major release news ~ two million hits! live-a-live v2.0 deluxe released!

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Svarga - Site News / Topic: Major Release News ~ Two Million Hits! Live-A-Live v2.0 Deluxe Released!

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

11043 Posts, 545 Topics, 780 Members, Latest Member: jnmoors01

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 57373 times) 1 2 [3] 4

Re: Major Release News ~ Two Million Hits!
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2008, 04:03:25 PM » by Word on the Wind Fanservice with a vengence!
A question: Does anybody know the different between Atk and St? And the difference between Def and Vt? It would be nice if there was an explanation for that somewhere, 'cause I haven't found it yet.

ATK and Def at yer Weapon and Armor's direct modifiers, while Str and Con/Vit are character based modifiers. Some attacks factor weapons and armor into the equation, others not. A good example would be Pogo's Bash Bash as a Weapon attack, while his Bang Bang is strictly Str based.

A good example of Def/Vit would be to give Bel the Wild Dress. Makes her Def stupidly high, but her natural stats are notabley poor. Meanwhile, Gori has abismal gear available but is rather sturdy. Havin' them take a rend attack from a Saber Tooth will wound Bel far more then Gori. Meanwhile, other attacks (Granted none gome to mind at present) that have to contend more with Armor will find Bel the harder target to damage.

I miss my signature.
IP Logged

« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2008, 04:10:58 PM » by Warserebii
I managed to find a emulator the game works on, but for some reason after I stopped play, the game save seems to have deleted itself, sending me back WAY far into the game. What happened?
IP Logged

Re: Major Release News ~ Two Million Hits! Live-A-Live v2.0 Deluxe Released!
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2008, 06:09:11 PM » by Word on the Wind Fanservice with a vengence!
Ye need to save S-RAM data.

I miss my signature.
IP Logged

« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2008, 06:14:17 PM » by Warserebii
I did, I'd stopped and started several times, dunno why it suddenly erased so much of my save
IP Logged

« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2008, 07:59:23 PM » by MarkD
A question: Does anybody know the different between Atk and St? And the difference between Def and Vt? It would be nice if there was an explanation for that somewhere, 'cause I haven't found it yet.

ATK and Def at yer Weapon and Armor's direct modifiers, while Str and Con/Vit are character based modifiers. Some attacks factor weapons and armor into the equation, others not. A good example would be Pogo's Bash Bash as a Weapon attack, while his Bang Bang is strictly Str based.

A good example of Def/Vit would be to give Bel the Wild Dress. Makes her Def stupidly high, but her natural stats are notabley poor. Meanwhile, Gori has abismal gear available but is rather sturdy. Havin' them take a rend attack from a Saber Tooth will wound Bel far more then Gori. Meanwhile, other attacks (Granted none gome to mind at present) that have to contend more with Armor will find Bel the harder target to damage.
Wow... talk about strange unducumented behavior. :) Thank you for the quick reply and great explanation!
IP Logged

« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2008, 02:57:38 AM » by Zaratus
Just finished the game - the last boss was much easier than I remembered.  I must have powered up more this time. =P 

I can't believe I had trouble with it the first time around, I must have really rushed through the final chapter. 

Well, I seem to have messed something up anyhow - I was trying to get the 'normal' ending first, but it seems I am unable to at the moment.  Checking into it, it said you have to have each character JOIN at least once, but it seems just having them offer to join is good enough.  The only one I didn't have enter my party at all was Masaru, although I spoke with him, yet it appears that the good ending went ahead regardless.

So, anyway, what's the difference in the ending then? 
IP Logged

« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2008, 09:10:33 AM » by yuka
Hi,
Thanks to everyone involved in the project, I looove the game!

I just a noticed one typo, I don't think it's been mentioned yet:

In the near future chapter, right after Kazu was abducted and rescued, you find yourself inside Chibbiko's house. If you read the director's mind, instead of "Watanabe", he mentions "Watanbe".

That's my small contribution! ^^

Thanks again!
IP Logged

« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2008, 09:49:46 AM » by Indogutsu
Hello everyone, I am Indogutsu Tenbuki, an amateur (RPG Maker 2000) game designer, MIDI musician, and emulation enthusiast.

First of all, I must express my most heartfelt gratitude to Gideon Zhi and the Aeon Genesis team for giving us English-speakers the chance to play one of Squaresoft's most creative and fun, yet frequently overlooked, titles. I've been a fan of the game since the first translation was released on Christmas 2001; its story, characters, and soundtrack have inspired me greatly. In fact, my current RPG Maker project is a continuation of the Dragon Quest IV story, in which the protagonist is initially well-meaning, but gradually descends deeper into vice and hatred as a result of others' unkindness.

In short, thank you for another wonderful translation, and Square Enix should remake THIS game instead of giving us yet another Final Fantasy rehash.
IP Logged

« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2008, 09:55:57 AM » by Word on the Wind Fanservice with a vengence!
I still say there should be a Pirate chapter.

I miss my signature.
IP Logged

« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2008, 10:08:24 AM » by Indogutsu
Oh, I forgot to ask you... Is there a place where I could get Windows versions of the fonts used in the LAL v2.0 translation? Those are by far the most notable additions to the new version, in my opinion, and I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw O(e)rsted use two different fonts in the same text box. It was very late at night and I thought I was dreaming, or hallucinating...

"No more love or peace in my world... All that remains is DaRkNeSS..." or something like that.

I did notice a few translation errors, though. For example, the item "Algos's Eye" (Item 08) is supposed to be "Eye of Argus," (or Argos) since it refers to the story of Argus Panoptes in Greek mythology.

Since you receive the King's Fang (Item 4B) from King Mammoth, isn't it supposed to be a tusk and not a fang? Japanese has the same word for both (kiba).

Item B4 is translated as "Mastu Rocket" in the new translation. Shouldn't it be a locket and not a rocket, though? It can be equipped as an accessory. Also, you must've misspelled Matsu's name by accident.

Good call on some of the new item and skill translations! The English names for Oboro-maru's techs made them easier to remember and apply in battle. And changing the dresses in the medieval and final chapters (Items 13, E8, E9) into robes was another good idea, since all but two of the playable characters are male!
IP Logged

« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2008, 11:11:48 AM » by Word on the Wind Fanservice with a vengence!
And changing the dresses in the medieval and final chapters (Items 13, E8, E9) into robes was another good idea, since all but two of the playable characters are male!

There's Li aaaaand... Whom else?

I miss my signature.
IP Logged

« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2008, 11:17:51 AM » by Indogutsu
Bel (Beru in the first translation and in Japanese)
IP Logged

« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2008, 12:36:05 PM » by Word on the Wind Fanservice with a vengence!
Whom isn't available in the final chapter and thus a moot point.

I miss my signature.
IP Logged

« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2008, 03:26:14 PM » by Mr Guy
Lucky guys, I can't even get it to play! I patch it, run it, and it just shows a black screen! :( I fast forward it, and the emulator's screen turns red for a sec. Then nothing happens again! I may not have waited as long as some people here for the patch, but it's annoying when, all day in school you can't wait to play a game, only to have it not work. I dunno if it's the ROM, the patching program (Lunar Expansion), or my emulator (I use SNES9X). If any help is given, I will greatly appreciate it.
IP Logged

« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2008, 04:37:28 PM » by Dsvaun
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 04:42:01 PM by Dsvaun »
Same thing happens to me with a few of the games I use.  Try a rom from a different site than the one you used.
IP Logged

(Read 57373 times) 1 2 [3] 4
Jump to: