aggf part 2

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Gan Eden - General Discussion / Topic: AGGF part 2

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

10991 Posts, 531 Topics, 745 Members, Latest Member: Shakku

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 394269 times) 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 109

Re: AGGF part 2
« Reply #1275 on: April 20, 2008, 02:52:12 PM » by Sume Gai AGGF Master
I didn't say this at the briefing (because the EF was monitoring us at the time and I don't think this would go over well with them)

but I plan to launch our nukes in a slightly different manner than usual

I've got a large rail gun system which will be attached to the Duragriez; we'll set the missiles to impact detonation and launch them like bullets.

this way we won't have to worry about their guidance being tampered with.

what do you all think?

If you are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve  -Captain Harlock
IP Logged

« Reply #1276 on: April 20, 2008, 04:55:17 PM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
« Last Edit: April 20, 2008, 04:57:04 PM by Derek »
I think there's a reason I stay signed on with you guys, and you just proved it.

That reason, of course, being that we can be extraordinarily awesome bastards when we want to be, even more than we already are.

And the fact that you basically just gave me the firing controls makes me SMILE.

"And that smile is really freaking scary, Derek, especially with the light glare on your visor. Seriously, cut it out."

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

« Reply #1277 on: April 20, 2008, 05:20:39 PM » by Sakura77 Lost Newtype Child
I could go for something light before the fireworks begin. Chaostic do you want to start with both of us in Dinah or our seperate machines?

Things can always get worse...
IP Logged

« Reply #1278 on: April 20, 2008, 05:44:19 PM » by Sume Gai AGGF Master
*switches to voice only*

(sure hope the kids didn't see that)

glad to know you like the idea Derek.

the assembly should be in place in about an hour and the "ammo" will be set up within 2 hours.

I need to handle a few more things before battle
*cuts the com*

now for "Phase IV"

IP Logged

« Reply #1279 on: April 20, 2008, 08:52:57 PM » by Chaostic Dark, Light, Shadow, Time, Chaos, PIKE
Ok Raul Fiona I need you to come with me. Sakura I'll leave that choice up to you while I take the kids to the "room" you should get to the hanger(man I glad the kids where playing with there food instead of looking at the vidscreen)

*rushes down the hall*

Haro-dam!

Haro-dam: Haro haro  Hero of justice Haro-dam is here!

Listen  Raul Fiona I want you to stay in here with Haro-dam understand good I'm going to lock the door it will open as soon as I return ok

*door closes*

Raul: We hate war...

Fiona: because in war...

Raul: lives are lost

Fiona: we wish

both: we had the power to save everyone

---

Ah Subaru do you have any data weapons?

Subaru: just the Bull Horn

ok I want you to protect the ships

heads for the hanger
IP Logged

« Reply #1280 on: April 21, 2008, 12:34:37 AM » by Sume Gai AGGF Master
*walking down a corridor with Max*

you can set them up correct?

Max: "yes but this Idea is nearly insane; we don't have near enough to take care of the whole thing"

I don't care I just need two of them.

Max: "I don't like it but I'll go along with you on this one"

good have them ready...

Max: "you can carry one of them but what of the other?"

I have someone in mind.

Max: "so is that why you wanted it packaged like that?"

Of course, can't have anyone tampering with it before it's needed

Max: "very well, then but you do realize these are the last two we have?"

I am the who bought them.

*sees Jaybee in a side corridor*

Ah just who I needed to see.

I need you to carry something into the White Star for me during Phase III.

oh and I think it best to mention it now; when this is over tell Haro-dam *leans forward and whispers something to Jaybee*

it's designed to be a voice specific code but better to keep it a secret anyway.

IP Logged

« Reply #1281 on: April 21, 2008, 01:20:37 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
Right. You can count on me.

By the way, if we're going ahead with the nuking, I think it may benefit us to use a two-stage missile. Tip them with a shaped charge, let that cut through the shields, and then have the nuke impact on the armor.

Better still...  If we can encase them in a kinetic penetrator. Wedge them INSIDE the armor before they detonate, and you minimize the wasted energy. Sure it's a silly complicated projectile, but the results are worth it. Especially with a railgun pre-boosting the missiles.

I think we have three such missiles on the Focker. I'll have to check with Mike.
Admittedly, it's not a lot. But if we crack the shell, it's gonna make everything else a lot more effective.

I recommend loading them in the middle. Fire a few regular nukes to crack the shields, fire the bunker-busters to crack the armor, then fire everything else down the hole. Worst case scenario, nothing happpens. Slightly less worse scenario, we're throwing nukes into a crater. Best case, the buster missiles blow the enemy's defenses wide open and we rain thermonuclear death down onto a virtually unarmored interior.

I'd still like to hold some back for the final phase, but I'm more confident this will do something besides impress them with our impotence now.

The DOWNSIDE is that once the first shells hit, we'll be firing blind until the proverbial smoke clears. Nothing like flooding an area with tremendous amounts of EM and particle radiation to scramble a sensor suite.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #1282 on: April 21, 2008, 01:29:38 AM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
The DOWNSIDE is that once the first shells hit, we'll be firing blind until the proverbial smoke clears. Nothing like flooding an area with tremendous amounts of EM and particle radiation to scramble a sensor suite.

If that's your idea of a downside, I must laugh and quietly scoff at your reliance on sensors in order to blow things up.

"But Derek-sama, you rely on sensors too! If something happened to the ARC Visor, you'd be completely blind for real!"

Doesn't stop me from pulling the trigger and lacking any sympathy for whoever gets in the way.

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

« Reply #1283 on: April 21, 2008, 01:49:11 AM » by Chaostic Dark, Light, Shadow, Time, Chaos, PIKE
foolish feds you I'll bet some leaked the plan from the start

ah well. Eh! Incoming!

*rushes for the Hanger*

ah anther locked door! *takes a detour to the hanger*

IP Logged

« Reply #1284 on: April 21, 2008, 02:28:38 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.

If that's your idea of a downside, I must laugh and quietly scoff at your reliance on sensors in order to blow things up.

"But Derek-sama, you rely on sensors too! If something happened to the ARC Visor, you'd be completely blind for real!"

Doesn't stop me from pulling the trigger and lacking any sympathy for whoever gets in the way.
Hey, I just like knowing if I've successfully breached a hull  BEFORE I start shooting more nukes down the hole.

*wanders up to the bridge*

"Hey, Jay..."
Yeah, Mike?
"You've got a call from the Hagane. It's Bullet."
(I've got a bad feeling about this...)
Patch him through.

"Hi Jaybee. I just wanted to thank you."
For the Huckebein? You already did that.
(Besides, he sounds a bit sarcastic.)

"No, this is unrelated. Was talking to Kusuha. Seems she was pretty depressed about how everyone seemed to get horrified whenever her energy drinks came up. She was considering giving up on them entirely. Then someone came by and actually requested one. And then seconds. And took a thermosfull home with them. "

(Shit, I asked her not to tell him!)
Well, they DO taste a lot like a popular drink from my homeworld.

*Bullet makes a shocked expression*
"Do they really?"

Yeah. I loved them growing up. You'd be surprsied how hard it is to get good Gryphon cuisine out here in the Sol system.

"That's... interesting. Anyways, she's glad to know that people like the things, and she's clearly been misinterpreting their reactions. So she's not going to quit making them. In fact, she's making an extra-large batch right now, so EVERYONE can have a shot before the operation begins. Keep us on our game, you know? "

*the crew of the Focker that fought in the DC war are tossing VERY evil looks towards Jaybee, while the ones that didn't are looking confused.*

That's awfully nice of her.

"Isn't it, though? You really cheered her up, and I'm not sure quite how to repay you."

I'm glad to hear she's out of her funk. That's really thanks enough.
See ya 'round, right?

"Right. "

Hey... is it just me, or is there a slight echo?

*the comm officer, one of the veterans, speaks up.*
"My fault, sir. I accidentally punched a button or three."
Really? Dare I ask which ones?
"Long story short, I accidentally sent the entire conversation between you two out fleet-wide."

Accidentally, huh?

*Jaybee looks around. The DC vets have apparently explained the drink of legend to the rest of the crew, as everyone is now glaring at Jay with murderous intent*

Quattro: "I THOUGHT that thermos felt evil!"

Hey, Mike? If anyone needs me, I'm gonna be outside. VERY outside.

"I'll give you a fifteen second head start. But only because I consider you a friend. "

Thanks.
*Jaybee bolts for the nearest door.*

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #1285 on: April 21, 2008, 03:11:12 AM » by Andrew The Dragon Knight
Close the door to the Hangar! I know JayBee will probably come this way!

My current inventory is: One transforming katana, one flight suit, one Caster, various Caster shells, one gallant (including stock and barrel) and an optimistic attitude.
IP Logged

« Reply #1286 on: April 21, 2008, 03:21:49 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
*Jaybee palms a computer interface, slowing just long enough to shut a few doors and figure out where Andrew is*

Right! To hanger 3 then!
Aww, shit! Radom!

*Jaybee leaps over the doctor, who seems too engrossed in her work to notice him anyways*

Dammit, there's guards everywhere... except.... even a Ball will do.
*Jaybee leaps through the open hatch and bolts it down*

Attention Focker, Leiutenant McQuade, launching!
The fact that I'm in a Ball should be punishment enough. And not a single person in this fleet has any taste.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #1287 on: April 21, 2008, 03:38:29 AM » by Ianator is Gaius Baltar.
Oh my. I never knew so many people knew about that stuff... *enters quarters* Man. Early morning and I'm still not tired. Time for my secret weapon!

*opens a mini-refrigerator and pulls out a small flask* I hope nobody finds my secret stash... even though it's more for prescription purposes. *takes swag* Whoooaaa~goonight, evrybludy! *plops down on bed*

Who is Gaius Baltar? HE'S THE FRAKKIN' PRESIDENT!
IP Logged

« Reply #1288 on: April 21, 2008, 07:41:25 AM » by Sakura77 Lost Newtype Child
Chaostic, I'm going out in Exia at the moment we can join up in Dinah when we need to. Also I've opened a path to the hangar for you. If something bad starts to go down, I'll active the backup system I put in Dinah remotely and have it get to work.

Things can always get worse...
IP Logged

« Reply #1289 on: April 21, 2008, 08:11:02 AM » by Sume Gai AGGF Master
WAIT JAYBEE!!! thats the experimental Nuclear Ball!!

IP Logged

(Read 394269 times) 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 109
Jump to: