the definitive version.

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Aaru - Romhacking & Translation / Topic: The DEFINITIVE Version.

Gon is calm
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

10947 Posts, 520 Topics, 748 Members, Latest Member: Wario-Man

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 27783 times) [1] 2 3 ... 5

The DEFINITIVE Version.
« on: April 16, 2008, 02:51:15 PM » by GreenEnergy
Hi there. Without intending to violate rule #3, I’d just like to know how the #1 project (in terms of popularity) of this site, Tactics Ogre, is doing. I don’t expect it to come out soon, but a simple “don’t worry, I’m (or) we’re still on it” would be fine.

Furthermore, I’d like to get something else off my chest. Obviously there’s a high demand for TO on this TRANSLATION PAGE, even though it’s already been translated in English and available on PSX - but why? I mean, one could by it easily via Ebay, provided he/she can spare about 100 bucks, or get it elsewhere as an ISO… though still people are not satisfied. 
I think it’s because they a) really LOVE this game, and b), and that’s probably the most important factor, are heartbroken about the lousily ported PSX-Version (slow loading times etc.). At least I am. That’s why I’m still looking forward to an SNES Version with English text, as this would be the DEFINITIVE Version to own. I can’t even imagine how crazily awesome it would be to enjoy this gem on an actual SNES one day… (screw emulators)

Last but not least, I’d like to thank everyone who’s working on this site for their great efforts in translating all those games, and especially Gideon Zhi. 

Greetings from Germany,
GreenEnergy
IP Logged

Re: The DEFINITIVE Version.
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2008, 03:51:34 PM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
Furthermore, I’d like to get something else off my chest. Obviously there’s a high demand for TO on this TRANSLATION PAGE, even though it’s already been translated in English and available on PSX - but why? I mean, one could by it easily via Ebay, provided he/she can spare about 100 bucks, or get it elsewhere as an ISO… though still people are not satisfied. 
Sheer stupidity.
It's been that way for years.

People could've beaten the game several times already instaed of still be waiting for an english release if they hadn't refused to play the PS1 version.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2008, 03:47:01 PM » by GreenEnergy
What’s so stupid about waiting for the game?

I might’ve already played through the game as well if I hadn’t come across this site. It’s not like one would get paid for finishing it. I want to enjoy it to the fullest, and that means I want to get the best possible gaming experience that there is (certainly NOT the PSX version)

I think it’s just a matter of alternatives.

Now that I not only know that a patch is in the works [and seemingly in the right hands], already done by 50%, but also an English script available (from the PSX Version) AND still a lot of interest in the community, it’s far from being stupid to wait for said patch to see the light of day.   
IP Logged

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2008, 04:03:16 PM » by TCM Chrono, by another name.
However, it is stupid to come on here and go "WHARS TACTICS OGRE PROGRESS", like what used to happen, oh, about once or twice a month.

Signatures? We're in the lap of luxury now!
IP Logged

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2008, 02:19:50 PM » by Wight
HI IM NU
WHARS TACTICS OGRE PROGRESS PLZ?  THX VRY MUCH K LOL.

. . . Sorry.  >_>
IP Logged

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2008, 02:27:53 PM » by Sume Gai AGGF Master
HI IM NU
WHARS TACTICS OGRE PROGRESS PLZ?  THX VRY MUCH K LOL.

. . . Sorry.  >_>
^^^^^^
this is exactly why we ridicule people who ask about TO

(I'm sure this was a joke but it perfectly illustrates the typical TO request post)   

If you are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve  -Captain Harlock
IP Logged

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2008, 04:16:00 PM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
What I *really* need is like three months of vacation to work on all this crap.

IP Logged

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2008, 11:45:55 PM » by Zaratus

Or someone to go, "Here's $50,000, now take a year off of work and finish everything."  =P

Hey, I'd probably do something like that if i was filthy stinking rich.  You'd figure over the years the rom translation scene would have attacted at least one filthy stinking rich generous benefactor. 
IP Logged

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2008, 07:24:20 AM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner

Or someone to go, "Here's $50,000, now take a year off of work and finish everything."  =P

Hey, I'd probably do something like that if i was filthy stinking rich.  You'd figure over the years the rom translation scene would have attacted at least one filthy stinking rich generous benefactor. 

Or that, yeah, although for *everything* I think I might need two or three years.

IP Logged

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2008, 03:51:06 PM » by Dsvaun
Wouldn't hurt for that person to also give everyone on the pantheon a ton of money also.
IP Logged

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2008, 04:52:11 PM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
Wouldn't hurt for that person to also give everyone on the pantheon a ton of money also.

I agree with this wholeheartedly.

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2008, 12:52:40 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.

I third the motion.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2008, 01:29:46 AM » by Chaostic Dark, Light, Shadow, Time, Chaos, PIKE

I third the motion.
forth(with that I could payoff my collage loans)
IP Logged

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2008, 02:25:11 AM » by Andrew The Dragon Knight

I third the motion.
forth(with that I could payoff my collage loans)

Fifth. I could use some cash for college and transportation.

My current inventory is: One transforming katana, one flight suit, one Caster, various Caster shells, one gallant (including stock and barrel) and an optimistic attitude.
IP Logged

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2008, 02:40:19 PM » by Guncannoneer
Um, hi, I'm new, can I have some of this magical Pantheon welfare money too?

Just out of curiosity, is the PSX translation for TO considered sub-par or anything?  We're talking about a 1997 Atlus translation here, so maybe they tried to pass the whole game off as taking place in America?
IP Logged

(Read 27783 times) [1] 2 3 ... 5
Jump to: