aggf arc 3

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Gan Eden - General Discussion / Topic: AGGF arc 3

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

11027 Posts, 542 Topics, 770 Members, Latest Member: Drdarylmorgan34

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 142306 times) 1 [2] 3 4 ... 33

Re: AGGF arc 3
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2008, 12:46:51 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
-Present, AGGF base. Lounge.
*Jaybee walks in*

God DAMN that was a lot of paperwork!
I think I'm finally through with it.
I can't believe Britai shovelled ALL OF IT onto me.

At least restoring the colonial maps was easy enough. Once we reopened the Galactic Network link, it was just a matter of entering the right passcodes and we downloaded maps from everyone else. Hooray for BitTorrent!

Anyways...
Obviously, I'll be fighting the Titans.
I'd call in some favors, but I can't bring in anything the UNS can't order back themselves.
And with all the chaos in the galaxy lately, I don''t think we can raise a significant fighting force any time soon.
I wouldn't expect anything more than the VF-11s we saw back at the moon during operation SRW. They're qualified, sure. But they can't hold the city forever.

There's a bunch of Ghost drones too, but they aren't programmed for independent combat. You can use them to beef up a squadron, but you can't just throw them out there and tell them to fight.
These are the old-school silicon-brain ones, not the infamous neural-chip prototype from Project Supernova. Don't worry about them going crazy on us... though to be honest, I wouldn't mind the X-9 right now. The thing was damn good in a fight.

Oh, yeah... I found a little time between paper mountains for some good ol' infilitration and sabotage. The results should be of interest to everyone here.

*Jaybee holds up a disk, and twirls it in his fingers*

I hold in my hands the last remaining copy of the Big Zam Kai plans in the galaxy.
Without this disk, producing a new BeeZeeKay would be difficult. Not impossible, mind you. Just difficult.

*Jaybee suddenly clenches his fist, shattering the disk*

Between this and the fact that we were dropping them like flies, I think we've seen the last of THAT monstrosity.
Word on the street is the Titans consider the entire thing a giant train-wreck, so I doubt they'll expend the resources to rebuild it.

*BEE-BEE-BEEP*
Hang on a sec... that beep means I need to check this.
*Jaybee starts reading aloud*
Jay, be advised that The Titans are developing a new SEED-based mobile weapon. Codenamed Destroy Gundam. They could potentially deploy the prototype it in combat during the Macross City assault, if the kinks are smoothed out. Agents are working to ensure it stays kinked. Specs are as follows...
*Jaybee skims the specs, then curses*
Come ON! Can't we EVER catch a break? I finally nail one super-weapon down, and they birth another one that's almost exactly the same!

"What, you think you can't drop one more inefficient, over-engineered super-weapon? That's not the Jaybee I know."

It's not that I don't think we CAN, it's that I'm sick of HAVING TO. Finding and exploiting the weak points is dangerous work.
Now explain to me again why you're still making my life difficult, Shara.

"Because this is where the action is. You know as well as I do that all the paperwork was filled out before the Focker left. I'm officially reassigned to the Sol system defensive fleet."

I still say that's bullshit. The REAL action's out in the colonies right now. Where you were originally assigned.

"It's the only answer you're getting, so live with it."

Whatever.

So, chief...  do we have a plan? Or are we just gonna drop into the fray with all guns blazing?
I'm not averse to the idea, but the Titans have numerical superiority.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2008, 07:24:40 AM » by Tyria Mad Scientist, Division of Aberration Creation
All right, Andrew, already got your blood samples and exposed them to the virus, the results should be out by the evening.

Jaybee, if the enemy is using a MS, you could aways fly fast and droop a crapload of missiles on the cockpit area, as far as I know, they still didn't find a effective anti-live ammo protection.

I also have been working on doing some shot ilegal broadcasts and spreading rumours on the network. As far as I know, it's better than nothing. And also, I think doing very detained images of Titans techs doing fake images about us should spread at least some small doubt if nothing else.
IP Logged

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2008, 07:45:09 AM » by Sakura77 Lost Newtype Child
-Mao Industries-
   -Communications Room-

Commander Gai, I've just recieved word about the forthcoming attack on Macross City. If need be I can send Kina to help out since I'll still have the V2 here just in case. In addition to the projects that I have been assisting with, Mao has recently completed the Docking Platform for Dinah giving Kina fold capabilities and a few attacks able to sink a fleet. If you need anything just send me a message.

Sakura out.

Things can always get worse...
IP Logged

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2008, 05:36:41 PM » by Sume Gai AGGF Master
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 05:38:28 PM by Sume Gai »
/AGGF main base/

well things aren't looking good; the titan's numerical advantage is staggering  it looks like plan E might be our only option here

Javbee, I need to know, is the old mass driver in Macross city still working?

also can the civilian population be evacuated from the city?

(OOC::Sakura the Dinah can already "fold" on it's own as it did in XS 2)

If you are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve  -Captain Harlock
IP Logged

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2008, 10:04:16 PM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
Jaybee, if the enemy is using a MS, you could aways fly fast and droop a crapload of missiles on the cockpit area, as far as I know, they still didn't find a effective anti-live ammo protection.
It's SEED tech. They have phase shit armor, which is quite effective against bullets and missiles.

On the upside... phase shift is weak against beam weaponry.
If we can get a pilot in the Double-Zeta, we might can convince them the Destroy is a dead-end.
That's assuming it makes it to the battle. I'm hoping the saboteurs can keep it down.

(OoC: Mainly, the BZK/Destroy bit was just to get rid of a custom enemy mech and replace it with a standard equivalent. Makes for a cleaner thread. There's no pressure to start rolling Destroys out right off the bat.)

Javbee, I need to know, is the old mass driver in Macross city still working?

also can the civilian population be evacuated from the city?
The mass driver? That just might work.
It's not capable of sending a package to Luna anymore, but it should still be functional.
We'll have to get someone to start it warming up ASAP. It'll take 48 hours before it's ready to fire if everything goes smoothly. I'll get you a connection and you can start coordinating things.

I don't think we can get everyone out of the city, especially not with the Titans surrounding it. But the Macross is back in Macross Lake, and it's still a viable emergency shelter.
If need be, we could even set another city up inside it, though I certainly hope things don't come to that.  What would we call it? New Old Macross City? Doesn't exactly roll off the tongue.

The UNS has destroids deployed around the city limits. That oughta buy us some time. They got a bad rap after Space War 1, but they're in their element here.
Most mobile suits are largely ground-based. If they start taking to the air, the Defenders will bring most designs back down faster than you can say "lousy aerodynamics."
Minovsky scattering may interfere with missile targeting, but... against a force that large, spray and pray is pretty effective.

Once they enter close-quarters combat, though, they're screwed. The Spartans are the only things down there built for melee, and they're not going to last long against beam sabers.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2008, 11:00:06 PM » by Sume Gai AGGF Master
to be honest Jaybee we may need to abandon Macross City

right now things are 20 to 1 against UNS; those aren't bad odds to us but to UNS it would be a massacre.

the Metatron and Akagane can exit the atmosphere on their own (or with a simple booster) but the Duragreiz would need the aid of the mass driver. I have a place where we can go but the civilians are another matter.

IP Logged

« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2008, 12:26:29 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
*Jaybee sighs*
I'd really hate to see that happen. The Titans care much for history, and they'll probably smash the hell out of the place.
No one really appreciates how much we lost in the zentradi attack. They only think in terms of people and resources, not the cultural and historical damage. Macross City is the oldest city on the planet. Hell, in all of human space.

But we can get the civilians out in the Macross. It'll be a cold day in Hell before one of those Titan dogs sets foot in THERE.
*Jaybee cracks his knuckles*
I'll see to that myself if I have to.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2008, 01:28:16 AM » by Andrew The Dragon Knight
JayBee, I'll back you up, if I need to. I've been to Macross City myself a few times, and, I must say, I like seeing the sights and learning the history.

My current inventory is: One transforming katana, one flight suit, one Caster, various Caster shells, one gallant (including stock and barrel) and an optimistic attitude.
IP Logged

« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2008, 01:36:02 AM » by Sume Gai AGGF Master
I don't like it personally, but as long as the Macross survives that history won't be lost

I just don't see anyway to win this time as we're facing several thousand units with the weakest being Barzams.

tell me Jaybee is there a colony world that UNS could use as a new base of operations?

IP Logged

« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2008, 05:12:33 AM » by Tyria Mad Scientist, Division of Aberration Creation
Well, that just means you'll have to fly fast and skewer the pilot with a beam saber them...good, less ammo waste.
IP Logged

« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2008, 05:25:23 AM » by Sume Gai AGGF Master
/AGGF main Base/
/Briefing room/

Tyria, have you seen how many guns that thing has?

and don't forget about the positron reflectors...

IP Logged

« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2008, 07:46:44 AM » by Sakura77 Lost Newtype Child
-AGGF Base-
   -Hangar-

*Dinah with Docking Platform flies in and lands

Astonage: What the?

Kina: Could you tell Commander Gai that Sakura-sama sent me to help out. She said that with my docking platform I can use X-BUSTER POWERED which is ten times more powerful than X-BUSTER.

Things can always get worse...
IP Logged

« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2008, 07:53:03 AM » by Tyria Mad Scientist, Division of Aberration Creation
Yeah, but even so, it's mostly long range weapons to hit strong and slow targets.

Besides, Jaybee is a great pilot, if someone can pull that out, it's him.
IP Logged

« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2008, 10:45:22 PM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
I appreciate the vote of confidence, Tyria.
But it's not something I'm eager to test if I can avoid it.

Worst-case scenario, I suppose I could...
*Jaybee winces*
Never mind. I'm getting headaches just THINKING about trying that stunt I pulled on my double.

Anyways, worst-case scenario, the UN would pull out to New Eden. I think they'd prefer the oldest colony, barring extenuating circumstances.
Personally, I think they should relocate to Camanis if they intend to move. It's a lot easier to defend.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2008, 08:33:10 AM » by Tyria Mad Scientist, Division of Aberration Creation
Hmn...did we keep track on the moves of Neo Zeon, maybe they will show up to help too. After all, the Titans WILL BE attacking space colonists it's the perfect chance for them to gather support.
IP Logged

(Read 142306 times) 1 [2] 3 4 ... 33
Jump to: