obligatory d00d atlus!! post.

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Elysium - Gaming / Topic: Obligatory d00d atlus!! post.

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

11025 Posts, 541 Topics, 767 Members, Latest Member: metalmight

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 14524 times) [1] 2

Obligatory d00d atlus!! post.
« on: September 13, 2007, 01:05:05 PM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
Anyone else looking forward to Growlanser next week?

IP Logged

Re: Obligatory d00d atlus!! post.
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2007, 01:07:44 PM » by Duke Fleed
How do you people find Growlanser?? It seems to never be released in Canada.  And supposedly it's the best SRPG around these days.   Useless Disgaea...
IP Logged

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2007, 01:18:10 PM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
Oh, it's much better than Disgaea. Basically everyone does their own thing - you can map out routes via waypoints for your characters and target them to specific enemies or have them use specific spells, but it all moves in realtime and you can change orders at any time. It's really quite cool.

IP Logged

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2007, 05:35:56 PM » by Xeno
I remember the first three Growlansers....
Now those were some good games.

I think Kirby put on a little weight...
IP Logged

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2007, 06:19:31 PM » by EaterBrain Shin Getter's Voice of Reason
I'll play anything that has Satoshi Urushihara's artwork in it.
IP Logged

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2007, 08:59:56 AM » by Sakura77 Lost Newtype Child
I'm looking forward to it Gid, I already have it preordered, I hope it is as good as Generations

Things can always get worse...
IP Logged

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2007, 12:03:43 PM » by Gear Master Blitz
NEXT WEEK!?!? Oh, snap! I totally lost track of time! I just bought Jeanne D'Arc, so I won't have money for it. Crap, looks like I'll have to wait for Christmas now... T.T

"Hello? Dead kid speaking." -Neku Sakuraba
IP Logged

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2007, 12:36:32 PM » by Duke Fleed
Err, this is probably not one of those games you want to wait and get.  Only  a VERY small number of Growlanser games go to print.   This game comes with extras and is only about 50 bucks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BONUS!
Order Growlanser: Heritage of War and in the box you'll receive:

* 100-page, full-color art book featuring the work of Satoshi Urushihara
* multimedia disc with art and music from the game
* a keychain
* two lenticular cards
* three commemorative pins.

IP Logged

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2007, 12:50:46 PM » by Gear Master Blitz
Change of plan: I'm still gonna have to wait for Christmas, but I can at least get my parents to preorder it for me now. It'll be sitting on a shelf for a few months, but at least I know I'll have a brand new copy with all the extras waiting for me! I MUST get this game though. I got Generations when it came out, and I've been craving more ever since. In my opinion, this series is by far the best strategy/RPG series ever, and I'll go into a homicidal fury if I miss out. But since I'm lazy, I'll just poke Gon a few times and let him destroy everything for me.

"Hello? Dead kid speaking." -Neku Sakuraba
IP Logged

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2007, 01:35:54 PM » by Sakura77 Lost Newtype Child
Smart idea, Atlus half the time does collector edition stuff and prints very few games, within 3-4 months of release a game can double or more in price on Ebay and such sites.

IP Logged

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2007, 08:47:54 PM » by Ralff I don't even know who this Tomoharu guy is
Atlus has been my favorite publisher since Working Designs died.

I guess I just like publishers that barely actually produce many copies of their games but give out tons of goodies with each one.

Need I say more?
IP Logged

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2007, 09:25:28 PM » by Sentientbaka
I like Disgaea...

Is Growlanzer that good? what systems has it been on?

Energizer Bunny arrested, charged with battery.
IP Logged

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2007, 09:35:00 PM » by Duke Fleed
Disgaea, my good friend, was a fucking experience I'd like to forget. 

I sold it to a friend for 25 and used that to buy a used copy of the Gamecube fire emblem.  As far as I'm concerned I took a piece of diarrhea soaked coal and turned it into a diamond. 

I did like the various mobile suit gundam references in Disgaea FYI.
IP Logged

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2007, 10:20:54 PM » by Sentientbaka
lol that bad huh.... :p

well I am a fire emblem fan, I really like the simple rock paper scissor interface, which is deceptively simply, but complex. The flow of battle in those games is very fluid, and the idea of not being able to resurrect your units is an interesting twist. I played them quite a bit on the GBA in the hospital.

But I digress...

What systems has growlanser been on? and dose anyone wish to expand a little on the gameplay, Im intrigue...

BTW did the artist do the manga (hentai?) Chirlarity (s?), I know its an ols skool referance, anyone know? 

Energizer Bunny arrested, charged with battery.
IP Logged

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2007, 09:51:21 AM » by Sakura77 Lost Newtype Child
They been on the Psx and PS2 I believe, the way generations played (Growlanser 2 &3) was that after you chose who was going to be in battle (In 2 everyone was deployed at once) they each had commands like move, attack, cast spell, etc.  If you chose move, you posted the path the character would move in. with attack and magic you would just choose a target, spells would take time to cast and you choose what level you can cast them at i.e. higher level more damage/healing. attacking the character had to move to the enemy. It is not grid based combat.

IP Logged

(Read 14524 times) [1] 2
Jump to: