two, actually.

Thak you, thank you. Your applause is too kind.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #115 on: February 03, 2008, 04:18:29 PM » by Sakura77 Lost Newtype Child
I met with those girls, they are gundam pilots who deserted Bask, they mentioned that the base is going to receive reinforcements in a week. Apparently there will be 500 Daggers, 50 Qubeley MK IIs, 5 a Azieru, and 125 Aile Windams. The biggest problem will be the a Azierus which are almost as tough as BZKs.

Things can always get worse...
IP Logged

« Reply #116 on: February 03, 2008, 04:32:00 PM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
*Steals the Minmay CD*

My collection is now complete.

Good job, mon. That just made our lives sixteen times easier. This'll probably step up our game plan by a few days, easy. Next job I have for you is to see what you can do about shutting down that back door from the outside. This one's not as big a priority as it sounds, as, honestly, Bask will probably find some way to escape whether or not he has to do it on foot through the mountains, but I'd love to give him a hard time as he tries.

I'm gonna head out with 'Scythe in a few, to check the place out while there's still some serious confusion from the attack. Once that dies down, the security is probably gonna tighten up severely. Better to head in now, while I have the chance.

Oh, and I'm borrowing the CD, JayBee. I'll give it back later.

Gundam Deathscythe, launching.

IP Logged

« Reply #117 on: February 04, 2008, 01:04:39 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
Hmmm....

I've been going over the shots I got from the camsat before I killed the uplink.

Looks like there's about 1500 mechs left outside that are operable or can be repaired. Possibly adjusted upwards if something survived but was buried under parts(they were dense enough that it's possible).
Pretty much all cannon-fodder. Leos, Zakus, GINNs, Balls(how the hell did a platoon of Balls even get formed?), that sort of garbage.

Not sure about hanger mech count. There's so much rubble, and so much was vaporized, that it's hard to say how densely packed they are.

BTW.... I was thinking, and the implication of the Zam taking hits from a particle cannon is that we burned out the I-field generator. I doubt they have a spare generator that large.
No phase shit, no I-field, a limp...
This may be a cakewalk.

On the downside...
You remember we got a half-complete Gundam Alex from these monkeys WAY back in October?

Well.... while I was running the analysis, the computer found parts to an Alex in the rubble. Actually, it found parts to a pair of them.
Recommend you assume the enemy can mass-produce the Alex.

On the upside, unless they reworked it internally, the Alex is "just" a high-performance Mobile Suit. It doesn't have a Psycommu/Psychoframe/Zero System/T-Link/BCS/WTF.
And I doubt they'd go to the effort of redesigning it and not even add funnels.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #118 on: February 04, 2008, 03:55:07 AM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
Well, you just gave me an idea for something to have 'Vaun do in his spare time.

I got a few nice little bits of info out of this trip. First one being that the 02 isn't manned, but it's not a Doll, either. They plugged an AI computer into the cockpit, and that's it. Bask must have wanted it as a disposable bomb, judging from the complete lack of effort he made towards redesigning it as an actual combat machine like he tried with the Sazabi. And yeah, I said bomb. It's definately armed with the nuke option.

Another fun thing I picked up is the location of that Messala from our last major open-field battle a few months back. He's stuck in one of the collapsed hangars, but I can say for certain that they're all interconnected as part of the base. I doubt they have the room to move him any closer to a working exit, but expect to see the guy sometime after the fighting starts.

The other kinds of units inside the place are all higher level stuff like Gaplants and Virgos and crap, easily over a thousand in number. I did indeed see a bunch of Alex models in there, about twenty or so total. Unlike the 02, though, these did appear to be mass-produced Doll types. They didn't even really bother with a decent paint job for them. They basically look like someone took the Gundam Mk.II's paint job and slapped it on Alex. Really tacky.

That's about all I gleamed out of this trip, but it does give us the info we needed as to whether or not we could pull a Gato and swipe Phys. Anything you guys want to commentate on?

IP Logged

« Reply #119 on: February 04, 2008, 05:26:46 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
I like the idea of a gundamjack. GP-02 is one of the toughest-looking gundams in history, and one of the few that looks bad-ass even in SD form.
What?

Could we upload a virus? Make it just drop the bazooka and walk off the battlefield when they deploy it? It'd be as hilarious as Dendoh's first sortie. I can just imagine the look on Bask's face.

Also, I only collapsed one hanger... so we know EXACTLY where the Messala is.

If I'd known it was in there, I'd've launched a few more shots that way. But I was more worried about the Zam, and it was the only unit I could really pick out amid the dust and the shrapnel.

I really don't see a way to close the back door without getting someone to the far side of the base to blast it in. The mountain range makes it difficult to do that during the fight. It's not on the base computer network. I think you'd have to get a hard link in the escape-bay hanger to access the systems.
And closing it in advance means he knows we know, unless we can make it look REALLY accidental.

I'm HOPING the satellite bombardment didn't tip our hand.
I tried for a system failure, and wasted more shots than I really wanted on outside-the-base fire to make it look like it.
But it's hard to make a Ripley look accidental. Especially a Ripley carpet-bomb.  It's not IMPOSSIBLE, mind you. Just very hard. Especially with particle cannons. 
Space debris is easier in a system as cluttered as Sol. Shit happens. Sometimes it happens on your house. We don't exactly have the equipment to start nudging zentradi relics from Space War 1 out of orbit, though.

Pity I didn't have enough firepower to just carve through the mountain and vape the command center. To heck with subtle(if you can call Angel's Paints subtle...).
Bask was smart to bury it deep in the mines. He's a clever bastard, I'll give him that much.

Ah well... I gotta run.
Me and Jennifer have a running contest at the firing range. I need to get things set up for today's event. 

We're doing trickshooting with carbines.
No, we're not shooting at each other. Does this LOOK like Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show to you?

I STILL can't figure out how she wound up in medical and not a combat role, though. I understand liking firearms, but Jenn's got an innate talent with pretty much any ranged implement of death, damage, or destruction that we've found so far, from bows to bazookas.
Yes, we've tested rocket launchers.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

(Read 374411 times) 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 109
Jump to: