stuff i've been busy with lately

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Aaru - Romhacking & Translation / Topic: Stuff I've Been Busy With Lately

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

10987 Posts, 530 Topics, 743 Members, Latest Member: brbrafns01

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 26577 times) 1 2 [3] 4

Re: Stuff I've Been Busy With Lately
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2007, 12:26:42 PM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
Well, if there's no major harm in it, it could be a fairly neat effect. You killed the guy, now watch his screen cut out on him as his robot explodes.

....Yeah, I'm just talking. Don't mind me.

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2007, 12:48:30 PM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
It does that *anyway.* The issue is that the portrait not only goes to static, but also explodes out of its boundary and into the text window, leaving some black boxes in the portrait window itself.

IP Logged

« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2007, 02:28:19 PM » by Sume Gai AGGF Master
sounds like some kinda layering error like the text box is below the portrait rather than above it (w/ a window for the speaker's face)

don't listen to me though I know next to nothing about snes roms

If you are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve  -Captain Harlock
IP Logged

« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2007, 06:11:18 PM » by Scorn
The pronounciation is still a bit off.. She is supposedly from Finland according to some faqs and as I'm from there myself, I can confirm that Tytti is an girls name, although an old one which is hardly ever given to an child anymore.
I've seen her name translated in many different ways. Like: Tootie and Tutti (which brought a small laugh when I saw it first, as it means a baby's pacifier).

This web page should help those who are interested in the correct pronounciation of Tytti:
http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/finnish.pronunciation.html

He, I had to register here after seeing there's a Finnish character the game...

In Wikipedia she's listed as 'Tootie Noorbuck'... Urgh... Tytti Norrbäck would work though. It also says she has a (male) villain called 'Lubicca Hakinnen'. Häkkinen, like the F1 driver is the real spelling of his surname of course, but his first name seems like 100% made up, or either transferred in even more bizarre way from Finnish->Japanese->English than the other names.
IP Logged

« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2007, 09:06:27 PM » by CouchTomato
You could always fix it. It is Wikipedia after all =P

=O
IP Logged

« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2007, 12:00:39 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
And it'll be reverted inside five minutes by whoever did the last version.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2007, 11:34:55 AM » by Lechise Inohara Tutonic Warrior
Which sort of proves my theory that the majority of Wiki-editors are immature children who can't admit when they're wrong, or corrupt businesses that don't want people to know whats wrong with their product *Glances at Exon and Pepsi*

"My breathing... My eyes... And my footwork! To your sight... and to your mind! Memorize these! This is Shinsanken's special... Sengazanken!" - Roshi
IP Logged

« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2007, 07:47:08 PM » by Dais
Given the sheer size it's grown to, most of the strength Wikipedia has is drawn from the reliability of the information that is provided. If someone doesn't take the time to back up an edit (especially one that, at first glance, can appear to be vandalism or an unsupported difference in opinion), it's not surprising their edit is reverted.

(Wikipedia is still pretty rotten, but too many treat it like it's completely useless and nonsensical in it's workings)

That said, stuff like the proper translations/romanizations of SRW names is some meaningles, meaningless shit.
IP Logged

« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2007, 07:58:09 PM » by jolly_old_saint
Blah blah words. I'm calling her Titty.

If only we could all be so innocently like-minded.

At the end of things, just-faiz the means.
http://www.youtube.com/user/jollytheoldsaint
IP Logged

« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2007, 01:41:23 PM » by Bastard king Seriously? Dood!
It's a talent.
IP Logged

« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2007, 03:34:26 PM » by Corsair Space pirate?
Given the sheer size it's grown to, most of the strength Wikipedia has is drawn from the reliability of the information that is provided. If someone doesn't take the time to back up an edit (especially one that, at first glance, can appear to be vandalism or an unsupported difference in opinion), it's not surprising their edit is reverted.

(Wikipedia is still pretty rotten, but too many treat it like it's completely useless and nonsensical in it's workings)

That said, stuff like the proper translations/romanizations of SRW names is some meaningles, meaningless shit.

I miss the days when wikipedia was a lot more sketchy and the information was dubious at best. it seemed a lot more interesting than the "just the facts, ma'am" approach it seems to ahve taken. I'm a little bit disgusted  by all the "THIS ARTICLE NEEDS CLEANING UP LOLOLOL" templates you see on just about every sinle page, andthe discouraging of trivia sections....can you say "facism?"

METAL.
IP Logged

« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2007, 03:43:38 PM » by Shadow The Ace Hunter
Trivia sections? Where does a trivia fit in an encyclopedia? o_O

There are quiz sites for that kind of thing, and Wikipedia is certainly not one of them. :P
IP Logged

« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2007, 05:30:53 PM » by Corsair Space pirate?
Information is information, inerestin information is interestin infomation.

Since when did Iron maiden belong in an encyclopedia? or information regarding scatological sexual fetisisms?

METAL.
IP Logged

« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2007, 09:08:10 AM » by Shadow The Ace Hunter
A trivia is a game. It provides/tests information, but it's still a game.
IP Logged

« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2007, 10:51:15 AM » by Corsair Space pirate?
Trivial pursuit is a game. Trivia is trivial information.

METAL.
IP Logged

(Read 26577 times) 1 2 [3] 4
Jump to: