The Pantheon
August 04, 2020, 03:06:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: The DEFINITIVE Version.  (Read 44257 times)
Sume Gai
Bishop

« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2008, 11:17:17 AM »

Um, hi, I'm new, can I have some of this magical Pantheon welfare money too?

Just out of curiosity, is the PSX translation for TO considered sub-par or anything?  We're talking about a 1997 Atlus translation here, so maybe they tried to pass the whole game off as taking place in America?

you do know Gid is just ripping that translation and putting it in the snes version
IP Logged

If you are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve  -Captain Harlock
Chaostic
Cleric

« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2008, 05:33:24 PM »

Just out of curiosity, is the PSX translation for TO considered sub-par or anything?  We're talking about a 1997 Atlus translation here, so maybe they tried to pass the whole game off as taking place in America?

you do know Gid is just ripping that translation and putting it in the snes version

@Gai well thats better then just using babelfish(I'm looking at you Langfandood)

@Guncannoneer sure if you stay a active member
IP Logged
JayBee
Sentinel
Bishop

« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2008, 07:57:22 PM »

As far as I know, the only real objection anyone's making is that it has load times. Not that some emulators can't do a  lot to reduce load times anyways.
IP Logged

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gideon Zhi
Archmagus
Cleric

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2008, 06:03:50 AM »

You people *do* know that "Langfandood" is D-Boy, right? He did the babelfished Der Langrisser patch as an april fool's joke.
IP Logged

Chaostic
Cleric

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2008, 07:02:14 AM »

You people *do* know that "Langfandood" is D-Boy, right? He did the babelfished Der Langrisser patch as an april fool's joke.

so I heard but if you know whats going on it is funny as hell try the Xak II translation  lol
IP Logged
Guncannoneer
Initiate

« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2008, 09:31:50 AM »

Oh.  Well, nevermind then.

In any case I can understand the lag annoyances (ugh, Chrono Trigger) but yeah.  Interesting, having to rip a script and then re-apply it rather than working with someone's translation.  I wonder if that's easier or harder?
IP Logged
TCM
Acolyte

« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2008, 10:48:42 AM »

It's hardly "Ripping an reapplying" so much as it is "Make the script match". I'd guess it's about the same.

I'd say it's probably Copy-pasta, but I have no idea what all goes into making text display properly on screen, so.. >_>
IP Logged

Signatures? We're in the lap of luxury now!
GreenEnergy
Initiate

« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2008, 07:43:56 AM »

@Guncannoneer: Agree, the CT PSX Port just sucked (loading times, long menu times, not 100% proper sound emulation).
IP Logged
JayBee
Sentinel
Bishop

« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2008, 09:38:33 AM »

It's hardly "Ripping an reapplying" so much as it is "Make the script match". I'd guess it's about the same.

I'd say it's probably Copy-pasta, but I have no idea what all goes into making text display properly on screen, so.. >_>
I tried to copy pasta once.
The sauce ran down into the copier, and then they threw me out of the library.
IP Logged

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sume Gai
Bishop

« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2008, 10:00:47 AM »

Jaybee; I'm sorry that just didn't work, at all
IP Logged

JayBee
Sentinel
Bishop

« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2008, 10:34:46 AM »

Indeed. But it was better than a rant about 4chan, the english language, and the decline of society.
IP Logged

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sume Gai
Bishop

« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2008, 10:57:58 AM »

only marginally...

now I want you to wear this *indicates Fa Yuiri Costume*

till you think of something better
IP Logged

Gideon Zhi
Archmagus
Cleric

« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2008, 06:11:42 PM »

The problem isn't the text (although there's some fantastic glitching once you name your brigade that I haven't dealt with yet) so much as it is all the compressed graphical text, such as the month/day/year display and mission objectives and such. It's nothing I can't handle, but it's still *really* annoying.
IP Logged

Word on the Wind
Sentinel
Cleric

« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2008, 07:45:06 PM »

Am I the only one whom thinks it's completely awesome to look at the top bar and read..

Aeon Genesis
The Definitive Version
IP Logged

I miss my signature.
Derek
Sentinel
Bishop

« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2008, 07:46:35 PM »

Am I the only one whom thinks it's completely awesome to look at the top bar and read..

Aeon Genesis
The Definitive Version

No, no you are not.

There's another nomination for adding to the random quote generator.
IP Logged

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: