recomendations needed.

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Elysium - Gaming / Topic: Recomendations needed.

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

10991 Posts, 531 Topics, 745 Members, Latest Member: Shakku

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 13873 times) 1 [2] 3

Re: Recomendations needed.
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2008, 07:31:05 PM » by Word on the Wind Fanservice with a vengence!
Well, okay. Some of the randoms can suck out loud with the wrong ship, but you can usually get lucky with them.

Yeah, that happened not too long ago.

*Tries to fly through a narrow cavern with the biggest piece of crap there is. Fails*

I miss my signature.
IP Logged

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2008, 08:38:42 PM » by Ianator is Gaius Baltar.
Don't forget to use the B-button to make your ship go faster if you need to. Just... don't use it for the really fast ship.

Who is Gaius Baltar? HE'S THE FRAKKIN' PRESIDENT!
IP Logged

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2008, 08:43:39 PM » by Word on the Wind Fanservice with a vengence!
I'd figured that out in the intro.

Also, who the hell rated the game? It gets an E, yet it has females with sub-minimal frontal coverage, no REAR coverage whatsoever and it gets an E.

I miss my signature.
IP Logged

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2008, 09:15:44 PM » by Chaostic Dark, Light, Shadow, Time, Chaos, PIKE
I'd figured that out in the intro.

Also, who the hell rated the game? It gets an E, yet it has females with sub-minimal frontal coverage, no REAR coverage whatsoever and it gets an E.

psyme's sisters are creepy lolis
IP Logged

« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2008, 10:37:25 AM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
Well, okay. Some of the randoms can suck out loud with the wrong ship, but you can usually get lucky with them.

*Tries to fly through a narrow cavern with the biggest piece of crap there is. Fails*

Fuck you, Fire Planet. Fuck you.

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2008, 11:03:24 AM » by Word on the Wind Fanservice with a vengence!

Fuck you, Fire Planet. Fuck you.

Concured'd.

I woud also like to note that I hate that little pod ship that comes out fo that carriership. Stupid thing has no constitution whatsoever.

I miss my signature.
IP Logged

« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2008, 09:16:48 PM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
Yup.

Here's my advice, BTW. Stock bombs and gun data like it's going out of style. Multiplier data will save your arse so much when you're trying to just get through with as little trouble as possible.

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2008, 10:03:20 PM » by Galanthos
1. I absolutely refuse to play that game. Lufia's last good title was Rise of the Sinistrals and no one can refute that. Further, if I want random dungeons, I have a NetHack game in progress as a Valkyrie at Dungeon level 12, havin' cleared Minetown and Sokoban.

See, I was always of the opinion that Rise of the Sinistrals was such a good game, that it ruined the Lufia series thereafter because nothing really lived up.

The GBC Lufia (can't recall the subtitle at the moment) was actually a good game, considering the limitations of the Gameboy. I would put it up to par with just about any other Gameboy RPG, excepting maybe Pokemon, which had great production values, even if you don't like the game.

I will admit, Ruins of Lore is only as good as any other generic RPG, and really has nothing of the old Lufia games. You'd be much much better off going with Riviera for an RPG experience.
IP Logged

« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2008, 10:44:26 PM » by Word on the Wind Fanservice with a vengence!
I will agree that The Legend Returns is a good game. However, my attention span is still gettin' back to me on that one.

Anyway, Puttin' SSS on hold because the pod ship is garbage andthe bomber is damn near a death sentence. My tollerence extends only so far.

Riviera has been holdin' my attention, however I find it endlessly frustratin' to go through a long sequence area, make it to the very end and then either get screwed by the RNG decidin' to calculate damage two points short of killin' the last enemy with an L3/Exl Overskill, OR missin' somethin' because the command input was long and one's reflexive memory couldn't match up. All of this happenin' after practicin' the crap out of all that fresh new gear ye found in the last area. Whoopee...

Also, Serene = Win.

I miss my signature.
IP Logged

« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2008, 05:19:38 PM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
Riviera has been holdin' my attention, however I find it endlessly frustratin' to go through a long sequence area, make it to the very end and then either get screwed by the RNG decidin' to calculate damage two points short of killin' the last enemy with an L3/Exl Overskill, OR missin' somethin' because the command input was long and one's reflexive memory couldn't match up. All of this happenin' after practicin' the crap out of all that fresh new gear ye found in the last area. Whoopee...

Also, Serene = Win.

Yeah, I'm currently in Chapter 4 at the moment. Serene = <3, though I very much enjoy using Fia, for her absurd rapier usage and the fact she's about the closest you have to a dedicated healer. The whole one run deal for getting stuff kinda hurts to deal with, though.

IP Logged

« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2008, 10:54:14 PM » by Chaostic Dark, Light, Shadow, Time, Chaos, PIKE

Also, Serene = Win.

Yeah, I'm currently in Chapter 4 at the moment. Serene = <3, though I very much enjoy using Fia, for her absurd rapier usage and the fact she's about the closest you have to a dedicated healer. The whole one run deal for getting stuff kinda hurts to deal with, though.

well the fact it took(or is it toke) me this long to get all the endings is because I almost always got Serene's ending

it's nice that Einherjar levels up every chapter

I also like Ledah but he is awesome ;_; why?
IP Logged

« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2008, 11:13:30 PM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi

Also, Serene = Win.

well the fact it took(or is it toke) me this long to get all the endings is because I almost always got Serene's ending

it's nice that Einherjar levels up every chapter

I also like Ledah but he is awesome ;_; why?

Two words.

Lost Seraph.

IP Logged

« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2008, 08:17:29 AM » by Fnord
A question about sigma star saga: Does it get better once you get further into the game?
I really wanted to like the game.. it combines 3 things that i love: Sci-fi, 2d shooters & CRPGs... but i found the controlls to be unresponsive (at least compaired to what i'm used to. Games like ikaruga spoils you ;) )& the main characters to be uninteresting (another emo kid? *yawn*), but that is after playing about 1h...
IP Logged

« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2008, 12:18:39 PM » by Ianator is Gaius Baltar.
Ian Recker... an emo KID!?

...Seriously. Play more. One hour nets you about half of the main cast.

Who is Gaius Baltar? HE'S THE FRAKKIN' PRESIDENT!
IP Logged

« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2008, 12:58:12 AM » by Fnord
I might have judged him too early, but the early dialog made him seem like a typical CRPG-emo kid too me. Well, i guess i'll play some more, to see if he changes.
IP Logged

(Read 13873 times) 1 [2] 3
Jump to: