aggf arc 3

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Gan Eden - General Discussion / Topic: AGGF arc 3

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

10989 Posts, 531 Topics, 744 Members, Latest Member: k4ra187

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 131831 times) 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 33

Re: AGGF arc 3
« Reply #105 on: June 27, 2008, 02:13:26 PM » by Andrew The Dragon Knight
Yeah, really...
You nearly chopped my gunpod in half.

Sorry about that, JayBee. I didn't see you until after the attack.

My current inventory is: One transforming katana, one flight suit, one Caster, various Caster shells, one gallant (including stock and barrel) and an optimistic attitude.
IP Logged

« Reply #106 on: June 27, 2008, 09:34:07 PM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
No worries. You DID miss.

Now then.... let's get those GN-Xes out of the air.

Jaybee twitches a control, and the music shifts from Info High to Time To Come.

Hmmm, that's more appropriate for the Huckey, really...

And another twitch brings up Shao Pai Lon.

Whoa... didn't realize I had this one.
Seems appropriate somehow...

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #107 on: June 27, 2008, 10:10:48 PM » by Sume Gai AGGF Master
realizing they are the last of thier group besides the ships the GN-Xs from up and start firing

If you are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve  -Captain Harlock
IP Logged

« Reply #108 on: June 28, 2008, 12:12:16 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
Are these guys seriously trying to DEATH BLOSSOM us? Without the proper hardware?
I'm insulted. For so-called aces, they aren't very impressive.

Jaybee flips to battroid, opens the throttle, dances through the laser hailstorm, and reverses thrust right in the center of the formation.

Yeah, shoot me now. I DARE you. I DOUBLE-DOG-DARE you.
Never mind, I'll go first.

The VF-25 blasts one mech as it starts to turn around, roasts a second with it's head lasers an instant later, then drops the empty gunpod and knifes a third. It boosts free as the remaining GN-Xes actually start getting their weapons turned around. He shakes his head in wonder.

Honestly... spray and pray?

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #109 on: June 29, 2008, 12:36:21 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
Jaybee does a few quick maneuvers in fighter mode, drops in behind the last GN-X, and fires a particle beam.
Is that all of them?

They put up a pretty good fight, blind-fire episode or not.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #110 on: June 29, 2008, 01:20:28 AM » by Sume Gai AGGF Master
Gai returns from unsuccessfully trying  to contact the shuttle

well there are still the ships.... but I think Andrew should use them as practice

and why don't you put the 25 through the rest of it's paces

once we're through here I'm goin to recover that shuttle.

IP Logged

« Reply #111 on: June 29, 2008, 02:29:12 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
I think the trial by fire's pretty much proven the little white dragon's got fangs.

I'm almost out of reaction mass in the super packs. Gonna head back, unmount them, and see how it handles naked.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #112 on: June 29, 2008, 02:38:59 AM » by Andrew The Dragon Knight
SRX, you heard the man. Let's take care of the enemy ships.

*Transforms G-Sword into sword mode*

My current inventory is: One transforming katana, one flight suit, one Caster, various Caster shells, one gallant (including stock and barrel) and an optimistic attitude.
IP Logged

« Reply #113 on: June 29, 2008, 05:39:54 AM » by Ianator is Gaius Baltar.
T-Link system, contact!

...Have I ever told you guys how much I love taking out capital ships? 'Cuz I really do.

Who is Gaius Baltar? HE'S THE FRAKKIN' PRESIDENT!
IP Logged

« Reply #114 on: June 29, 2008, 08:44:16 PM » by Sume Gai AGGF Master
with the ships being slashed to ribbons Gai returned his attention to the shuttle

It could easily be a bomb. in which case bringing it back to the ship could prove a bad Idea.

if we were to blow it up it might prove a trap for propaganda.  The same holds true for letting it drift. ..

I was able to determine that the Life support system is still working.  but I can't tell if there is anyone alive in there...

definitely a difficult conundrum...

(OOC: Chaostic I'm waiting on you...)

IP Logged

« Reply #115 on: June 30, 2008, 08:04:09 AM » by Chaostic Dark, Light, Shadow, Time, Chaos, PIKE
(ooc: Ack sorry)

Chaostic(in disguise) : ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz huh wha ahhhhh! Thanks guys, you saved my life! To tell the truth I was on my way to the moon when I got caught in a meteor shower. The damage knocked out most of the ships systems
IP Logged

« Reply #116 on: June 30, 2008, 09:46:48 AM » by Sume Gai AGGF Master
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 07:53:46 PM by Sume Gai »
/Akagane/
/hanger/

good thing you floated to where I could see you.

tell me did the flight recorder data survive? I heard rumors of a weapon called the Storm Cannon and that shower might not have been accidental.

IP Logged

« Reply #117 on: June 30, 2008, 10:16:32 PM » by Sakura77 Lost Newtype Child
-Mao Industries-
    -Hangar-

*Sakura is looking over the V2 with all three packs fully integrated with each other

I didn't realize that the Funnel Assault Buster pack would slow it down so much. Even with the improvement in the twin Minovsky drive thrusters I haven't been able to break even yet.

*Ryoto walks in

Ryoto, I need your opinion about a plan that I have involving the V2.

Ryoto: You already have it loaded to the gills, what else do you need?

I want to add two more Minovsky drive thrusters to boost the preformance and give me more options in combat.

Ryoto: The main problem with that is there's no room for anything else due to the FAB pack. To add more thrusters we would have to rebuild the V2. I don't think you want to do that do you?

No, it's too much trouble and takes too long. I just would like it to preform similar to it's original design of high mobility without sacrificing it's firepower.

Ryoto: It's a trade-off that most aces have to make when customizing their machine. I understand why you are customizing the V2 instead of Exia and Dinah.

Both of them are complete and unable to be modified. I want to be able to adapt to any role considering what the Titans are doing may just be a omen of things to come because Kina sent me a message saying that she's picked up several readings of dimensional jumps into our universe.

Ryoto: I assume the Miss Ring and your commander have been informed?

I had Kina inform Commander Gai and I told Ring what I could but, we have to deal with the Titans first.

Things can always get worse...
IP Logged

« Reply #118 on: July 01, 2008, 12:02:58 AM » by Dsvaun
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 12:08:51 AM by Dsvaun »
ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzz....Establishing contact
Two video files recieved from Dsvaun
Note from sender:  I have sent two video recordings to the AGGF, both will open at a set time to ensure that the message is not intercepted and viewed before the AGGF are able to view it.  These video files contain information that may be CRITICAL to our very survival.  I will not discuss the contents of the videos before they open themselves.  I will make a note about the first video.  TYRIA SUCKS!!!!!!!!!

(OoC:This is just my attempt to make a transition back into this forum.  The continuing posts will be essential to my backstory, though it may not be obvious at first(Give it some time, I'll build it up).  As for the Tyria sucks comment, I'm just kidding, but I'll make it clear in my next posting)
IP Logged

« Reply #119 on: July 01, 2008, 01:22:49 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
Jaybee steps out from behind the VF-25
Sakura, I think you may be going overboard in the mods.

If you ask me, you should focus on versatility in the hanger.
Mount the expansion packs you need immediately before you launch, and ONLY the packs you need. You don't need to carry the buster cannon into every battle, so... don't carry the buster cannon into every battle.

The Victory series is adopting an approach that's served UN Spacey well for many years.
A base V2 or variable fighter is a serviceable mech in a wide variety of situations. But by adding external "packs" you can tune it for more specialized roles.

On a VF you can often adjust the base weapons loadout too, but mobile suits don't seem to keep the same array of weaponry in stock. I'd look into getting some spare guns for your V2.
Beam rifles are all well and good, but get some rapid fire weapons. An old Zaku machinegun may not have quite the same flair, but it's a lot more useful against a fast-moving target. Single-shot rifles have their limits, regardless of how powerful they are.

And Ryoto, you should know better than to say you can't add thrusters to external packs. Especially not when there's a super-equipped  VF parked 2 bays down.
I don't think it's the solution here, though. The V2 has plenty of verniers, and it would need some pretty beefy thrust upgrades to be worth it. If you add enough engine to be really useful, you'll increase the hit area a lot.
And I don't think you'll see the kind of gains the VF-1 got out of it, since the V2 already HAS pretty significant thrust.

So we're back at my original recommendation. Quit trying to carry every gun you own to every fight.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

(Read 131831 times) 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 33
Jump to: