dark law minor text fix

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Aaru - Romhacking & Translation / Topic: Dark Law minor text fix

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

11026 Posts, 541 Topics, 767 Members, Latest Member: metalmight

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 2035 times) [1]

Dark Law minor text fix
« on: April 06, 2008, 01:00:17 AM » by ugetab
I got sufficiently annoyed with translating 2 mashed-together lines of text from the game's file that I decided to just fix it for all the time it would save re-solving it if I decided to replay the game again. I don't think it'll qualify for having the patch updated, but it's here in case someone else thinks this game is worth more than a second look.

Fix South Creek Temple Scene Text:

In an emulator:
Use this as a cheat code: CD738700

In a patched game file:
change the byte at D7387 from C3 to 00

In darklaw.ips
change the byte at 14B84 from C3 to 00

And now...
go get eaten by piranha
IP Logged

Re: Dark Law minor text fix
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 04:11:30 AM » by ugetab
There was actually enough wrong that it warranted rather careful consideration of each line of text I ran across past the above mentioned fix.

so, I decided to put together a single IPS of the few bytes in need of changing to enable all the text I found to not display correctly.

http://www.angelfire.com/nc/ugetab/

If you find any more statements that don't 'flow' correctly, I can look them up and see if it's by design, or because there's missing wordage in between. I know it knocked my interpertations around a bit when it would throw some weird statements that made no sense when put together.

And now, it's time to post this without any actual conclusion to the thought processes involved.
IP Logged

(Read 2035 times) [1]
Jump to: