mystic ark

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Aaru - Romhacking & Translation / Topic: Mystic Ark

Gon is calm
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

10947 Posts, 520 Topics, 748 Members, Latest Member: Wario-Man

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 16788 times) 1 [2]

Re: Mystic Ark
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2008, 11:04:25 PM » by defect9
I think I still have the nintendo power that first mentioned Mystic Ark lying around in a box somewhere.  I know I have the one that first mentioned Star Ocean

See what you want to see, but the Truth is not bent by your will
IP Logged

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2008, 08:47:11 PM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
I have the one that plugged Tales of Phantasia.
And Wonder Project.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2008, 08:56:37 PM » by Chibi Kami
How the RPG industry worked in America in the age of the NES and SNES:

Nintendo power says 10 words about a kickass RPG from Japan. Every reader becomes instantly infatuated with, and in some cases, rabid over it. The company who made it decides there's zero interest in it and decides to scrap the international release.

This practice has extended to today's most highly desired translation, that of Mother 3, which Nintendo knows full well we all crave and still refuses to even think about.

The power of love is the most chaotic and destructive force in the known universe.
IP Logged

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2008, 01:52:09 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 01:58:43 AM by JayBee »
How the RPG industry worked in America in the age of the NES and SNES:

Nintendo power says 10 words about a kickass RPG from Japan. Every reader becomes instantly infatuated with, and in some cases, rabid over it. The company who made it decides there's zero interest in it and decides to scrap the international release.
Actually, only a small handful of readers gave a crap about the RPG section, which started VERY late in the SNES' life.
There's a reason the section was the first thing bumped if they were running short on space in an issue, and had rather sporadic appearance.

How the RPG market worked in America in the age of the NES and SNES.

A few came out. They didn't sell particularly well.
A lot more didn't come out. No one noticed.

And for contrast...

How the RPG market worked after SCEA pimped the everloving hell out of FF7, up through today:

A lot of RPGs came out. Most of them sucked.
As long as they looked really flashy or carried the Final Fantasy name, they sold pretty well. Beyond that, no one noticed.

This practice has extended to today's most highly desired translation, that of Mother 3, which Nintendo knows full well we all crave and still refuses to even think about.
We ALL crave?
Personally, I could live my entire life without playing another entry in that franchise. Once was more than enough.
Most of the market has never heard of the game.

Don't project your love of Earthbound onto everyone.
Just because fans of the series are loud doesn't mean they're a dominant market force.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2009, 08:05:19 PM » by xz1303
(sorry for the bump)
It may be 75% complete but i think it's abandoned too...
And i find this upsetting because i have wanted to play this game since i was a kid and i'm 20 now.
I can't get passed the first scene because it's in japanese!!
IP Logged

« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2009, 09:37:17 PM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
This thread is over a year old. Whining is no reason to bump it.

One week's ban. And if you want to see the game in English that badly, you're welcome to try to hack it yourself.

IP Logged

(Read 16788 times) 1 [2]
Jump to: