problems with la-mulana

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Asgard - Technical Help / Topic: problems with La-Mulana

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

11016 Posts, 538 Topics, 756 Members, Latest Member: NicholasN6

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 38593 times) 1 2 [3]

Re: problems with La-Mulana
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2009, 09:34:20 PM » by Dtotheon
When I try to Play La-Mulana the screen goes black (I would assume to go to the game) then it just stops running for some reason.  I have tried to play before putting in the patch and after.  I am using XP so I have no idea what would make it do this.
IP Logged

« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2009, 01:24:34 PM » by Rocky
I've been able to play the game just fine, but whenever I use the scanner on a skeleton or tablet, I get a few characters spread across the screen in a few colors. There's no problem if I enter a door and talk to someone or shop, but I can't read glyphs or notes or anything.
IP Logged

« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2009, 11:08:37 AM » by Rixanu
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 01:39:01 PM by Rixanu »
I've also been having issues lately. I've been running La-Mulana off my flash drive for a few years now with no problems. Now, the graphics are all messed up. There's no text anywhere, the bar on the top of the screen is gone, all the menus are blank, and Lemeza is invisible. I tried a re-install, but to no avail. The only way I can seem to get rid of it is by deleting the lamulana.ini file in the La-Mulana folder, but that only fixes the problem for one play session, then it comes back. Also, this only happens on one computer. The two I usually use both have Windows XP on them. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Nevermind, I think I fixed it.
IP Logged

« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2009, 10:43:48 AM » by Cosine
I've had problems running La-Mulana since upgrading from XP to Windows 7. Everything worked fine in XP but on 7, all of the sprites have gray boxes around them and the background (for example, in a shop) is dark green instead of black. I've managed to fix this temporarily by running in XP mode, but the next time I load the game the problems return. If I alt tab out and back in the colors are even more messed up. I've tried different compatibility versions but nothing has yielded any success so far. Any suggestions?
IP Logged

« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2009, 04:44:26 PM » by alaras
Shockingly, I've had no trouble with it on Windows Vista...
IP Logged

« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2011, 09:34:27 AM » by bizzy
I have a similar problem as KYTE from page 2. However, I am using Windows 7 and whenever I try to start La-Mulana the screen is black, stuck on waiting. Changing compatibility mode doesn't help. Although, when I open the game inside Virtual Computer (XP) the screen just goes black and shuts down back to desktop.

I hope somebody has any idea what the problem is, the game looks too fun to pass just because of technical issues.
IP Logged

« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2011, 01:05:39 PM » by bizzy
Oops, ancient thread...
IP Logged

(Read 38593 times) 1 2 [3]
Jump to: