aggf part 2

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Gan Eden - General Discussion / Topic: AGGF part 2

Gon is calm
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

10947 Posts, 520 Topics, 759 Members, Latest Member: Wario-Man

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 374752 times) 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 109

Re: AGGF part 2
« Reply #795 on: March 27, 2008, 02:39:04 PM » by Sume Gai AGGF Master
if you two are done arguing can we get down to business

the situation is grave, my friends;

The Titans have abandoned the colonies and gathered thier forces in a undisclosed position on earth. (some UCC remnants have come out of hiding and taken up post at L3 and L2)

Aerogator mechs are appearing everywhere in great numbers, word is several smaller bases have fallen already.

The rest of the EF is running around trying to cover their asses; it looks like Laker is the only commander keeping a cool head out there.

The Hagane and Hiryu Kai are currently on a rendezvous course; the Shirogane ihas been repaired but is under Titan jurisdiction.

If you are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve  -Captain Harlock
IP Logged

« Reply #796 on: March 27, 2008, 02:52:59 PM » by Sakura77 Lost Newtype Child
What's the plan sir?

Things can always get worse...
IP Logged

« Reply #797 on: March 27, 2008, 03:02:16 PM » by Sume Gai AGGF Master
What's the plan sir?

right now Mao Industries is our target.

Operator: Sir; I've got something on radar.

What is it?

Operator: Bugs and Spiders, :Lots of them.

we don't have time to stop and fight right now...

Everyone go on ahead I'll hold them back.

READY THE DX!!

and Operator, send this message to Delta-Alpha-3-5, Priority one.

Operator: roger.

listen, don't worry about me as long as we're this close to the moon, I'll be fine.

If you are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve  -Captain Harlock
IP Logged

« Reply #798 on: March 27, 2008, 03:26:53 PM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 03:32:31 PM by Derek »
Feh. So much for giving us thirty days to surrender. It's a shame this Levi Tolar's such a bitch. She sounded like a cutie.

Oh well, at least we're used to the prospect of beautiful women trying to kill us, eh JayBee?

...I still don't like the thought of leaving the chief behind like that. Hey Bright, what kind of range does Dura here have with the partical cannons?

"Decent enough to reach the area where Commander Gai is for a few more minutes, but I doubt we'd hit anything without a miracle. Why?"

Think we can lay out a covering fire for him?

"We'd have time for one shot, at most. After that, we're out of range."

Good enough. Go ahead with it.

"Alright. Target a spot a little ways off from the Commander, and fire!"

I love watching that. Did we hit anything?

"We hit one Bug, believe it or not. The rest of them dodged out of the way."

Good. One less than the boss has to worry about.

"Here's hoping we didn't just stir up a hornet's nest with that shot, though."

Here's hoping.

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

« Reply #799 on: March 27, 2008, 05:39:27 PM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
Son of a...
*Jaybee runs towards the hanger, stops, turns back, looks towards the hanger again*

Dammit, we're already too far for me to get there . But I can't just sit here!
At least bugs are fragile.

*the simulator doors open and Shara and Nifaln come out*
Ah, perfect timing... I needed to ask you something.
You've been in the sims this whole time?

Shara: Nifaln requested I assist him with practice.
Nifaln: I always wondered how I'd fare against a meltrandi ace...

And how did that go?

Nifaln: Well, I've learned my old Nousjadeul is the same class as a Queadluun Rau in writing only. There's a world of difference in performance.

Shara: That was the first twelve minutes. What did you learn after that?

*Nifaln hangs his head. His face looks like it's normal cyan color might be shifting towards purple, as if he was blushing*
Nifaln: Well, we also learned that I can't beat her if we both fly QRaus. Or if we both flu Nousjadeuls. Or if we both fly Gnerls. Or Regulds. Or Sturmvogels. Or VF-1s. Or Tauruses. Or...

*Jaybee smiles, then chuckles*
I get the picture. Cheer up, you'll get her after practicing some more. Trust me.

Shara: If he's lucky. I've only been defeated once in combat.

Once, Shara?
*Jaybee raises an eyebrow inquisitively. This time it's the female warrior's turn to blush*

Shara: Yes, well... *ahem* Did you need to talk to us?

Yes, actually. I needed to find something out about zentradi history.

Shara: We're warriors, not archivists.
Nifaln: That's a bit blunt, but she's right. You'd be better off calling Exedol.

Yes, well, the Sol relays for the Galaxy Network are down right now. So I'm stuck with you two, since you're the only first-gen zentradi I know.
Have your people ever fought a race called the Balmar?

*Shara laughs nervously*
Shara: I recognize the name.
Nifaln: Yeah... it's not real history. More like the zentradi equivalent of a ghost story.
Shara: Legend has it that long ago a zentradi scout fleet stumbled across a large unarmed battleship. It demanded they surrender. The zentradi responded with force, as is our way.
Nifaln: Yeah. And the Balmar ship responded with equal force.
Shara: The scout fleet called for reinforcements. More ships came, and the Balmar vessel escalated accordingly. With every increase in zentradi forces, the Balmar put more and more power on the field, never once calling for help. Eventually, the scout fleet's main fleet was called to put a decisive end to things.
Nifaln: And the Balmar vessel destroyed every last vessel. Not one zentradi survived. Their ghosts still roam space, seeking out cloning chambers so they can be reborn and resume the battle.

*Jaybee rubs his forehead*
They destroyed an entire fleet? That's... I can't even imagine it.

Shara: It's not real.  Just the zentradi version of the boogieman, told to fresh clones to scare them a little. Why are you asking us about a silly ghost story, anyways?

*Jaybee gestures towards the window*
Because your "boogieman" defolded in the Sol system a couple hours ago.

I was really hoping for something a tad more uplifting than "They killed an entire fleet.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #800 on: March 27, 2008, 06:10:21 PM » by Tyria Mad Scientist, Division of Aberration Creation
Hmn...Mao Industries...

Look people, last time I met my DC friends on the Moon, they said me my old commander, Captain Kalia has built a small storage/research base on a crater, they said some neat stuff researched by Bian himself is half done lying there. I wonder if we may be able to make contact and see to some of the stuff. If I remember well, there was even a project I was working before, integrating Earogater tech to a Guarlion and some prototype prana technology we were preparing to mass produce.
IP Logged

« Reply #801 on: March 27, 2008, 06:16:22 PM » by Andrew The Dragon Knight
Do you think the people at Mao would know anything about Ether-Amplifing technology? I want to be able to use my Ether abilities to help fight.

My current inventory is: One transforming katana, one flight suit, one Caster, various Caster shells, one gallant (including stock and barrel) and an optimistic attitude.
IP Logged

« Reply #802 on: March 27, 2008, 06:18:44 PM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
Hey, JayBee. I just thought of something.

You ever notice how, since about the end of Space War 1, humanity's history has been a pretty big long list of extremely bloody conflicts with both ourselves and other outside forces?

I think I figured out why.

Let's think about it realistically for a second. Human kind, or rather, in all honesty, one damned lucky ship's crew, both military and civilian, managed to survive against and constantly cheat death at the hands of the Zentradi, a race of beings with a history of warfare longer than some stars have been in existance. They lasted an entire year out in space with no support or anything, then managed to, with the rest of Spacey's help at the final battle, pretty much defeat the Zentradi space fleet and effectively break their military force into scattered pieces that, for the most part, are never going to really recover.

The human race, who had barely even stepped out into the ocean of stars beyond our own planet, beat the hell out of a warrior race that had been experts in warfare before Earth even existed.

I don't know about you, but if I was a member of some alien race watching the intergalactic news and I heard about that, I'd get interested. Maybe even interested enough to want to check things out for myself.

That may be why we keep having to deal with these clowns. Guys like the Aerogaters might see us as a potential threat to be stomped out, sure, but they probably also see us as a challenge. We're it, we're the top spot, we're the big bad mothers that you need to step up to and slap around if you want to be considered the best. People keep trying to kill us simply because we have this habit of beating the hell out of anyone who tries.

Maybe that's what old man Zoldark really was trying to teach us. Humans can fight each other, sure. But we get our best hits in when they're aimed at jackasses who think they can walk in here and take over for themselves.

At least, that's what it seems to me. What do you think?

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

« Reply #803 on: March 27, 2008, 06:38:37 PM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
Interesting theory.

I wish these aliens would do their research, realize we got damn lucky, and leave us alone. We had inside information from zentradi defectors, accidentally discovered a powerful barrier technology, and it was absurdly implausable that the Grand Cannon survived the initial bombardment. Without any of those, Space War 1 would've ended like every other Zentradi encounter with culture: complete extermination.

And it's also a common misconception that the zentradi are  a non-threat.
We shattered ONE fleet. There's thousands of similar fleets out there in space, and the escapees from the Bodol fleet rejoined those fleets instead of wandering through space like nomads.
There's some reports that the Macross 7 expedition may've run into another one of those "megafleets." But they seem to be highly exaggerated, if not outright fabrications.

(Out of character: Mac7 "lost" episode: Fleet of the Strongest Women. The world would be a better place if it'd never made it out of the cutting room instead of shipped in as a DVD extra.)

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #804 on: March 27, 2008, 06:49:17 PM » by Tyria Mad Scientist, Division of Aberration Creation
Yeah...who knows, maybe the next aliens that will attack us will come to thin out mankind because by their opinion we are the most dangerous beigns in the universe. Maybe they will also be called Vorsok.

Nah...what are the chances?
IP Logged

« Reply #805 on: March 27, 2008, 06:59:09 PM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
Getting c
Yeah...who knows, maybe the next aliens that will attack us will come to thin out mankind because by their opinion we are the most dangerous beigns in the universe. Maybe they will also be called Vorsok.

Nah...what are the chances?

Getting closer and closer to one, with every passing battle that humanity wins.

Like I said, I think the biggest reason people pay attention to us IS the fact that we're lucky bastards who just refuse to die, no matter what gets thrown at us. Space fleets, asteroids, colony drops, the Brady Bunch Reunion. Humans have survived countless disasters caused both by ourselves and others, and we continue to do so even to this day. Hell, it wouldn't surprise me if someone out there was watching all this just to see what it'd take to finally kill us off.

But I know one thing, whatever finally wipes out mankind, it isn't gonna be a bunch of mechanical cockroaches and some stuck up broad who only gives out ultimatums just to say she did. Next bunch of Aerogater bastards that come our way is getting the Shinigami treatment.

.....I suppose I can probably expect the next bunch of Aerogater bastards to show up any time now, and when they do, something's gonna be wrong with 'Scythe, huh?

IP Logged

« Reply #806 on: March 27, 2008, 07:06:49 PM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
Don't worry, I'll give 'em hell for ya if the 'Scythe won't run.
I need an excuse to take Blitz out again.
Or you could borrow the Blitz.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #807 on: March 27, 2008, 07:08:08 PM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
Nah, I'd grab Shining. Or maybe Alex.

....Hey guys, how awesome do you think Alex would be if it had the Shishio?

IP Logged

« Reply #808 on: March 27, 2008, 07:16:12 PM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
More awesome than if it had a wooden sword, but less awesome than if it had a Grungust 3 blade?

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #809 on: March 27, 2008, 07:22:40 PM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
One of these days, I'm going to end up using something that wields a Zankantou. When I do, you will all know it.

I mean, c'mon. Excellen already did the joke with a Shishio. Even if I wanted to do the same, it'd just be stealing it.

Anyway, I'll probably leave the sword on Shining for now. It's actually harder to use than it looks, and I'd rather have full dexterity at my disposal when I wield something like that.

Anyway, can anyone see how the Commander's doing back there, or how close we are to Mao? I feel as lost as Masaki up here.

IP Logged

(Read 374752 times) 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 109
Jump to: