so, i just picked up a copy of og1.(spoil)

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Elysium - Gaming / Topic: So, I just picked up a copy of OG1.(Spoil)

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

11018 Posts, 538 Topics, 758 Members, Latest Member: FelicaBoel

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 26200 times) 1 2 [3] 4 5

Re: So, I just picked up a copy of OG1.(Spoil)
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2008, 06:34:20 PM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
So, I finally beat Bian, and have continued onwards to beat mission 22. Time to test the spoiler tags.

WARNING, SPOILER AHEAD! Duel between the two main characters FTW!

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

Re: So, I just picked up a copy of OG1.(Sp
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2008, 07:15:04 PM » by Sume Gai AGGF Master
you should see the OGs CG version

If you are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve  -Captain Harlock
IP Logged

« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2008, 07:21:51 PM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi

WHY HAS NO ONE BROUGHT THAT OVER HERE FOR US YET?!?!?

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2008, 07:29:55 PM » by Sume Gai AGGF Master
short versions
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Insufficient funds

"Not enough minerals "

long version

OG1 and OG2 didn't sell well enough that Atlus would take the risk on OGs

IP Logged

« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2008, 07:32:18 PM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
That saddens me. Really, it does.

IP Logged

« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2008, 07:35:02 PM » by Sume Gai AGGF Master
saddest part is I think OGs would sell well with good advertising (aka WAY more than Atlus would do)

IP Logged

« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2008, 07:36:37 PM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
Yeah, Atlus isn't exactly known for their media campaigns. They make absolutely amazing games, but they never market the bloody things.

IP Logged

« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2008, 07:41:39 PM » by Sume Gai AGGF Master
I wouldn't have even known about OG 1 if I didn't have Nintendo power at the time (not to mention I would never found AGTP if I hadn't gotten interested in Super Robot Wars)

IP Logged

« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2008, 01:09:19 AM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
So, any doubts I may possibly have had about the way this game was going have been completely dispelled.

I love Ryune/Lune so much, it just isn't funny. As an SRW3 vet, the fact that they almost completely recreated the entire Ryune and Valsione level verbatim makes me really happy. Not to mention the added benefit of having a robot nut like Ryusei around to add his own humor into the mix.

And for the love of Luna, they gave Valsione WINGS! WINGS!!!

IP Logged

« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2008, 11:53:48 PM » by Adamjirra
Yeah, after playing OG1 I went and replayed SW3 (I acually saw super robot wars being played at a con, and one day in my infinite boredom I went "Hey, lets see if Underdogs has anything on that robot game", and sure enough, there was three.). I gotta say, I respect Banpretso for not keeping Valsione a freaking horse. Seriously, it looks like a fucking horse in 3. A HORSE!
IP Logged

« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2008, 01:10:38 PM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
So, for anyone keeping track of my various ramblings on it(All...two, three? Probably not even that) I've gotten to about Mission 33 on Kyosuke's route, and I have this to say.

Oh snap. They gonna get it, now.

And I mean that in the meanest possible way, too. I've gotten this far by using Kyosuke as he's meant to be used: As a ****ing ship buster. Revolver, Claymore, and Trump Card are all pretty much maxed out in damage, and I have Mental and SP Regen on Kyo himself, so I use Valor pretty liberally.

All he has to do is sneeze at people and they die. It's glorious.

IP Logged

« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2008, 09:58:07 PM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
I should buckle down and re-play that.

I was kinda holding off for OGs, but with that being AWOL...

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2008, 10:09:38 PM » by Chaostic Dark, Light, Shadow, Time, Chaos, PIKE
I should buckle down and re-play that.

I was kinda holding off for OGs, but with that being AWOL...

yeah but that just a fleeting dream now ;_; I just wish OGG would get released over here

oh well back playing OG 1 and 2
IP Logged

« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2008, 02:24:03 AM » by prince2phore
I'm in the middle of OG2 myself (gba) and it's even better than the 1.
in fact it's so good it's allmost perfect, gameplay wise.
And kyosuke isn't that good compared to the 1, I'm trying to keep up collecting battle mastery and hard level, the challenge is impressive on a first run.

I really wish they would release the PS2 version but hey, never mind, Gid's gonna translate them one day or the other anyway.

right ?

On a side note, Last year we were promised SRW games and still nothing on my radar. I'm kind of... disappointed. thanksfully I have OG2 to keep me entertained in the meantime :)
IP Logged

« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2008, 07:47:08 AM » by Chaostic Dark, Light, Shadow, Time, Chaos, PIKE
I'm in the middle of OG2 myself (gba) and it's even better than the 1.
in fact it's so good it's allmost perfect, gameplay wise.
And kyosuke isn't that good compared to the 1, I'm trying to keep up collecting battle mastery and hard level, the challenge is impressive on a first run.

I really wish they would release the PS2 version but hey, never mind, Gid's gonna translate them one day or the other anyway.

right ?

On a side note, Last year we were promised SRW games and still nothing on my radar. I'm kind of... disappointed. thanksfully I have OG2 to keep me entertained in the meantime :)
right around the time that the ps6 comes out of my math is right
IP Logged

(Read 26200 times) 1 2 [3] 4 5
Jump to: