major release news ~ two million hits! live-a-live v2.0 deluxe released!

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Svarga - Site News / Topic: Major Release News ~ Two Million Hits! Live-A-Live v2.0 Deluxe Released!

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

11025 Posts, 541 Topics, 767 Members, Latest Member: metalmight

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 54753 times) 1 [2] 3 4

Re: Major Release News ~ Two Million Hits!
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2008, 07:50:04 AM » by Adamjirra
And now my weekend has become worthless. Thank you Gid, thank you soooooo much, this promises to be nothing short of epic. Again.
IP Logged

Re: Major Release News ~ Two Million Hits! Live-A-Live v2.0 Deluxe Released!
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2008, 09:53:29 PM » by jolly_old_saint
You WOULD release this when my computer's out for repairs....you evil bastard.

At the end of things, just-faiz the means.
http://www.youtube.com/user/jollytheoldsaint
IP Logged

« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2008, 12:32:53 AM » by Big Z
Another huge release from the Aeon Genesis crew! I had an absolute blast with Metal Max Returns, I can't wait to see what Live-A-Live has to offer.
IP Logged

« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2008, 11:47:03 AM » by Tristan Kain
  Just finished my run through last night - AWESOME upgrade to the original!

I'm still trying to figure out how the #%^# you managed to get the font to change on the fly in the middle of the same -text bubble-...

Only a couple cosmetic glitches that I saw (mostly the + to stats on the item descriptions being half overwritten, and Akira's 'END' was the only one that looked modified and I kinda miss the o-wa-ri from before, somehow seemed fitting).

Great job, Gid!  I wonder if there are any other early AG patches you're quietly upgrading on the side... <.<
IP Logged

« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2008, 01:11:33 PM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
I'm still trying to figure out how the #%^# you managed to get the font to change on the fly in the middle of the same -text bubble-...

Yeah, that's a really cool effect, isn't it? Probably my favorite overall improvement.

It's actually pretty simple. The game initializes to a "default" font for every single text window (the system menu font.) At any time I can tell it to print a different font - usually, it's done at the start of the string, before any text displays. In those specific instances, however, I just inserted multiple font-change codes in random places throughout the text, like an HTML tag.

But yeah, you gotta love that effect :D

IP Logged

« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2008, 03:31:47 PM » by Chibi Kami
I figured all you did was make use of the tiles for the 20 or so pages of Kanji that were initially reserved for the Kung-Fu chapter.

Incidentally, you misspelled the name of the Mother Computer in the future chapter as 01-D0. This mistake was also present in the first attempt at translating, so I'm actually guessing this was Square's fault and you just input what you saw.

The power of love is the most chaotic and destructive force in the known universe.
IP Logged

« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2008, 04:23:18 PM » by Warserebii
I'm having trouble getting the patch to work, how to most people here apply the patch to the ROM?
IP Logged

« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2008, 05:25:38 PM » by Word on the Wind Fanservice with a vengence!
Read the ReadMe.

I miss my signature.
IP Logged

« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2008, 05:28:08 PM » by Warserebii
I did, it didn't help @-@ I'll reread it to be sure
IP Logged

« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2008, 05:39:53 PM » by Warserebii
I use SNESYK, maybe that's the problem
IP Logged

« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2008, 11:50:25 PM » by Word on the Wind Fanservice with a vengence!
By the way, Gid, I've been meanin' to ask...

Why's Mad Dog yer avatar?

I miss my signature.
IP Logged

« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2008, 02:22:51 AM » by Sir Fuzzi
Actually I have this program, LunarIPS I think? I'd recommend getting it. You click it and tell all .IPS files to read as files for it. Then, you click your patches and you click the ROM when prompted. REALLY easy.

If you actually use the method I'll bother explaining it so it can be comprehended.
IP Logged

« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2008, 04:10:44 AM » by Warserebii
where can I get it?
IP Logged

« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2008, 01:30:22 PM » by jolly_old_saint
By the way, Gid, I've been meanin' to ask...

Why's Mad Dog yer avatar?

'Cause he's mad, dog.

...that was tasteless. I apologise.

At the end of things, just-faiz the means.
http://www.youtube.com/user/jollytheoldsaint
IP Logged

« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2008, 03:10:07 PM » by MarkD
I'd like to thank everybody involved in the project for this great release! 'been looking forward to it for a while and have already started playing. The only noticeable bug is that the stats from the equipment screen get printed somewhat to the main menu in ZSNES 1.51, but I'm sure you guys already know about that one.

A question: Does anybody know the different between Atk and St? And the difference between Def and Vt? It would be nice if there was an explanation for that somewhere, 'cause I haven't found it yet.
IP Logged

(Read 54753 times) 1 [2] 3 4
Jump to: