aggf part 2

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Gan Eden - General Discussion / Topic: AGGF part 2

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

11043 Posts, 545 Topics, 780 Members, Latest Member: jnmoors01

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 442070 times) 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 109

Re: AGGF part 2
« Reply #900 on: March 31, 2008, 09:57:49 PM » by Ianator is Gaius Baltar.
Ah, ZA POWAH! That explains why I felt so alive last week. Seems JayBee's got quite the knack for running into celebrities as well. The headaches have stopped for the most part, and I'm sure they won't pop up during battle. Oh, sorry to disappoint you, Miss Talis, but I don't actually have complete ownership of anything we have here. Not even the Strike.

Now that I think about it, I've been in the market for a personal mech for quite a while now, and my paychecks have been building up as well. Do you sell as well?

Who is Gaius Baltar? HE'S THE FRAKKIN' PRESIDENT!
IP Logged

« Reply #901 on: March 31, 2008, 10:35:24 PM » by Chaostic Dark, Light, Shadow, Time, Chaos, PIKE
Commander Gai theres a a funny looking guy here to see you. He says he needs "you" to sign off on a delivery it seems to be two creates but, there too small to be MS.

I ran some scans on the creates. It seems that one of the create is releasing trace amounts of GN particles and the letters GF are on the other create.

Oh hi Ianator when did you get back
IP Logged

« Reply #902 on: March 31, 2008, 11:34:52 PM » by Sume Gai AGGF Master
well lets see

*signs and thanks the delivery man*

I don't have time to open them, Chaostic you do it.

If you are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve  -Captain Harlock
IP Logged

« Reply #903 on: March 31, 2008, 11:50:54 PM » by Ianator is Gaius Baltar.
I got back just a few hours ago, actually. I'm quite anxious to see what's in the "GF" crate.

IP Logged

« Reply #904 on: April 01, 2008, 12:47:14 AM » by Chaostic Dark, Light, Shadow, Time, Chaos, PIKE
Sure thing Ianator give me a hand here...  Ready...1... 2... 3  Now!

*create 1 opened*

Hmmm its a modified  RMS-009 G-Falcon lets see whats in the other one... GN Arms the two of these should come in handy
IP Logged

« Reply #905 on: April 01, 2008, 01:51:52 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
*Masaki wanders by Jaybee*
"Hey! You see this face? You owe me!"

Oh for... it was an accident. How was I to know Millia was gonna blow her top too?
Look, I'm headed to the bar later tonight anyways. I'm gonna have a few for some old friends. The night's on me, alright?
"It's a start..."
Good. Let's get moving.

"So... there's a bit of commotion around lately... you seem to have a history, so I figured you'd be the guy to ask, setting aside a certain simulator incident. Who's the cyborg in the brig?"

Ah, right. You've been off battling evil in another dimension.
"Somethin' like that, yeah."

Well, Edmund Rodriguez used to be a major overtechnology researcher. His crowning glory was deciphering the fold generator. He's probably the only person alive in the galaxy that understands how it actually works well enough to redesign it. The fold booster from Project Supernova was designed pretty much solely by him.

"I see... Obviously, he's not very popular anymore, so I guess the story doesn't end there."

Right. There was an accident during one of the fold booster tests. He got messed up pretty badly, hence the cyborg body.
Turns out his mind got messed up worse.
He was always a bit obsessive about the Protoculture. Seemed like he wanted to know everything he could about them. After the accident, it took over. He thinks he IS Protoculture now. Or some reincarnation of, heir to, et cetera. The point is that he's sure ruling the galaxy is his right, and everyone else is pawns for his amusement.

"This is all very interesting, but can we fast-forward to the part where he starts doing bad things?"

I'm getting there.
First off, you have to know that he kept developing overtechnology after he went coocoo for Cocoa Puffs. He didn't SHARE with anyone, but he's made some incredible advances from all appearances. The one he's best known for is... well, WAS his personal fold generator. He managed to miniaturize a fold generator down to the size of a grapefruit, then integrated it into his cyborg body. It's part of why he's been impossible to catch, since he could fold himself away at any moment.

Anyways, his criminal career started big. He slapped a fold generator on an asteroid and did a colony drop au natural on the frontier world of Savara.  He killed most of the four million people living there, and rendered the planet uninhabitable. As my home world, I take the issue a little personally.
"Oh..."
Apparently, this was all because there were indications of protoculture ruins on the planet. He just wanted to deny them to us. We didn't find that out until later, though.

He became a thorn in the galaxy's side for a while, as any madman with teleportation abilities would. Mostly relatively minor crimes.
Robbery, furnishing weapons to militia groups, that sort of thing. Turned out he had plans beyond being a nuisance.
He came back big after building up a small fleet with the cash he'd made. He took the fleet to Gryphon, and started blasting the place from orbit. It wasn't anything like the zentradi rain of death. He only had about fifty ships. But for a fledgling colony with minimal defenses, it didn't have to be big. In this case, he just wanted to wipe out a small research facility on the planet, and figured it was just easier to blast all 3 cities into rubble than figure out where his target was.

From there it's been one scheme after another. He viewed those trying to capture him as amusements.
He actually  took a great deal of pleasure in making his various schemes double as traps for his pursuers.

The recent incident at Jupiter is a prime example of his standard operating procedure.
Set up a project(in this case, building GN Drives). Set up a front project that's ALSO a real project to cover up the real project(in this case, harnessing The Power to boost the effectiveness of his mechs). Make the project look like someone else's business. Deploy a significant arsenal, and hide an even more significant one elsewhere.
It's not obvious enough to ensure detection, but if it IS detected, someone will take the bait, and he can surprise attack them when they're weakened from fighting through the expected defenses. I'm actually betting the Heavy Metals we fought weren't in the base. I think he folded them into the hangers from outside the system, then launched them from there.

The way he sees it, he can't lose. He has two valuable projects, and he gets to laugh at the "ineptitude" of his attackers.
If his attackers become a threat, he runs. And still gets the amusement. The projects can be restarted elsewhere, in a more discreet manner.
And he always waits until the last minute. I've been within 3 yards of him before. He folded as a threw an EMP grenade.

"Sounds like he overthinks things. A bit of brute force applied earlier could have done wonders."

It's been tried.
He runs. Or used to. He finally got too cocky. He won't be going very far any time soon. Hell, won't be long before he won't be going anywhere ever again.
"Did you just say-"
Anyways... head on to the bar and start running up a tab.
I've got some business in the brig first.
"Uhhh.... are you sure that's a good idea?"
Probably not. But I can't just leave it alone. I NEED to see him accept defeat. He's still talking like this is part of his master plan!
I know you have your own grudges, so humor me.
"Right. Well, I'm gonna make you pay dearly for this headache. Bring your deepest wallet when you get to the bar."

Right, I will.
*snags some random guy walking around, and makes him Masaki's guide*
"Ya know, I AM capable of navigating a hallway by myself."
History says otherwise.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #906 on: April 01, 2008, 02:10:48 AM » by Ianator is Gaius Baltar.
I whisper to myself...Man, I wish I could use the GX just to try out the G-Falcon. Oh well.

"Anyways, shall we go, Mr. Ando? I have to warn you, I'm still getting used to a few of these places myself..."

IP Logged

« Reply #907 on: April 01, 2008, 04:11:35 AM » by Sume Gai AGGF Master
it's the DX now.

and out of curiosity do you want to try out the 008X?

*Talis comes up behind me*

Talis: Gai I was wondering-

NO

Talis: "but I'm not asking to buy it I want to-"

I knew what you meant and I gave you my answer.  I'm not letting you risk your life for my sake.

Talis: "but you let them fight"

Tallis, they don't fight just for me, whereas you would.  I refuse to let you get any closer to battle than the bridge of the Titus, and even then I don't feel comfortable with you out there.   

Talis: "but--"

please Talis.

Talis: <dejected>"ok"

*Talis leaves the room looking rather sad*

Jaybee can you loan me one of the hawks to do a docking test with the G-Falcon.

IP Logged

« Reply #908 on: April 01, 2008, 04:31:43 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
Go right ahead, Chief.
Hmmm... if you're looking for a recommendation, see if Rachel's busy. She was expressing interest in some non-VF piloting.

*Jaybee walks into the brig, stops at the forcefield across Rodriguez' cell.*
You look like hell...  So I guess the Doc got down here to pull your weapons?

"Enjoying this little bump in the road you've throw at me, aren't you?"
But of course.

"You DO realize this is temporary, right? With this body, time has no meaning to me. I can wait out any sentence I receive. Or I can just escape. Like always."

Escape might be hard without your usual back door.
And I'm not sure you can wait your sentence out...

"Are you listening? My body is immune to the ravages of time! I can just replace things as they wear out! You can't stop me!"

Oh my...
*Jaybee's mouth twitches into a smile devoid of humor. It's a look more appropriate to a cat playing with a cornered mouse, and one few people have ever seen on him.*
You really DON'T understand. This is... delicious.

Do you know what sort of sentence a colonial sterilization carries?

"It doesn't matter. I can outlive it."

No, you can't. That's the point.
This is an interstellar issue. You don't wind up in some sissy Earth Federation court. And the UN takes few things more seriously than attacks on the colonies.

"You're saying a lot, but not really saying anything."

Okay, let me put it bluntly.
Savara's an automatic death penalty. So's Gryphon. We have more than enough evidence to stick either one to you completely. It doesn't matter how good your defense is.
There's no point even LOOKING at the rest of your rap sheet.
You've apparently been misled into believing the death penalty was completely abolished. It's still around for extreme crimes like genocide.

"Those were ages ago. There's a statute of limit-"
*A harsh laugh from Jaybee interrupts*
Twenty-one years and three months on Savara.  Slightly less than twenty on Gryphon. And there's no statute of limitations on sterilizations, you moron. You should've spent more time studying law and less studying Protoculture.

I don't usually take pleasure in this, but I'm making an exception for you.

You. Are. Going. To. Die.

*Jaybee watches calmly as Rodriguez processes things, remaining still as the doctor's face flickers through several emotions.*

Your best hope is that we lose to the Balmarians. They might find you useful. I doubt it, though.

I've got a date with the past in the bar, so I'll leave you to think about things.
If you believe in a higher power than yourself, I'd start talking to it or them. Though I doubt there's a deity in the universe that would have you.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #909 on: April 01, 2008, 06:52:49 AM » by Andrew The Dragon Knight
*Catching up to Ianator*

First thing, welcome back. Second, I was not calling the SRX worthless. What I was trying to say was there are times where the SRX should not be used. Remember the fight against the Q-Raus? When it would be a giant target. Also, when we need speed more than power.

Either way, again I say, welcome back. Let's go to the bar so we can catch up on everything that's happened.

My current inventory is: One transforming katana, one flight suit, one Caster, various Caster shells, one gallant (including stock and barrel) and an optimistic attitude.
IP Logged

« Reply #910 on: April 01, 2008, 07:14:24 AM » by Sume Gai AGGF Master
hey Jaybee did I mention as long as Captain Max is here we can carry out a full UNS Court Marshal, Legally.

ah, I digress it's good to see the old bastard really is ours this time...

maybe now I can stop thinking about the Telemaious Incident.at night...

IP Logged

« Reply #911 on: April 01, 2008, 08:38:48 AM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
Hey, Andoh! You took another wrong turn or something?

"Uh, maybe. I ran into JayBee, and he led me here. My direction isn't honestly THAT bad, is it?"

Masaki, as a friend, I'm going to be perfectly honest with you. I'm getting you a GPS beacon for Christmas.

"Gee, thanks."

Anytime. So, who's tab are you running up?

"Jay's. That reminds me, was there a board meeting somewhere that decided I was the one who gets to hear everyone's backstories? You and him both seem to like using me for exposition."

It happens. So, where'd he go?

"To go piss off that guy in the brig, I think. You want to help on the tab while we wait?"

Sure. Barkeep, a scotch on the rocks.

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

« Reply #912 on: April 01, 2008, 01:21:49 PM » by Ianator is Gaius Baltar.
Ah, more of a situational thing. That makes more sense. Of course, I was looking forward to, er... "altering" the R-units some.

Now that I think about it, do we have a Dendrobium yet?

IP Logged

« Reply #913 on: April 01, 2008, 01:45:11 PM » by Andrew The Dragon Knight
Ah, more of a situational thing. That makes more sense. Of course, I was looking forward to, er... "altering" the R-units some.

Now that I think about it, do we have a Dendrobium yet?

Know anything about Ether amplifiers?

My current inventory is: One transforming katana, one flight suit, one Caster, various Caster shells, one gallant (including stock and barrel) and an optimistic attitude.
IP Logged

« Reply #914 on: April 01, 2008, 04:55:11 PM » by Sume Gai AGGF Master
Andrew, the GSS mod for the Weltall is ready.

I've given the G-Falcon a test and plan to set it up as a G-Bit before we leave

alright everyone we're heading out the day after tomorrow along with the Titus, the Peacemillion and the Makuro (Max's and Millia's new ship).  Our goal L4.

begin final preparations

IP Logged

(Read 442070 times) 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 109
Jump to: