no april fools joke?

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Gan Eden - General Discussion / Topic: No April Fools joke?

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

10989 Posts, 531 Topics, 744 Members, Latest Member: k4ra187

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 5096 times) [1]

No April Fools joke?
« on: April 01, 2008, 06:10:55 PM » by Chibi Kami
It's 5:10PM, April 1st in California and we have yet to see an April Fools joke. Is Gid slipping, or was he too busy actually working on a game?

An en-masse "all these SRW games are finished" announcement would have been good for pissing people off when they realize it's not true.

The power of love is the most chaotic and destructive force in the known universe.
IP Logged

Re: No April Fools joke?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 06:16:56 PM » by Word on the Wind Fanservice with a vengence!
I think a better one would be someone (in colaberation with Gid) comin' on and askin' Gid when he would be released from Prison and be able to release another patch, Gid respondin' "Damn it, now I'm in here for two more months."

I miss my signature.
IP Logged

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 06:19:00 PM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
I'm much more appreciative of a lack of an AFD joke. Six of the message boards I go to faked shutting down or banning half the members, and that's not even counting GameFAQs' Rickrolling. The less over-the-top stuff we deal with, the better.

Though, Arle's suggestion would be pretty funny.

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2008, 06:35:03 PM » by Sume Gai AGGF Master
ANN has a truly cruel one about TTGL coming to Cartoon Network...

I'd rather we avoid an AFD joke personaly

If you are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve  -Captain Harlock
IP Logged

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2008, 08:05:01 PM » by Word on the Wind Fanservice with a vengence!
and that's not even counting GameFAQs' Rickrolling.

GameFAQ's best AFJ is it's Top Ten list today.

I miss my signature.
IP Logged

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2008, 08:06:33 PM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
and that's not even counting GameFAQs' Rickrolling.

GameFAQ's best AFJ is it's Top Ten list today.

Agreed.

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2008, 08:17:06 PM » by gamerk2
I was eagerly awaiting news of SRW:LOtE too...
IP Logged

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2008, 08:23:07 PM » by Dsvaun
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 08:26:49 PM by Dsvaun »
The prison idea is a good idea definitely, but I can see myself falling for "SRW is translated" for the next ten years before I learned my lesson.

Yes I'm that stupid.
IP Logged

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2008, 09:07:28 PM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
Ya know, the one bright spot about 4/1 was checking the Working Designs and irem pages.

But irem doesn't translate and pulls the joke about the time the US is getting up, and WD... well, you know.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2008, 09:26:21 PM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
Honestly? The only time I even ever *tried* to do an AFD joke, a year or two ago, nobody got it. I put a big "DEAD END" Clock Tower game over screen up for the main page, and people were just confused.

I got a lot done today, though. Dumped a script for one game, tinkered with insertables for another. Neither has been announced; one is probably easy to guess, and the other while wholly awesome is totally left-field.

*grin*

IP Logged

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2008, 01:11:54 AM » by Word on the Wind Fanservice with a vengence!
Honestly? The only time I even ever *tried* to do an AFD joke, a year or two ago, nobody got it. I put a big "DEAD END" Clock Tower game over screen up for the main page, and people were just confused.

I remember that. Honestly, I got the whole thing, but I almost never know what day it is, so the fact that it was 4/1completely eluded me and went over my head.

I miss my signature.
IP Logged

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2008, 07:07:57 AM » by Chaostic Dark, Light, Shadow, Time, Chaos, PIKE

I remember that. Honestly, I got the whole thing, but I almost never know what day it is, so the fact that it was 4/1completely eluded me and went over my head.
same here I messed up a few of my birthday parties because of that
IP Logged

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2008, 12:05:46 AM » by Zaratus
I wasn't around GameFAQs much for the rickrolling.  All I saw in regards to that was the poll options. 

Lets see, over on the World of Warcraft site, Blizzard had put up an announcement for their new expansion, a new hero class 'Bard'.  Main weapon - Axe.  Has to fill up a 'groove' meter using a Guitar Hero-esque thing on the side of the screen.  Rather amusing skills and descriptions abound.  Silly stuff. 

Then an announcement for home consoles 'World of Warcraft: The Molten Core' goes on and on sounding legit, talking about multiplayer, all sorts of features.  Then you get to the system - Atari 2600.  Complete with screenshots.  And a trailer.  Which proclaims such features as "Move in any of 8 UNIQUE directions", and "Has SOUND!"

I never got around to seeing the fake stuff ThinkGeek was selling this year.  They generally have some amusing fake products. 

Hmm, I actually don't remember anything else.  Most places I frequent lately didn't have anything going on.

Eh, I might as well include links to the WoW related stuff.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/wrath/features/bard/bardclass.xml

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/moltencore/
IP Logged

(Read 5096 times) [1]
Jump to: