progress news ~ it's coming.

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Svarga - Site News / Topic: Progress News ~ It's coming.

Gon is calm
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

10949 Posts, 520 Topics, 749 Members, Latest Member: nabycoremy

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 30843 times) 1 [2]

Re: Progress News ~ It's coming.
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2008, 12:44:03 AM » by Chaostic Dark, Light, Shadow, Time, Chaos, PIKE
I find Masaru to be highly worthless. His hits lack output and the only skill he has worth usin' is Tsuda, which the Xin Shan Quan's Ryuhawan is superior to, in addition to the fact that the other Xin Shan Quan moves are just all around more useful.

Pogo's decent as a tank and damage dealer until the Xin Shan Quan hits L16. Cube makes a decent mass support, though the Xin Shan Quan will get a self-heal move (I know Yuan and Li do, not sure about Sammo) that also boosts stats (Yuan's moreso then Li's, though Li's heals more) that is instant. For the last, I don't find any of the others to be overly useful, though I suppose if his extreme squishiness is somethin' ye can put up with, Sundown's got some decent output with his gun skills.

Still I say Yuan is the best character to bring along to the fight because the Xin Shan Quan Ultimate skill (Not sure if it returns as Sengazanken or not) is instant, has no recovery or penalty and does absurdly constant damage. My first run ofthe game, Cube, Pogo and Oboro all went down, but Yuan just kept healin' and powerin' up, threw out an Sengazanken or two until the damned thing finally died.

true but I was talking about the massive hp you have before your first level up he was the only one I could get to the final boss without losing it even after the the bonus bosses in the final chapter(it helped that I only need him to fight one but, the same is true for the other heroes) I don't know about you but my cube is a awesome healer

on my last playthough I fought the final boss with Li, Cube, Akira & Masaru that worked out nicely for me but its best to try everyone in the final chapter for a few battles to see what team works best for you Zaratus.
IP Logged

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2008, 04:15:57 PM » by Sir Fuzzi
I one-shotted the Pure Odio with one use of Akira's final move. I found that rather funny.

After that I tried a one-character challenge which I will not reinitiate until A) I beat the game under the new translation (with, of course, obtaining all the secret items) and B) I've actually USED every character for the final fight. Believe it or not I've never actually used the Shin Shan Quan master for my final lineup, ever. I usually just stick with a solid Pogo, Oboro, Sunset and Cube.
IP Logged

« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2008, 07:43:49 PM » by Word on the Wind Fanservice with a vengence!
Honestly, I dun see Oboro as useful in any aspect, really. To me, he's so middle ground everythin' that he dun standout and most of his dandy moves have long charge time, which are damned near worthless in the final.

I miss my signature.
IP Logged

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2008, 11:21:31 PM » by Sir Fuzzi
With a cast that ranges from 'Useless for all but one move' (IE, Sunset), or 'Useful for mopping up hits' (IE, Masaru), 'Only excels in healing' (IE, Cube), 'Master of Status Effects' (IE, Akira) ...etc, etc... well, I came to appreciate the middle ground a lot. With all out damage, healing, and a tank/damage, having someone who could reasonably swap out and take the positions of one of my fighters in a flash was good. In retrospect, I prefer Akira to Oboro in that party simply because with some decent gear, Akira can sub as a tank, average damage or a decent healer.

Besides, as I said, I seriously managed to petrify Pure Odio with his final attack. It was awesome.

That said by the time you've got four decently-levelled members it stops being hard anyways, I always find.
IP Logged

« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2008, 06:37:52 PM » by lampshade
I don't see what's with the Masaru hating, sure he kinda sucks but with the super bandana he was a mega tank. He was able to solo Pure Odio while the other characters were killed off quickly and his tsuda technique is crazy useful from my experience.
IP Logged

« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2008, 02:12:51 AM » by Sir Fuzzi
Oh, I like him personally. Just prefer Pogo's superior damage output, is all.

I mean, serious, my Cube/Sunset/Masaru/Pogo ruined Odio. I tore that guy something fierce.

Still, I haven't truly played with the Inheretor yet, so...
IP Logged

« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2008, 09:22:41 PM » by jolly_old_saint
*tears off shirt, breathing heavily*

NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

....sorry, had to get that out of my system. Good thing I was wearing ten shirts today, just in case....

At the end of things, just-faiz the means.
http://www.youtube.com/user/jollytheoldsaint
IP Logged

« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2008, 05:41:09 PM » by Keiseth The Mimic
Huzzah! I've been eagerly awaiting this retranslation (rehack?) from my floating sky tower. LaL might be my favorite SNES game, despite its truly fierce competition.

*Puts on "Go Go Buriki Daioh!"*
IP Logged

« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2008, 11:39:54 PM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
The ticker is counting down. It's only a matter of time.

IP Logged

« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2008, 03:25:49 PM » by Chaostic Dark, Light, Shadow, Time, Chaos, PIKE
Huzzah! I've been eagerly awaiting this retranslation (rehack?) from my floating sky tower. LaL might be my favorite SNES game, despite its truly fierce competition.

*Puts on "Go Go Buriki Daioh!"*

http://youtube.com/watch?v=TPwCpx7UbiY

@ Gideon ah I'm so excited I can barely type(last time I felt like this I had just found about og ahd og getting us release
IP Logged

« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2008, 06:54:26 PM » by Tristan Kain
Okay, Gideon Zhi, when did you change all the screenshots on the Live-a-Live project page to the new version?  A few of those hadn't exactly found their way out otherwise...

I was just looking to see if you were aiming for an anniversary date before releasing it, that's how I noticed.
IP Logged

« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2008, 09:05:24 PM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
Okay, Gideon Zhi, when did you change all the screenshots on the Live-a-Live project page to the new version?  A few of those hadn't exactly found their way out otherwise...

I was just looking to see if you were aiming for an anniversary date before releasing it, that's how I noticed.

It was with one of the updates. I forget which. I could have sworn I mentioned it on the front page, but I could be wrong...

Anyway, we're aiming for the 2,000,000 hits rollover. That said, *PLEASE* do not continuously reload the page to try to kick the hit counter up faster. I'm still tinkering with it, and once I'm done we still need to do another battery of tests (though not exactly full runs - we're talking cheats and fastforwards and such on selected chapters. Fast stuff.)

IP Logged

« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2008, 01:44:40 PM » by Datschge Sakuraba Fan
That said, *PLEASE* do not continuously reload the page to try to kick the hit counter up faster.
Reloads are counted as page views, not individual visitors, so the hit counter shouldn't increase just by DoS'ing the server with reloads. WARNING, SPOILER AHEAD! What did I just write there? *knocks on wood*
IP Logged

(Read 30843 times) 1 [2]
Jump to: