The Pantheon
June 05, 2020, 12:36:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Major Release News ~ Two Million Hits! Live-A-Live v2.0 Deluxe Released!  (Read 71728 times)
Adamjirra
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2008, 03:50:04 AM »

And now my weekend has become worthless. Thank you Gid, thank you soooooo much, this promises to be nothing short of epic. Again.
IP Logged
jolly_old_saint
Cleric

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2008, 05:53:29 PM »

You WOULD release this when my computer's out for repairs....you evil bastard.
IP Logged

At the end of things, just-faiz the means.
http://www.youtube.com/user/jollytheoldsaint
Big Z
Initiate

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2008, 08:32:53 PM »

Another huge release from the Aeon Genesis crew! I had an absolute blast with Metal Max Returns, I can't wait to see what Live-A-Live has to offer.
IP Logged
Tristan Kain
Initiate

« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2008, 07:47:03 AM »

Just finished my run through last night - AWESOME upgrade to the original!

I'm still trying to figure out how the #%^# you managed to get the font to change on the fly in the middle of the same -text bubble-...

Only a couple cosmetic glitches that I saw (mostly the + to stats on the item descriptions being half overwritten, and Akira's 'END' was the only one that looked modified and I kinda miss the o-wa-ri from before, somehow seemed fitting).

Great job, Gid!  I wonder if there are any other early AG patches you're quietly upgrading on the side... <.<
IP Logged
Gideon Zhi
Archmagus
Cleric

« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2008, 09:11:33 AM »

I'm still trying to figure out how the #%^# you managed to get the font to change on the fly in the middle of the same -text bubble-...

Yeah, that's a really cool effect, isn't it? Probably my favorite overall improvement.

It's actually pretty simple. The game initializes to a "default" font for every single text window (the system menu font.) At any time I can tell it to print a different font - usually, it's done at the start of the string, before any text displays. In those specific instances, however, I just inserted multiple font-change codes in random places throughout the text, like an HTML tag.

But yeah, you gotta love that effect :D
IP Logged

Chibi Kami
Beta Tester
Deacon

« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2008, 11:31:47 AM »

I figured all you did was make use of the tiles for the 20 or so pages of Kanji that were initially reserved for the Kung-Fu chapter.

Incidentally, you misspelled the name of the Mother Computer in the future chapter as 01-D0. This mistake was also present in the first attempt at translating, so I'm actually guessing this was Square's fault and you just input what you saw.
IP Logged

The power of love is the most chaotic and destructive force in the known universe.
Warserebii
Initiate

« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2008, 12:23:18 PM »

I'm having trouble getting the patch to work, how to most people here apply the patch to the ROM?
IP Logged
Word on the Wind
Sentinel
Cleric

« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2008, 01:25:38 PM »

Read the ReadMe.
IP Logged

I miss my signature.
Warserebii
Initiate

« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2008, 01:28:08 PM »

I did, it didn't help @-@ I'll reread it to be sure
IP Logged
Warserebii
Initiate

« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2008, 01:39:53 PM »

I use SNESYK, maybe that's the problem
IP Logged
Word on the Wind
Sentinel
Cleric

« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2008, 07:50:25 PM »

By the way, Gid, I've been meanin' to ask...

Why's Mad Dog yer avatar?
IP Logged

I miss my signature.
Sir Fuzzi
Initiate

« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2008, 10:22:51 PM »

Actually I have this program, LunarIPS I think? I'd recommend getting it. You click it and tell all .IPS files to read as files for it. Then, you click your patches and you click the ROM when prompted. REALLY easy.

If you actually use the method I'll bother explaining it so it can be comprehended.
IP Logged
Warserebii
Initiate

« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2008, 12:10:44 AM »

where can I get it?
IP Logged
jolly_old_saint
Cleric

« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2008, 09:30:22 AM »

By the way, Gid, I've been meanin' to ask...

Why's Mad Dog yer avatar?

'Cause he's mad, dog.

...that was tasteless. I apologise.
IP Logged

At the end of things, just-faiz the means.
http://www.youtube.com/user/jollytheoldsaint
MarkD
Initiate

« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2008, 11:10:07 AM »

I'd like to thank everybody involved in the project for this great release! 'been looking forward to it for a while and have already started playing. The only noticeable bug is that the stats from the equipment screen get printed somewhat to the main menu in ZSNES 1.51, but I'm sure you guys already know about that one.

A question: Does anybody know the different between Atk and St? And the difference between Def and Vt? It would be nice if there was an explanation for that somewhere, 'cause I haven't found it yet.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: