smt1 - something beyond weird happened

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Asgard - Technical Help / Topic: SMT1 - something beyond weird happened

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

11043 Posts, 545 Topics, 780 Members, Latest Member: jnmoors01

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 4238 times) [1]

SMT1 - something beyond weird happened
« on: January 31, 2008, 08:22:34 PM » by Tristan Kain
  I will admit that this might have been an intentional part of the game, but I have yet to find a walkthrough of guide that even mentions this issue, so I'll post it here.  There's a piece of gobbeldegook in the game that might require attention once Gid's 40+ active projects are done.

I'm going for Neutral path, and have managed to hang on to it right through Ikebukuro, but at one point I succeeded in getting half my party killed.  When I went back to the Kaifuku dojo in Shinjuku to revive them all, it happened.  I tried to revive my Tenshi: Power, but when I did, the game made an annoying noise, a bunch of gobbeldegook showed up on the top line of the screen, and said war angel disappeared from my party completely!

If I could've read the gobbeldegook, I might not be asking about what happened, but ... what happened?
IP Logged

Re: SMT1 - something beyond weird happened
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2008, 01:36:52 PM » by Chibi Kami
I'm sorry to report to the uninitiated, but the initial release of the Shin Megami Tensei translation was not what one calls "thoroughly beta tested." Glitches abound throughout the later portions of the game, including a showstopper bug with the octopus demon you need to rescue if you take the law path in the Cathedral.
For future reference, I recommend keeping an unpatched copy of the original Japanese rom, and make a save state right before you enter an important location. If it screws up, quit the game, load the Japanese rom and call up your state until you get past the issue. Save again and switch back.

The power of love is the most chaotic and destructive force in the known universe.
IP Logged

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2008, 11:53:50 PM » by Tristan Kain
  I'll keep that in mind.

What I was really wondering, though, was whether or not there was some sort of "feature" in the game that required certain demons to be revived at certain temples.  It may have been that because a Tenshi: Power is a Light-Law demon, it can only be properly revived at a Mesian church.  I was asking in case it was this possibility and thus I should keep extra close watch on where I revive my good people.

I already knew about the major bugs - the early gun-"seller" woke me up to that.  Law Baptism was supposed to be another fun one.
IP Logged

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2008, 02:12:16 PM » by You Can you smell what I shell
Yeah, the baptism's supposed to be nightmare, but I never got that far anyways.  I don't think that was ever fixed, if I'm not mistaken.

If I could change the alphabet I'd put I and DD together
IP Logged

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2008, 05:51:28 PM » by Chibi Kami
  I'll keep that in mind.

What I was really wondering, though, was whether or not there was some sort of "feature" in the game that required certain demons to be revived at certain temples.  It may have been that because a Tenshi: Power is a Light-Law demon, it can only be properly revived at a Mesian church.  I was asking in case it was this possibility and thus I should keep extra close watch on where I revive my good people.

The Kaifuku can revive any demon. I don't actually know if there are restrictions in the Gaian and Mesian temples, but I don't think I've ever had a problem with them.

The power of love is the most chaotic and destructive force in the known universe.
IP Logged

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2008, 01:09:18 PM » by Tristan Kain
  Well, thanks anyways.  Fortunately, I used the other save slot after this happened, so I can restore things fairly easily.  I'll just call it a glitch unless it happens again (and if it does, I'll try and nab a savestate for future reference).
IP Logged

(Read 4238 times) [1]
Jump to: