problems with la-mulana

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Asgard - Technical Help / Topic: problems with La-Mulana

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

11026 Posts, 541 Topics, 767 Members, Latest Member: metalmight

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 39780 times) 1 [2] 3

Re: problems with La-Mulana
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2008, 05:16:01 PM » by LeftyMagman
I really apologize for my complete ineptitude with this stuff. How do I make a backup? and then what?
IP Logged

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2008, 05:17:41 PM » by antikris
You take the original file and drag it out of the La Mulana directory, so it cannot be replaced. In case something goes wrong, you can drag it back.
IP Logged

« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2008, 12:19:16 PM » by LeftyMagman
Well, I saved the file as a bitmap image into the La-Mulana graphics folder, and it didn't  do anything.
IP Logged

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2008, 09:55:22 AM » by Outlander
I've had a couple of problems with La Mulana recently myself. I've played through much of the game on my home pc and recently i took a break to play some Dwarf Fortress. Problem is now when i try to play La Mulana I don't get ANY music. Odd thing is i still get all the sounds. I even downloaded a fresh copy of the game and tried that out but the same problem. I decided it must be my computer (vista 32 bit) so i uninstalled/reinstalled all my sound drivers. but still no luck.. anyone know whats going on..  could it be a new vista SP2 update or something like that which is keeping me from playing one of my favorate games. (ps i tired it out on my XP Pc and it worked fine!)
IP Logged

« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2008, 10:08:35 AM » by Sume Gai AGGF Master
I have to say these problems sound like they may be emulator compatibility issues

what emulators are you using and have you tried others?

If you are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve  -Captain Harlock
IP Logged

« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2008, 10:13:13 AM » by Outlander
La Mulana doesn't run through any emulators. I just play it right through the .exe that I downloaded from AEON GENESIS

http://agtp.romhack.net/project.php?id=lamulana

I've even tried it with and without the english update ,, same problem
IP Logged

« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2008, 05:07:36 PM » by LeftyMagman
Does anybody know of an easy way to turn the original white font grey? That would solve the problem.
IP Logged

« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2008, 08:05:41 AM » by Outlander
Yea go to your LA-MULANA/graphics folder and open font.bmp with paint or another graphic editor. zoom in and fill all the white letters with grey or any other color you want. then save your file again as font.bmp and wala you've changed the font color. the cool thing is you can edit any of the game graphics this way so if you wanted all the hairless blue rats in the game to have pink skin and frekkles you could do that too.

Oh by the way I found out that Vista Service pack 1 wasn't compatable with La-Mulana's midi music on my computer. I had to uninstall the service pack (which took about 2 hours) just to get my sound working again. I'm going to peek around and see if it's somthing else to do with my sound card or uncompatable drivers. If anyone else is haveing problems with La-mulana in Vista then we should look into it.
IP Logged

« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2008, 05:30:18 PM » by antikris
A quick way in Adobe Photoshop:
1. Open font.bmp
2. Convert it to RGB working space, Image > Mode > RGB
3. Right-click the layer in the Layer Palete and pick Duplicate Layer...
4. Hit enter to confirm the dialog that pops up
5. Select the bottom layer now by clicking it
6. Click the foreground color in tool palette and pick a color (preferrably grey)
7. Hit Alt-Backspace to fill the entire bottom layer with that color
8. Set the layer mode of the top layer to Multiply, by using the dropdown menu in the Layer Palette while having the top layer selected; this will save the black pixels of the top layer and make you see right through the white pixels onto the grey bottom layer
9. Convert back to bitmap, Image > Mode > Indexed Colors...
10. It will ask to flatten all layers; click OK
11. It will tell you how many indexed colors it will use. Click OK again
12. Now, save the file as font.bmp in the desired location (File > Save as...)
13. It will ask to save it as an 8-bit image. Click OK

IP Logged

« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2008, 05:54:44 PM » by LeftyMagman
Antikris, you are amazing. And the king of all Photoshop.
IP Logged

« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2008, 11:44:37 AM » by KYTE The Zombie Hunter Extraordinaire!
I have a couple of problems, myself.

When trying to play it on my laptop. It's had a lot of issues, and doesn't recognize it's own graphics card, although I can still play games like Cave Story, Yume Nikki, Noitu Love 2, etc.
When I start up La-Mulana, the screen flicks to black for a few seconds, then goes back to the desktop.
It runs XP, by the way.

I've been able to play it on our other computer (which is quite old, but running XP all the same), but recently, when I press down to talk to people, read signs, activate things, etc. it doesn't do anything. No text, no effect, nothing.

Anyone think they might be able to help me out?

IP Logged

« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2008, 11:53:46 PM » by Taco Dan
I'm having the same problem, but I also can't see the colors on my vitality and exp bars, can anyone help with that?
IP Logged

« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2008, 08:16:02 PM » by winwinwe
help winrar says that the patch is corrupted even though I tryed to repair it won't work please respond quick.

Here is my quote of the day: Ed Boon, " Violence without gameplay is like icing without the cake." To OXM magzine in a Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe interview.
Oh and rember to Always keep Fooly Cooly And Don't be an Sgt. Frog.
IP Logged

« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2008, 05:23:30 PM » by winwinwe
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 06:05:08 PM by winwinwe »
Is it maybe a problem with the xp? If you run another thing other than XP htan maybe it's a problem with the way you launced it in xp-compatibe mode. Also try in the one your computer was made in.
Reply to TacoDan
IP Logged

« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2009, 06:37:23 PM » by Firesealr
Anyone else having trouble getting La Mulana to play in color? Mine is in nothing but grayscale. Anyone have this problem before?
IP Logged

(Read 39780 times) 1 [2] 3
Jump to: