the definitive version.

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Aaru - Romhacking & Translation / Topic: The DEFINITIVE Version.

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

11026 Posts, 541 Topics, 767 Members, Latest Member: metalmight

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 31151 times) 1 [2] 3 4 5

Re: The DEFINITIVE Version.
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2008, 03:17:17 PM » by Sume Gai AGGF Master
Um, hi, I'm new, can I have some of this magical Pantheon welfare money too?

Just out of curiosity, is the PSX translation for TO considered sub-par or anything?  We're talking about a 1997 Atlus translation here, so maybe they tried to pass the whole game off as taking place in America?

you do know Gid is just ripping that translation and putting it in the snes version

If you are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve  -Captain Harlock
IP Logged

« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2008, 09:33:24 PM » by Chaostic Dark, Light, Shadow, Time, Chaos, PIKE

Just out of curiosity, is the PSX translation for TO considered sub-par or anything?  We're talking about a 1997 Atlus translation here, so maybe they tried to pass the whole game off as taking place in America?

you do know Gid is just ripping that translation and putting it in the snes version

@Gai well thats better then just using babelfish(I'm looking at you Langfandood)

@Guncannoneer sure if you stay a active member
IP Logged

« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2008, 11:57:22 PM » by JayBee That's how I roll.

As far as I know, the only real objection anyone's making is that it has load times. Not that some emulators can't do a  lot to reduce load times anyways.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2008, 10:03:50 AM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
You people *do* know that "Langfandood" is D-Boy, right? He did the babelfished Der Langrisser patch as an april fool's joke.

IP Logged

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2008, 11:02:14 AM » by Chaostic Dark, Light, Shadow, Time, Chaos, PIKE
You people *do* know that "Langfandood" is D-Boy, right? He did the babelfished Der Langrisser patch as an april fool's joke.

so I heard but if you know whats going on it is funny as hell try the Xak II translation  lol
IP Logged

« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2008, 01:31:50 PM » by Guncannoneer

Oh.  Well, nevermind then.

In any case I can understand the lag annoyances (ugh, Chrono Trigger) but yeah.  Interesting, having to rip a script and then re-apply it rather than working with someone's translation.  I wonder if that's easier or harder?
IP Logged

« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2008, 02:48:42 PM » by TCM Chrono, by another name.
It's hardly "Ripping an reapplying" so much as it is "Make the script match". I'd guess it's about the same.

I'd say it's probably Copy-pasta, but I have no idea what all goes into making text display properly on screen, so.. >_>

Signatures? We're in the lap of luxury now!
IP Logged

« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2008, 11:43:56 AM » by GreenEnergy
@Guncannoneer: Agree, the CT PSX Port just sucked (loading times, long menu times, not 100% proper sound emulation).
IP Logged

« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2008, 01:38:33 PM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
It's hardly "Ripping an reapplying" so much as it is "Make the script match". I'd guess it's about the same.

I'd say it's probably Copy-pasta, but I have no idea what all goes into making text display properly on screen, so.. >_>
I tried to copy pasta once.
The sauce ran down into the copier, and then they threw me out of the library.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2008, 02:00:47 PM » by Sume Gai AGGF Master
Jaybee; I'm sorry that just didn't work, at all

IP Logged

« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2008, 02:34:46 PM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
Indeed. But it was better than a rant about 4chan, the english language, and the decline of society.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2008, 02:57:58 PM » by Sume Gai AGGF Master
only marginally...

now I want you to wear this *indicates Fa Yuiri Costume*

till you think of something better

IP Logged

« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2008, 10:11:42 PM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
The problem isn't the text (although there's some fantastic glitching once you name your brigade that I haven't dealt with yet) so much as it is all the compressed graphical text, such as the month/day/year display and mission objectives and such. It's nothing I can't handle, but it's still *really* annoying.

IP Logged

« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2008, 11:45:06 PM » by Word on the Wind Fanservice with a vengence!
Am I the only one whom thinks it's completely awesome to look at the top bar and read..

Aeon Genesis
The Definitive Version

I miss my signature.
IP Logged

« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2008, 11:46:35 PM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
Am I the only one whom thinks it's completely awesome to look at the top bar and read..

Aeon Genesis
The Definitive Version

No, no you are not.

There's another nomination for adding to the random quote generator.

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

(Read 31151 times) 1 [2] 3 4 5
Jump to: