aggf part 2

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Gan Eden - General Discussion / Topic: AGGF part 2

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

11026 Posts, 541 Topics, 767 Members, Latest Member: metalmight

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 421736 times) 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 109

Re: AGGF part 2
« Reply #315 on: February 18, 2008, 04:45:35 PM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
Case-by-case basis with full reports of what you're planning, using, and trying to make happen before I even CONSIDER letting you do them. I'm not going to challenge your clearance level being raised up since you actually did what I asked you to, albeit with some resistance, but I'll be DAMNED if you're not on probation. Both for the Giga-whatever AND the near Aliens-esque situation with the Haros.

If those things had started bursting from people's chests, I would have gone through with evacing the base and using Phys on it.

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

« Reply #316 on: February 18, 2008, 04:54:09 PM » by Tyria Mad Scientist, Division of Aberration Creation
« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 04:55:51 PM by Tyria »
Look, I fully take responsability for the Giga incident, I did a very rash thing and pushed technology in a way it wasn't meant to be, with disastrous results, not like I had a manual or something like that to know it would happen and while I think Rebi Tora may be cute, I doubt that seducing her would give me specks on Ze-Field, but I refuse to acknowledge any blame on the Haro thing.

That was fault of the tech that handled the disposal of that Haro and lack of common sense by someone who tampered with our defensive grid for their sport.
IP Logged

« Reply #317 on: February 18, 2008, 05:10:28 PM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
So you say. Until something catastrophic enough to actually top the Giga incident happens and ISN'T your doing, I'm offiically blaming you first and foremost for all large-scale crisis situations that occur at our bases. Particularly for two reasons at this point.

One, they were YOUR Haros to begin with.

And Two, you somehow managed to use the confusion to get away with using your lab for analyzing one of the bloody things, which you were still unauthorized to do at the time. Which, I should mention, turned up the results that those things were a result of the Giga. Unless you have a clever story to explain why YOUR tests showed that, of course.

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

« Reply #318 on: February 18, 2008, 05:32:31 PM » by Tyria Mad Scientist, Division of Aberration Creation
One: They were the Haros we use for standard base defence (something has to patrol our ventilation ducts) )and torture. If you can't even see that, it's your problem, because as any unit on the hangar, if someone play with it the wrong way, bad things happen. As I told before, I provide Haros for training and other things, BUT you people must use the only HAROS I GIVE! NO TAKING FROM THE LAB BECAUSE YOU TOUGHT IT WOULD BE FUN TO PAINT IT IN ZEON COLLOURS AND SHOOT IT! I am not sure who took it and placed a self-suficient Haro for assassination on the network that the main computer uses to coordinate them and set US AS IT'S TARGET! That Haro was made to hack into systems and use them to accomplish his mission. As I said before it is a prototype that I tought better not test and was partly disasembled on a corner of the lab.
Tought luck that we had that undisposed MSH there, since they are a copy from the original Haro of Doom we use and it was open to any command (since Giga-chan isn't around anymore), our security grid got it's signal as a regular Haro and Zeon-Haro recruited it to it's efforts.

Two:It was a emergency situation and I did what I had to do.
Good story or not that's it, you are free to punish me as you see fit for that. As for how I discovered some Haros were a result from Giga well...I don't know how you make your Haros (if you ever do), but mine don't SHATTER in crystal-like substance when shoot...and they don't replicate theirselves using nearby material...no tests needed there...
IP Logged

« Reply #319 on: February 18, 2008, 05:48:05 PM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
You know what the funniest part is, about this whole thing?

If you had stopped for a second and thought about it, you would have realized that I've been purposely egging you on for the last hour now, just to see your reactions. Freaking out, getting defensive, and making a point to explain every little thing as not your fault seem to be chief among them.

Thanks for that little insight into how your mind works. Your punishment for using the lab is to go help with cleaning up what's left of Warehouse 3. Chaostic can help you out, since he was the one who let you in there to start with.

IP Logged

« Reply #320 on: February 18, 2008, 06:00:48 PM » by Tyria Mad Scientist, Division of Aberration Creation
Dammit...I explained it to not be my fault!!

Why the hell did I do that...oh yeah, because it isn't!

Look, just belive what the hell you want, this case is closed and if you want to punish me for doing something to try get the situation back in hand, fine, you have your right to be paranoid (because if almost getting on my lab, guns blazing just because I took a regular Haro to find what the hell was happening just about defines it).

IP Logged

« Reply #321 on: February 18, 2008, 06:59:35 PM » by Sume Gai AGGF Master
Derek! You're taking this too far.

do you think Tyria would still be here if I wasn't satisfied that he is trustworthy

if you continue I will take over Tyria's observation

If you are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve  -Captain Harlock
IP Logged

« Reply #322 on: February 18, 2008, 07:22:24 PM » by Dsvaun
Derek I agree with the commander. This isn't the first major disaster to occur with us.  I don't need to remind you about the Corsair Incident.  At least this time the base is still here.
IP Logged

« Reply #323 on: February 18, 2008, 08:27:20 PM » by Andrew The Dragon Knight
I agree with both of them , Derek.  Simply put, we've ALL done stupid things. Tyria has done some amazingly good things, too.

My current inventory is: One transforming katana, one flight suit, one Caster, various Caster shells, one gallant (including stock and barrel) and an optimistic attitude.
IP Logged

« Reply #324 on: February 19, 2008, 12:03:37 AM » by Andrew The Dragon Knight
This also tells me one VERY important thing. We need to start running drills for something like this again. We won't be caught as flat-footed if we run drills for:

Extradimensional invaders
Killer Haros
Standard Infiltration
Fire
Bomb Threats
and Floods.

Let me know what you think.

My current inventory is: One transforming katana, one flight suit, one Caster, various Caster shells, one gallant (including stock and barrel) and an optimistic attitude.
IP Logged

« Reply #325 on: February 19, 2008, 12:21:39 AM » by Sume Gai AGGF Master
This also tells me one VERY important thing. We need to start running drills for something like this again. We won't be caught as flat-footed if we run drills for:

Killer Haros

Standard Infiltration
Fire
Bomb Threats
and Floods.

you forgot:

Crazed Meltradi
Gas attacks
Gon Rampages

but for the life of me I don't how we could handle some of those drills

IP Logged

« Reply #326 on: February 19, 2008, 01:08:00 AM » by Andrew The Dragon Knight
« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 01:10:04 AM by Andrew »

Killer Haros

Standard Infiltration
Fire
Bomb Threats
and Floods.

you forgot:

Crazed Meltradi
Gas attacks
Gon Rampages

but for the life of me I don't how we could handle some of those drills

I knew I was forgetting something.

Also, dealing with the last is easy. You put your head between your knees and kiss your butt goodbye.

IP Logged

« Reply #327 on: February 19, 2008, 01:42:54 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
While we're on the subject of emergency preparations...

As the Bastard Aerogater From Hell is confirmed to still exist in some form, I hereby request that the next research project embarked upon be a zefield particle detector.

I'd like our next warning to be a nice, normal, civilized alert siren instead of waiting until we get to the Giant Centipede/HaroStar/Zonder/Devil Gundam stage to find out.

And if it turns out that Tyria's using zonder metal, machine cells, Zefield crystal, DG cells, or any similarly infectious and self-restoring tech in any other experiments ...
Well, we'll burn that bridge when we get there.

As far as drills go, I think a standard evacuation drill should cover most problems.
Run a few variants for different scenarios(total evac and retreat to a handful of preselected secure areas such as the armory).

I'm more concerned about supplies.  We don't seem to have a lot of well-stocked fallback points. I'd like to see some stand-alone computers and ration cases stocked in the armory and the repair bay. The main hanger is too hard to secure.
Central command is reasonably well-fortified, but it doesn't have the resources to be sustainable in a siege, or the space to be a viable evacuation point.

I'd also like to see emergency firearm cases installed in all major corridors. In the event of another crisis, it'd be nice to know that anyone  that wasn't carrying a piece when the excrement hit the air circulation unit isn't completely rectally violated. If you know what I mean.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #328 on: February 19, 2008, 09:53:10 AM » by Sakura77 Lost Newtype Child
Derek, the Bellzelute Brigandi is here. Also, the Garmraid and Cerberus have been upgraded in to Garmraid Blaze and Cerberus Ignite. Have I missed anything?

Things can always get worse...
IP Logged

« Reply #329 on: February 19, 2008, 07:47:27 PM » by Sume Gai AGGF Master
sim data for Garm Raid Blaze
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0JlqwOC7rA&feature=related

nothing for the Cerberus

thoug why we needed to upgrade machines we never used is beyond me

IP Logged

(Read 421736 times) 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 109
Jump to: