aggf part 2

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Gan Eden - General Discussion / Topic: AGGF part 2

Gon is calm
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

10947 Posts, 520 Topics, 759 Members, Latest Member: Wario-Man

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 375086 times) 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 109

Re: AGGF part 2
« Reply #570 on: March 10, 2008, 04:06:47 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
If I'm right, and there's really a 95% chance that I am, then they don't operate any further out than the moon anyway, so it's not like we'd be able to do anything to them until after this operation.
Good. We've got enough to worry about in the Jupiter mission already.

I'm told everyone's doing pretty good in the sims. Except Andrew, who's just introducing the world to his strange ability to metabolize any substance into raw carrots.

Actually, I talked to Nefaln in one of the sim runs, and he says we're some of the best and most adaptable pilots he's seen. And he doesn't give compliments lightly.

But I'd like to see everyone making Newton's third law their bitch by the time we start fighting.

That includes me, for the record. My space dogfight skills are  rusty, so I'm doing overtime in the sim too.
My biggest issue is that I'm not watching my reaction mass usage, and I keep running out. It's pretty embarrassing, really. I need to get back out of the constant thrust mindset.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #571 on: March 10, 2008, 08:14:33 AM » by Sakura77 Lost Newtype Child
Cpmmander, I would like for my newtype abilities to be checked since they have never been officially tested. I know that I am one but, I have no idea how powerful I am. If we can't do it until we get back to base that's okay.

Things can always get worse...
IP Logged

« Reply #572 on: March 10, 2008, 09:21:16 AM » by Sume Gai AGGF Master
Andrew; try these *throws a pack of pills to Andrew* They really worku

Sakura see Doc  Uzuki; he'll do the tests and give me a report

If you are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve  -Captain Harlock
IP Logged

« Reply #573 on: March 10, 2008, 09:23:20 AM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
Hey JayBee, let's have a few rounds. You need to get your space legs back, and I need to fight an actual opponent. I learn things a lot faster when someone's shooting at me.

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

« Reply #574 on: March 10, 2008, 10:54:26 AM » by Chaostic Dark, Light, Shadow, Time, Chaos, PIKE
hey did you guys  remember the rapid acceleration, deceleration training right...WHAT!  You forgot about it, *sigh* in space combat its the best way to capture units and the pilots alive.

Well good news I have a program for the sim don't worry, I'll set it to easy for you first timers. So It won't exceed the max speed of you mech I call it warm up mode. Once your used to the basics you can increase the intensity.

Oh! I almost forgot Do not turn by high 3 last person to try it quite literary fell in to pieces afterwards it was not pretty. There are 40 settings E(1-10) LM(11-20) UM(21-30) H(31-40)

Multiple System Organ Failure is common for those with weak constitution at E10 just a word to the wise. I myself passout at on anything higher then UM3 then again I been doing this training since the academe
IP Logged

« Reply #575 on: March 10, 2008, 11:11:45 AM » by Sakura77 Lost Newtype Child
Chaostic, I'll help you guys out after me and the Doc are done.

IP Logged

« Reply #576 on: March 10, 2008, 12:00:46 PM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
You guys and your calculations. Real men don't need such things.

Real men also override your theme music and dare you to do something about it.

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

« Reply #577 on: March 10, 2008, 02:12:36 PM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
Derek, I'll be glad to blow your ass out of the sky... I mean practice with you.

*grabs the Info High CD*

hey did you guys  remember the rapid acceleration, deceleration training right...WHAT!  You forgot about it, *sigh* in space combat its the best way to capture units and the pilots alive.
Chaostic, there's a reason no one but you had this training.
The best way to capture pilots in space is to invade their base. It's VERY easy to kill a pilot, regardless of if the damage is to the cockpit or power plant areas.
Explosive decompression is not fun. Nor is a life support system suddenly flooding your cabin with noxious fumes. Nor is a ruptured reaction mass tank leaving you locked in a straight-line trajectory through a combat zone.

There's no safe way to capture someone unless they eject. That's safe for you AND safe for them.

For the record, if your mech is damaged, I expect you to return to base as soon as possible. Don't even THINK of shrugging it off like a macho schmuck.
Come back to the fight in something without holes in it. We've got plenty of spare mechs, but pilots are hard to replace.

Well good news I have a program for the sim don't worry, I'll set it to easy for you first timers. So It won't exceed the max speed of you mech I call it warm up mode. Once your used to the basics you can increase the intensity.

Oh! I almost forgot Do not turn by high 3 last person to try it quite literary fell in to pieces afterwards it was not pretty. There are 40 settings E(1-10) LM(11-20) UM(21-30) H(31-40)

Multiple System Organ Failure is common for those with weak constitution at E10 just a word to the wise. I myself passout at on anything higher then UM3 then again I been doing this training since the academe
Great. So you're advocating whiplash and organ damage as a way to capture your opponent? That's TWO reasons no one else had this training.
I've done that before, in moments of desperation(keyword: limiter release). It's NOT a good idea. In fact, it's a monumentally stupid one, unless there's no other options.

I think I'll be leaving the limiter ON, thank you very much.
And I may be attending your sim training from now on, to keep you from picking up any more terminally bad ideas.

Don't accelerate more than you have to. It just wastes reaction mass and makes it harder to change directions.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #578 on: March 10, 2008, 04:10:51 PM » by Chaostic Dark, Light, Shadow, Time, Chaos, PIKE
Derek, I'll be glad to blow your ass out of the sky... I mean practice with you.

*grabs the Info High CD*

Chaostic, there's a reason no one but you had this training.
The best way to capture pilots in space is to invade their base. It's VERY easy to kill a pilot, regardless of if the damage is to the cockpit or power plant areas.
Explosive decompression is not fun. Nor is a life support system suddenly flooding your cabin with noxious fumes. Nor is a ruptured reaction mass tank leaving you locked in a straight-line trajectory through a combat zone.

There's no safe way to capture someone unless they eject. That's safe for you AND safe for them.

For the record, if your mech is damaged, I expect you to return to base as soon as possible. Don't even THINK of shrugging it off like a macho schmuck.
Come back to the fight in something without holes in it. We've got plenty of spare mechs, but pilots are hard to replace.

Great. So you're advocating whiplash and organ damage as a way to capture your opponent? That's TWO reasons no one else had this training.
I've done that before, in moments of desperation(keyword: limiter release). It's NOT a good idea. In fact, it's a monumentally stupid one, unless there's no other options.

I think I'll be leaving the limiter ON, thank you very much.
And I may be attending your sim training from now on, to keep you from picking up any more terminally bad ideas.

Don't accelerate more than you have to. It just wastes reaction mass and makes it harder to change directions.

don't worry I don't think that theres anything higher then E3, E6 at the very highest but its highly unlikely E1 is comparable to astronaut training. That reminds me we're missing a program for combat during atmospheric reentry

ok now that thats out of the way I'm going to talk to Tyira about  the ∞ Justice upgrade if we can get the approval for it that is
IP Logged

« Reply #579 on: March 10, 2008, 04:13:16 PM » by Andrew The Dragon Knight
The pills are helping, but I still feel nauseous. I can handle the training now, though.

My current inventory is: One transforming katana, one flight suit, one Caster, various Caster shells, one gallant (including stock and barrel) and an optimistic attitude.
IP Logged

« Reply #580 on: March 10, 2008, 04:25:30 PM » by Sakura77 Lost Newtype Child
Andrew one way of getting adjusted to piloting in space is to keep doing it until your body is used to the feeling. Chaostic, do you need any help with anything since Doc said I was done and the commander will tell me later on my newtype abilities.

IP Logged

« Reply #581 on: March 10, 2008, 05:48:35 PM » by Chaostic Dark, Light, Shadow, Time, Chaos, PIKE
Andrew one way of getting adjusted to piloting in space is to keep doing it until your body is used to the feeling. Chaostic, do you need any help with anything since Doc said I was done and the commander will tell me later on my newtype abilities.
yeah lets go to the hanger we need to finish you pilot profile for the Medius Locus from what I can tell the AI controls the mechs evolution according to the data Its form should have been 50 Meters in height but its 39.7 Meters its kinda... puzzling but our profile data being half complete it the time may be part of it the only data I have to that of the Medius Locus that Albero Est was the pilot of.

You should go and put on you DFC suit first I'll make the preparations.
IP Logged

« Reply #582 on: March 10, 2008, 09:03:36 PM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
You know, JayBee, I'm really glad I have 'Scythe. The 'Scythe Hell upgrade was designed with these conditions in mind, which ends up seriously taking the edge off a lot of the potential problems of space combat. A few more matches like this, and I might get good enough to actually *HIT* you.

IP Logged

« Reply #583 on: March 10, 2008, 11:50:44 PM » by Dsvaun
Owww....

Well, Doc says I'm fine except for the loud ringing.  He said that would clearup in a few days.  I might be a bit rusty on 0G combat, but the doc said not to do anything that may screw up my balance so I'll be out of practice for a day or two.  In the worst case, I'll learn as I go up there.  I'm not completely new to space and Nu was built  for this enviornment.

By the way Derek, I think you're right.  She seems like she would prefer to twist your neck off herself than plant a car bomb (or a mech bomb, you know what I mean).  Still, I don't think it would be too much of a strech to figure that we might have gone after their gate program eventually.  However, if you know who it was, make sure to tell us when it becomes a factor.

On another note, any machines that are highjacked from this point on should be checked by their pilots.  Sorry about this, but theres this thing i like to do thats very usefull called hearing.
IP Logged

« Reply #584 on: March 11, 2008, 12:32:39 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
You know, JayBee, I'm really glad I have 'Scythe. The 'Scythe Hell upgrade was designed with these conditions in mind, which ends up seriously taking the edge off a lot of the potential problems of space combat. A few more matches like this, and I might get good enough to actually *HIT* you.
Yeah. Hell's a LOT better than the original would've been.
But you're still using a close-combat mech that's optimized for terrestrial combat against a space superiority fighter laden with missiles, lasers, and bullets.
I can hit you from further away, I have bigger thrusters, more verniers, and more delta vee. In space, the Omega One simply outclasses the Hell in every meaningful performance measurement.
Only way you're gonna hit me is if I don't see you coming.
Which isn't outside the realm of possibility. The Hell has a SWEET cloak.

But all things considered, you put up a damn good fight.

I don't suppose the Tallgeese's orbital boosters are compatible with the Deathscythe Hell?
Not that we have any, but it'd make for a more even battle.

Chaostic, We don't have an atmospheric re-entry combat program because there's only one rule for re-entry combat: don't do it.

It's simply not possible except for the most exotic mecha, and it those select few that CAN do it will be destroyed in the process.

Most of our mechs can't survive re-entry under ANY circumstances, so we'll be hangered out of necessity for the ride home.

Now quit worrying about exotic situations, and focus on real-world problems like how to blow up an army of space-optimized combat mecha.
If you have time to worry about capture stunts and re-entry combat, you have time to start working sims of our target.
*flips a disk through the air*

If you get bored and start wanting to try stunts again, the Reguld has a well-known weak point between it's legs. Shoot it, and the Reguld is disabled save life support and some erratic thruster activity. But it's a small target, and Reguld pilots aren't in the habit of holding still while you try to blow their ass off.
Disabling Regulds while under heavy fire is a stunt, but it's one that hones your combat skills.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

(Read 375086 times) 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 109
Jump to: