aggf part 2

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Gan Eden - General Discussion / Topic: AGGF part 2

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

11026 Posts, 541 Topics, 767 Members, Latest Member: metalmight

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 421355 times) 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 109

Re: AGGF part 2
« Reply #585 on: March 11, 2008, 12:39:10 AM » by Sume Gai AGGF Master
Sakura I got the report turns out you are a class 1(recently awakened)

you may not notice it much but you do have the gift and it should grow in time

Tyria, you have permission to work on the Infinite Justice and when you're done get the meteors out from storage and make sure they're working

If you are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve  -Captain Harlock
IP Logged

« Reply #586 on: March 11, 2008, 12:40:25 AM » by Dsvaun
Re-entry combat is risky, even stupid, but you can't say it's never been done.  Amuro pulled it off during the One-Year War.
IP Logged

« Reply #587 on: March 11, 2008, 01:02:04 AM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
He didn't actually do any combat during that little event. If I remember, all he really did was hide behind his shield and pray to his instruction manual that he didn't die horribly.

Wing Zero and Shenlong engaged in a nice little re-entry battle, but Wing Z was pretty messed up afterwards, and I don't think Nataku was doing too much better overall.

Those are about the only two examples that I can think of, and neither one really lend any credibility to the concept of re-entry fighting being a smart idea. Now, no one in the world is aruging about how incredibly badass it is to be able to pull off fighting under such circumstances, but it's by no means smart.

Oh, and thanks for the idea, JayBee. I'd been making a point of not using the cloak while I got used to the movements, but I think giving that a shot may be in order.

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

« Reply #588 on: March 11, 2008, 01:03:12 AM » by Sume Gai AGGF Master
and don't forget the Jaburo descent operation in the Gryps conflict

our Exia, Virtue, Dynames and Kyrios all have the abilitty to reenter independently

reentry combat IS stupid, but it can be done if it comes down to it I'm sure I can take care of it (I've done it once and never want to again) so don't bother training for Re-entry combat

IP Logged

« Reply #589 on: March 11, 2008, 01:18:01 AM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
I look at re-entry combat as a last resort scenario. If you're doing it, you better have a damn good reason for it and not completely expect to walk away when it's all said and done. And you better have some badass music playing as you do it, too. Hence why Falling Down is still my theme. If I ever get into a fight with someone during freefall, I want to be prepared for it, goddammit.

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

« Reply #590 on: March 11, 2008, 01:52:00 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
Re-entry combat is risky, even stupid, but you can't say it's never been done.  
I didn't say it's never been done.
In fact, I considered citing the Wing Zero Custom battle as an example of the exception. The Wing boys drove some pretty sturdy mechs.

The YF-21 did it in reverse(dogfight from surface to orbit). The plane had to be rebuilt from the ground up afterwards(officially, it was completely totaled) and the pilot didn't survive.

The YF-19 did a re-entry under heavy fire. But it was more along the lines of cross your fingers and pray than an actual fight.

Sume Gai: The YF-21 is also capable of re-entry. So's the SDP-1, if the pilot ejects the FAST packs. The Hawks' VF-19s are too.
It's been a design feature of the VF series since the original Valkyrie.

None of them are going to survive a re-entry dogfight, though. Once they lose their optimal approach, they're probably gonna burn up, though the Omega One and Excaliburs will last longer than the Stampede.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #591 on: March 11, 2008, 10:14:54 AM » by Tyria Mad Scientist, Division of Aberration Creation
All right, I'll get to work with the Meteors.

Actually, I have some containers here with most upgrade parts to Inf. Justice, but I doubt there is going to be any time to work on them.
IP Logged

« Reply #592 on: March 11, 2008, 11:01:18 AM » by Chaostic Dark, Light, Shadow, Time, Chaos, PIKE
so Tyria are we going to keep the ultracompact nuclear fission reactor or are we going to use a hyper deuterion nuclear reactor
IP Logged

« Reply #593 on: March 11, 2008, 11:46:24 AM » by Tyria Mad Scientist, Division of Aberration Creation
Hmn...what were the advantages of the hyper deuterion nuclear reactor again? Just woke up from my nap inside the Meteor's anti-ship beam saber emiter I was tunning.
IP Logged

« Reply #594 on: March 11, 2008, 12:30:08 PM » by Sume Gai AGGF Master
alright all get in your places we're heading out in 30 minutes

Jaybee you'll take command on the Duragreiz I'll be here.

IP Logged

« Reply #595 on: March 11, 2008, 02:19:04 PM » by Chaostic Dark, Light, Shadow, Time, Chaos, PIKE
Hmn...what were the advantages of the hyper deuterion nuclear reactor again? Just woke up from my nap inside the Meteor's anti-ship beam saber emiter I was tunning.

well lets see it's combination of a nuclear fission reactor with a deuterion beam system. This two generators complement each other and thus in theory never power down. The deuterion system functions like a battery which stores the power coming from the nuclear fission reactor and then converts it into electricity. hyper-deuterion reactors are more powerful and efficient than conventional fission reactors, but require a hyper capacitor battery and recharging, which effectively makes it having a shorter operation time then the nuclear fission reactor.

thats about all I know about them but, I'm no physicist and atomic power is outside my of expertise.
IP Logged

« Reply #596 on: March 11, 2008, 03:09:47 PM » by Tyria Mad Scientist, Division of Aberration Creation
Let's use default equipament for now.

When we have more time, we can try messing around.
IP Logged

« Reply #597 on: March 11, 2008, 03:56:00 PM » by Sume Gai AGGF Master
We're in space how is everyone doing

with luck we'll reach the moon by friday.

by the way Tyria; the infinite Justice has a Deuterion reactor as standard equipment.

Jaybee report in on the Duragriez's status as soon as you can

IP Logged

« Reply #598 on: March 11, 2008, 04:04:02 PM » by Tyria Mad Scientist, Division of Aberration Creation
Yeah, but not Justice if I remember right...
That means it's going to wait untill I upgrade it.
IP Logged

« Reply #599 on: March 11, 2008, 04:13:19 PM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
Been awhile since I was in space. Never been up here with a battleship, before.

Hey Commander, I got a question. Think it'd be possible to do live space manuver drills, now that we're up here? Some of the more experienced pilots could lifeguard, in case something went wrong and someone spun out into an asteroid or something. Assuming it wouldn't slow us down any, it'd probably help get us more acclimated to this.

IP Logged

(Read 421355 times) 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 109
Jump to: