korean translations?

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Aaru - Romhacking & Translation / Topic: Korean Translations?

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

11017 Posts, 538 Topics, 768 Members, Latest Member: jssnormns01

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 5710 times) [1]

Korean Translations?
« on: January 28, 2008, 05:17:32 PM » by Dsvaun
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 05:19:39 PM by Dsvaun »
My cousin revealed to me an interesting revalation a while ago.  Many of the games in Japan don't make it to the U.S., but they are able to go across the water to Korea.  My cousin has played plenty of good games.  One example is the Ys Eternal series.  It is essentially part of the Ys series for the computer.  It actually looks really nice.  One of the interesting things that caught my eye in a Korean gaming magazine from ten years ago was Super Robot Wars 3.

Half my family is Korean.  I can't speak the language to save my life, but my cousin immigrated over here as a teenager, plus a good portion of my family speaks Korean to each other(except for my part of course).

Anyway, point being that if you managed to find a Korean version of a game, he could probaby translate it into english and do a good job with it.  He may have trouble coming up with a few words, but as the internet has shown us, even some of the people who speak english can't speak english.

Just an idea.
IP Logged

Re: Korean Translations?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 01:13:28 AM » by Kai
Good idea.
I like, please, check if Korean Translations are possible.
IP Logged

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 10:51:02 AM » by You Can you smell what I shell
Way to volunteer your cousin.

If I could change the alphabet I'd put I and DD together
IP Logged

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 09:09:07 PM » by Dsvaun
Hey, it was his idea.
IP Logged

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2008, 01:20:14 PM » by Ian Kelley
FWIW, I think this is really only a good idea if the original game is in Korean. Doing, say, the Korean version of Ys Eternal, which was originally in Japanese to start with, would make it a translation of a translation, which is never really a good idea, at least IMO. Too much can be lost in a whisper-down-the-line effect, especially when there are plenty of Japanese translators out there already to do the original in theory.

For Korean-native games, though, it's a great idea, since we don't see a lot of those translated.
IP Logged

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2008, 10:28:07 AM » by You Can you smell what I shell
Hey, it was his idea.

Well, EXCUUUUSEEEE MMEEEEEE then.

Seriously, excuse me.

If I could change the alphabet I'd put I and DD together
IP Logged

(Read 5710 times) [1]
Jump to: