a sad day today

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Gan Eden - General Discussion / Topic: A sad day today

Gon is calm
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

10947 Posts, 520 Topics, 748 Members, Latest Member: Wario-Man

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 1982 times) [1]

A sad day today
« on: March 04, 2008, 02:55:30 PM » by Adamjirra
Gary Gygax has passed on today at 69.
IP Logged

Re: A sad day today
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2008, 03:27:47 PM » by Andrew The Dragon Knight
Oh,man. I liked the game that he helped create. All uber-nerds be saddened, for the creator of Dungeons and Dragons has passed.

My current inventory is: One transforming katana, one flight suit, one Caster, various Caster shells, one gallant (including stock and barrel) and an optimistic attitude.
IP Logged

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2008, 07:26:30 PM » by Word on the Wind Fanservice with a vengence!
Damn it all.

This is sad news indeed.

I miss my signature.
IP Logged

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2008, 04:54:07 PM » by Chibi Kami
I wasn't really into D&D, but many other pen & paper games might not have existed were it not for his influence. Truly we have lost a hero to the world, and already the world seems a little brighter (fear the light).

The power of love is the most chaotic and destructive force in the known universe.
IP Logged

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2008, 05:15:26 PM » by Datschge Sakuraba Fan
Computer RPGs as we know wouldn't exist either. The now cliche "knight and dragon" medieval worldview of many games wouldn't be as popular etc. His influence is really underrated all things considered.
IP Logged

(Read 1982 times) [1]
Jump to: