mystic ark

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Aaru - Romhacking & Translation / Topic: Mystic Ark

Gon is calm
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

10947 Posts, 520 Topics, 763 Members, Latest Member: lahmndras01

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 16811 times) [1] 2

Mystic Ark
« on: March 02, 2008, 12:12:43 AM » by Kold
    I wonder whats going on with this project.  Its status hasnt been updated in a very long time.  I'm starting to believe its not going to get translated. 
IP Logged

Re: Mystic Ark
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 06:02:28 AM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
Silence, you fool! Questioning the Lord Gideon Zhi's judgement can end in nothing but misery!

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2008, 11:23:59 AM » by Sakura77 Lost Newtype Child
You fool! Every request for a update causes longer wait for everyone. Unless Gideon asks for input just be quiet. He would drop it if he was going to not translate it.

Things can always get worse...
IP Logged

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2008, 12:00:59 PM » by Chaostic Dark, Light, Shadow, Time, Chaos, PIKE
You fool! Every request for a update causes longer wait for everyone. Unless Gideon asks for input just be quiet. He would drop it if he was going to not translate it.

really it looks to me like s/he stayed within the bounds of rule three

3) No requests for patches not yet released, release dates for patches that I am working on, patches that I'm not working on, or prepatched ROM images. Project status requests are allowed provided that said project is not on the main page, and similar requests are not currently on the board.

so I think the question s/he asked is safe
IP Logged

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2008, 12:47:25 PM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
Tactics Ogre.

The less we push the boundries on what's in Rule 3 and what isn't, the happier we shall all be in the end.

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2008, 01:12:36 PM » by Kold
    I dont care if it does make you all mad, or if you ban me, or
about youre stupid rules.  There would be nothing wrong with him answering the question after all this time.  There are certainly plenty of people interested. If you sort the projects by popularity, its number 2.  As i said, i think its abandoned, for one reason or the other, and we arent going to get to play it. 
IP Logged

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2008, 01:36:59 PM » by Chaostic Dark, Light, Shadow, Time, Chaos, PIKE
whoa settle down dude theres no need to get so emotional I understand that your passionate about this but, try to relax ok

heated responses will only serve to work against you right now
IP Logged

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2008, 12:11:28 AM » by Zaratus
The only thing I can say, is that good things come to those who wait. 

It'll come *eventually*.  Could be four months, could be four years.  But, it'll most likely get done sometime.  Some of the projects have been in the works for many years before they finally got finished.  (Here, and other places)

Granted, we all hope for sooner rather than later... 

Hmm, I forget when the last update was on Mystic Ark however...  Wow, apparently it's been longer than I thought, last update must have been on the old AGTP site.  So, sometime prior to March 7th, 2007.  I seem to remember it being a somewhat favorable update, but it's been so long, I just don't remember anymore. 

IP Logged

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2008, 09:36:34 AM » by Sakura77 Lost Newtype Child
I believe that it said that the dialog was nearly complete but, hacking was still neccessary.

IP Logged

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2008, 10:38:22 AM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
« Last Edit: March 03, 2008, 10:42:11 AM by Derek »
More or less, according to the project page. Full trans of the script and font set and ready to go, the only part of it that remains is the actual work of putting it in. That in itself is probably the hardest part, and knowing how all such things go, six or twenty other problems jumped up in Gid's face as he was working on it. Not to mention all the other projects that demand attention, too.

I predict that, barring any horrible accidents such as his computer exploding and his house catching fire as a result, Gid'll probably put up another update for it sometime before November, and we'll actually see a released patch sometime in early '09.

DISCLAIMER:This prediction was made based on the information gathered from the project page itself, and the 75% complete status on said page. It also takes into account some level of hopeful optimism, but does not factor in any Delay Penalties that may have been accumulated over time. Thus, for all intents and purposes, the prediction may end up being completely wrong as a result. All complaints should be addressed with the wood chipper stationed to your left, or the open window on the twelveth floor. Thank you, and have a nice day.

IP Logged

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2008, 01:15:31 PM » by Sakura77 Lost Newtype Child
I believe Gid wants to get out a SRT or two first considering his updates.

IP Logged

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2008, 01:45:36 PM » by Sume Gai AGGF Master
I'm pretty sure it's a problem of priority

Mystic Arc is probably  below several projects on Gid's to do list

so I doubt he's doing anything with it at the moment

If you are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve  -Captain Harlock
IP Logged

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2008, 03:57:43 PM » by Dsvaun
It probably is because first he's working on Live A Live 2.0 first, then he mentioned some of the SNES SRW games such as Gaiden.  After SRW I'm not sure of Mystic Ark's priority, but its gonna be a while either way.
IP Logged

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2008, 01:24:30 AM » by Zeuromus
I've wanted to play this game for nearly a decade now... I can't wait! :D
IP Logged

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2008, 09:43:15 PM » by Dynamo
Same here, this is the one game above all I would love to see translated.
IP Logged

(Read 16811 times) [1] 2
Jump to: