aggf part 2

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Gan Eden - General Discussion / Topic: AGGF part 2

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

11026 Posts, 541 Topics, 767 Members, Latest Member: metalmight

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 421885 times) 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 109

Re: AGGF part 2
« Reply #690 on: March 21, 2008, 11:09:44 PM » by ChrisABlair
Roger, Commander.

Sweetdiculous!
IP Logged

« Reply #691 on: March 22, 2008, 03:17:00 PM » by Sume Gai AGGF Master
I've finished double checking the fold calculations

and we'll be ready for the fold tomorrow...

I plan to defold a day away from  the jupiter base(for stealth reasons)

If you are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve  -Captain Harlock
IP Logged

« Reply #692 on: March 23, 2008, 01:43:44 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
Okay...
I'm gonna do one last run and make sure everyone's clocks are synchronized.
Especially the Focker's.

We attack tuesday, then?

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #693 on: March 23, 2008, 11:21:34 AM » by ChrisABlair
Just got back in from excercises with the Type 3. Everything seems to be running smoothly. The Colossal Blade had a hiccup in the formation sequence; is there anyway we can speed it up?

Sweetdiculous!
IP Logged

« Reply #694 on: March 24, 2008, 12:06:34 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
Oh, I just remembered...
Anyone who's not familiar with fold travel, please familiarize yourself with the digestive upset receptacle locations.
"The what?"
Barf bags.

The physics in fold space aren't EXACTLY the same as in normal space. While ultimately harmless, the differences have been known to upset people's stomachs quite severely when they weren't expecting them.
Especially for such a short jump. We'll be in fold space for a few seconds at most, so we'll be dropping in and out pretty fast. Even some seasoned veterans are left disoriented after a bounce like that.

I'll spare you the details of the physics, because it won't really matter for the kind of mileage we're getting.
Besides, you probably don't really care.

But you might need to reset your watches when we get home, if you care that they're less than a minute slow.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #695 on: March 24, 2008, 09:28:24 AM » by Sume Gai AGGF Master
« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 10:20:45 AM by Sume Gai »
sorry I haven't been in much contact (OoC computer troubles, again)

so how is everyone feeling here in Jupiter orbit?

Jaybee I'd like you to brief us on the enemy strength and number (just in case it changed) and if you have any tactical suggestions feel free to add them

IP Logged

« Reply #696 on: March 24, 2008, 10:53:30 AM » by ChrisABlair
Ah, Fold travel... reminds me of my days as a test pilot. It's good to be back in action.

Sweetdiculous!
IP Logged

« Reply #697 on: March 24, 2008, 11:47:22 AM » by Sakura77 Lost Newtype Child
What's the plan for the operation?

Things can always get worse...
IP Logged

« Reply #698 on: March 24, 2008, 12:07:43 PM » by Tyria Mad Scientist, Division of Aberration Creation
I'm fine...had worse than that on my DC times.
IP Logged

« Reply #699 on: March 24, 2008, 05:15:09 PM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
If anyone needs me, I'll be busy fixing the internal clocks on 'Scythe, Alex, and Bellze. Fortunately for me, Val's in enough of a shutdown condition that it's clock is disabled anyway, and 'Vaun probably won't be getting back around to checking it out until after we're already back in the Earth Sphere.

I've got my visor with me, so go ahead and start the briefing. I'll just listen through the audio.

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

« Reply #700 on: March 24, 2008, 10:23:13 PM » by Sume Gai AGGF Master
« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 10:25:14 PM by Sume Gai »
seeing as Jaybee isn't going to brief us I'll give you an outline of my plan

here are the files I've assembled for the mission,

Stage 1:
first we'll split up into three groups (one for each ship)

the Focker and Duragreiz will move into intercept positions to the left and right (respectively) while the Metatron moves above and past the base (hopefully unnoticed) coming into a position behind it

Stage 2:
Jaybee you and Shara are going to be loaded with reaction warheads for a first strike (again hopefully we can use stealth here)

if the stealthy first strike is unsuccessful/impossible we'll move onto stage 3

Stage 3:
the Metatron will move into range and fire it's Lohengrins as a distraction while the Duragreiz and Focker launch fake Asteroids and mechs in teams (the teams are up to the individual commanders  (Derek on the Duragreiz, Jaybee on the Focker and myself on the Metatron)  from that point on you have permission to use whatever methods are necessary.

Big Zam Kais:
the BZK is heavily armed and armored but has a critical weak point located in the center of the underside (where several PS plates meet); this point is usually unreachable because the BZK is on the ground however in space it's a whole new ball game.  The mass of a BZK gives it a naturally high momentum (meaning it's very difficult to accelerate in space) making it's weak spot easier to hit. take full advantage of your mobility

Za Powa:
this is a rumored energy source located on jupiter little is know however Dr. Shishio suggests that it may respond to human courage (other info is unknown/unconfirmed)

also note anyone piloting a GN drive unit I have enabled Trams-Am mode but use it wisely.

IP Logged

« Reply #701 on: March 24, 2008, 11:09:42 PM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
I was waiting for results from our recon probe to come back.
Make sure nothing's changed

Enemy strength seems to be about what the UNS recon mission saw.

There's a new model peppered amidst their forces now, though.
GN-X.
You were right, chief. They've been making GN drives.
Sensors will be of limited use. Targeting should be restricted to image tracking only.

The reinforcements we're expecting haven't shown up.
They may be in hiding.
Or even still en route. After all, we folded here. If they're using conventional drives, they won't be here for weeks.

But I wouldn't count on it. Be ready for more enemies to show up at any moment.
Hell, let's assume the worst-case scenario. Expect defold signatures during combat. If anyone would strap fold boosters to a mobile suit, it'd be Char. And I think he can pull off dropping an elite team into the middle of a raging dogfight, too.

Of course, this is an unknown quantity.
Char has standards, so we may be on the same side.
They say the enemy of my enemy is my ally.
Until we find out who's in charge of this operation here, it's gonna be hard to guess what happens.

There is one thing that bothers me...
*brings up a scout probe sensor feed*
Everyone is already deployed, and on full alert. The hangers seem to be empty, and sensors are on full. So much for the surprise attack.
It's like they know we're here already. But they aren't they coming for... us?
*squints at a point near the station, then magnifies a grid location*
No... they don't know we're here. They just want to make sure nothing interferes... shit!

*takes a deep breath*

EVERYONE SCRAMBLE! NOW! THE SHUTTLE'S ALREADY HEADED FOR JUPITER!

*runs for the door*

Ignore all hostiles you can! That shuttle has four Big Zam Kais, and there's bays for a dozen mobile suits. I'm assuming GN-drive units. Probably advanced prototypes or high-end conventional units that've been retrofit to use GN drives.
If they harness The Power, it's over. The shuttle is the ONLY target that matters! We'll worry about everyone else later!

*leaps in the YF-21, launches*

Hawks, Shara, you're with me. Spearhead formation, I'm point. Full throttle and to hell with the reaction mass. Break off when we get in range of the shuttle. I don't want you caught when me and Shara go thermonuclear on their ass. Mike, fire all guns. Plow the road for us.
*a dozen rogers echo back, as the launching VFs drop into formation and weapons fire cuts loose from the Focker*
Dammit, why couldn't we borrow a New Macross?
"Believe me, if there was one free, we'd have brought it. We'll just have to hope the Focker lives up to it's name. CAROL! THE JOLLY ROGER!"

*grins in spite of himself as the classic skull and crossbones is projected out into space*

Well, with that on our side, we can't possibly lose.
Who in the brass approved that piece of hardware, anyways?
*the spearhead opens fire on a group of Regulds*
Contact!

"Hell if I know who approved it. Gunners! Point 37-Delta! "

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #702 on: March 24, 2008, 11:44:44 PM » by Sume Gai AGGF Master
Damn

Sume Gai, 008X, TAKE OFF!!
*launches*

Tyria; ready the meteors. you and Jolty, follow as soon as you can

Cybuster, R-1 come as well.

*docks with the gunner frame*

Sakura, Everyone else, stay here; they won't be happy to know we're around

Jaybee, keep the corridor open I'll use the Black Hole Buster

IP Logged

« Reply #703 on: March 24, 2008, 11:52:16 PM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
Well, this looks pleasant. Time to get the party started, then.

Gundam Deathscythe, launching. I'll see about keeping some of the other creeps off your backs until you're done with the shuttle.

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

« Reply #704 on: March 25, 2008, 12:17:57 AM » by Dsvaun
Perfect timing as always. right guys?

Nu Gundam HWS launching!
IP Logged

(Read 421885 times) 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 109
Jump to: