wizardry 1-2-3 stuffs (primarily par-wise)

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Elysium - Gaming / Topic: Wizardry 1-2-3 Stuffs (primarily PAR-wise)

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

11017 Posts, 538 Topics, 768 Members, Latest Member: jssnormns01

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 5028 times) [1]

Wizardry 1-2-3 Stuffs (primarily PAR-wise)
« on: January 26, 2008, 07:09:11 PM » by Isao Kronos Knight of The Lesser Internet Realms
I'm trying to make money codes for the transed version of Wizardry 1-2-3 for the heck of it. But I seem to have hit a MASSIVE HURDLE. GP is stored extremely strangely for me, and I'm not used to that. All I can figure is it's stored in HEX, and I dunno how to make HEX money codes properly. Anyone have any tips? If I can get some help with this, I might post a guide somewhere on my blog (with credit to whoever helps me of course). After money comes HP. But I'll worry about THAT later.

Like I said, any help is appreciated, I'd ask around on RHDN, but those people scare me especially after the Mother 3 debacle. And I don't do romhacking. I make codes for myself, and sometimes others. Emulation is the only time I ever fiddle around with games.

CONCERTO!
IP Logged

Re: Wizardry 1-2-3 Stuffs (primarily PAR-wise)
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 05:38:41 PM » by Chibi Kami
If you use ZSNES, you can search/make codes using hexadecimal instead of base 10.

Enix did weird crap like this for their stuff too, case in point: Terranigma, which stored money and experience as hexadecimal, bypassing A-F in it's calculations

The power of love is the most chaotic and destructive force in the known universe.
IP Logged

Re: Wizardry 1-2-3 Stuffs (primarily PAR-w
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 05:47:35 PM » by KingMike
You mean BCD (binary-coded decimal)?
IP Logged

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 02:34:03 PM » by Isao Kronos Knight of The Lesser Internet Realms
For the life of me, I still can't figure out how it's stored. Now HEX isn't working either.

CONCERTO!
IP Logged

Re: Wizardry 1-2-3 Stuffs (primarily PAR-wise)
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2008, 04:22:07 PM » by Chibi Kami
Try using fuzzy logic. Treat the value as unknown and simply indicate that it has raised or lowered every time you run a search. If you still have no luck, I'll try it myself.

The power of love is the most chaotic and destructive force in the known universe.
IP Logged

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2008, 04:15:02 PM » by Isao Kronos Knight of The Lesser Internet Realms
That did the trick, you have to do a Comparative search. Now to work on HP.

CONCERTO!
IP Logged

(Read 5028 times) [1]
Jump to: