aggf arc 3

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Gan Eden - General Discussion / Topic: AGGF arc 3

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

11043 Posts, 545 Topics, 780 Members, Latest Member: jnmoors01

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 147407 times) 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 33

Re: AGGF arc 3
« Reply #300 on: September 27, 2008, 12:22:51 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
8 Destroys down, 9 to go.
Maybe 9/8, depending on if Sakura's last shot went through. Looks like it did some damage, but I don't think it was a solid kill.

Jaybee checks the situation.
Well, all the remaining Destroys are focusing on Gunbuster. Good call, if somewhat futile.
I'm gonna leave the big stuff to Andrew and Ianator, andGo pick off some of the fodder.

The VF-25 rockets into the sky, spins around, and unleashes a salvo of missiles on any mobile suits that happen to still be standing.

Hey, Shara... who DID kill more of those GN-Xes?

"I think it was 25 for each of us, actually."

Ah. Hey, are there any Overflags left?

Masaki: "CYFLAAAAAAAAAAASH!!!!"

Shara: "There WERE... I think Navigatonal Misadventure just finished the last of them."

Masaki: "Hey, I heard that!"

Kuro: "If the shoe fits, meow..."

Dibs on the Astray.
Jaybee keys the global channel.
Hey! You! With the katana! Don't you know the old adage about bringing a knife to a gunfight?
???: "What did you just say?"
I said don't bring a knife to a gunfight!
The VF-25 unleashes a burst from it's gunpod. The Astray blocks with it's shield, then pulls out a beam rifle.
That's more like it.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #301 on: September 27, 2008, 01:17:19 AM » by Ianator is Gaius Baltar.
Glad you could make it, you ol' grease monkey. Oh, gimme a second...

BUSTAAA BEEEAM!

"So what's with Mister Gunfight?"

You mean Jay? Don't worry 'bout him, he's just a little old-fashioned. The rifle is purely optional, but your sharp pointy thing might not do well against the big ones - Phase Shift and all that...

"Seriously!? I gotta get me one of those!"

Now, now. Take your time. Tell you what... If by the end of this battle, not one of those Destroy Gundams has a working PS unit, I will personally requisition one when we get back to base. Least I can do for the guy who taught me everything I know about machines!

Who is Gaius Baltar? HE'S THE FRAKKIN' PRESIDENT!
IP Logged

« Reply #302 on: September 27, 2008, 02:30:27 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 03:11:01 AM by JayBee »
What, the Astray's on our side?
And I think that Buster Beam just took out the last of the Destroys.

Jaybee shakes his head.
And to think that thing's got a limiter restricting it to 30% power...

The VF-25 shifts to GERALK and lands near a crater. Jaybee hops out in his EX-Gear, and peers down at the rubble.

Hmmm.... Whatever else used to be in this hanger, it's gone now.

Anyone up for a base invasion?

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #303 on: September 27, 2008, 08:53:11 PM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 08:55:56 PM by Derek »
Outer Space

Just on the edge of the Earth's atmosphere, a solitary Mobile Suit floats silently, as if contemplating the sight before it. After about thirty seconds, however, the robot turns around to look at the sight behind it. Somewhere around fifty or so machines of various models and origins begin closing in, weapons trained on the single mech. The one Suit sizes them all up for a moment, before calmly raising it's hand up at them and giving the entire force the finger, perfectly silhouetted by the planet behind it. With that gesture, the mech boosts backwards closer into orbit.

Before any of the pursuing mechs can get any closer, gravity takes over.

---------------

Titans HQ, Canada

Radar: Another contact!

Commander: What?! Where?!

Radar: It's coming from above, through the atmosphere! It appears to be a single unit, sir!

Commander: Single unit? Is it one of ours?

Radar:....Negative, sir! It appears to be a...a....

Commander: A what?!

Radar: It's a GUNDAAAAAAAAAAAM!!!!!!!!!!

-------------------

Inside the freefalling Gundam, a warning of incoming AA fire begins to sound off. The pilot calmly turns the alert off, and smirks to himself.

"And now the fun starts. Hello, Earth! I'm baaaaaaack!"

(Cue Colors http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qUsWJlnhZw)

---------------

The Gundam, already falling to the ground at an incredible speed, actually boosts forward even faster as it starts dodging the incoming fire. As it gets within 10,000 meters of the ground, the re-entry backpack it has equipped starts firing, to slow the fall. However, as it gets even closer, two "wings" on the backpack, both painted blue to match the item, open up and begin firing jets of their own. At 300 meters from the ground, the falling Gundam suddenly performs a spiral turn as it goes from a falling object to a horizontally flying one, jetting across the entire base and back as it continues to dodge fire from the base and from various Titan mechs still standing. A few shots finally connect with the wings, causing it to start heading downwards towards an entire group of Hi-Zacks starting to open fire. Without any hesitation, the Gundam spins again, this time ejecting the backpack while at the same time opening the black wings covering most of it's body. It falls straight down into the middle of the group of Titans, then stands up and activates the weapon in it's hands. With a single swipe, the beam scythe cuts through the entire group, destroying them instantly. As the Titan machines explode around him, Deathscythe Hell takes the time to strike a badass pose. Within seconds, the pilot's comm channel opens up.

And that was my awesome intro for the day. Hey guys, didja miss me?

(Internet forecast: Much frelling better than it was before. I'm back, you bastards! With 180% more awesome and badass!)

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

« Reply #304 on: September 27, 2008, 09:03:53 PM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
Nice. Bad timing, though.
After the Gunbuster's debut, it's hard to make a good entrance.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #305 on: September 27, 2008, 09:06:29 PM » by Andrew The Dragon Knight
Derek!  Where the hell have you been?

My current inventory is: One transforming katana, one flight suit, one Caster, various Caster shells, one gallant (including stock and barrel) and an optimistic attitude.
IP Logged

« Reply #306 on: September 27, 2008, 09:10:59 PM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
Catching up with some "old friends". Speaking of, here they come now.

On cue, about fifteen more mechs descend from the sky, all bearing the colors and emblem of Dark Moon. The mech design, however, appears quite familiar. Every single one is driving a Gundam Deathscythe Guilty model.(http://mahq.net/mecha/gundam/tielsimpulse/xxxg-01dg.htm)

"Barona! Don't think you'll get away from us with something as simple as a freefall!"

It was worth a shot. Hey, anyone wanna help me with this?

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

« Reply #307 on: September 27, 2008, 09:17:56 PM » by Andrew The Dragon Knight
Ianator, want to show these mooks the power of the Gunbuster?

My current inventory is: One transforming katana, one flight suit, one Caster, various Caster shells, one gallant (including stock and barrel) and an optimistic attitude.
IP Logged

« Reply #308 on: September 27, 2008, 10:52:17 PM » by Sume Gai AGGF Master
-Space Battleship Libra-

the large battle ship with it's enormous main gun was moving.  on board sat the real Titan commander Jamitov. he had of course received word of the AGGF attack.

XO: "sir are you sure of this you want us to fire on..."

Jamitov: "If the AGGF have taught me one thing it's that you can't be too thorough in eliminating your enemies."

XO: "But Sir you're going to fire on our own"

Jamitov: "Solders suold be ready to die in the line of duty."

Operator: "one hour to firing Position"

-Canada HQ-

the 008X having used a beam saber to down another destroy heads toward another firing it's Graviton Rifle

Nice to see you Derek we'll have time to catch up later.  Andrew I just got word from Bright; you're needed in space I'll mop up the remaining destroys.

with saber in one hand rifle in the other the 008X charges the machine firing at it's joints hittting the shoulder and then the Knee. the Destroy is forced to kneel at which point the 008X throws it's beam saber straight at the cockpit

If you are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve  -Captain Harlock
IP Logged

« Reply #309 on: September 28, 2008, 12:26:40 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 12:31:01 AM by JayBee »
Huh.... guess one of those Destroys wasn't as destroyed as I thought.

Jaybee walks up to a half-functional HiZack in his EX Gear, and blasts a quick pulse of fire through a shredded armor plate. The HiZack ceases to move.

Now, seriously. They had almost 20 Destroys here. I'm dropping down one of those holes into the base, and make sure there's no other surprises in what's left of this place. I'd pitch in with the new wave of grunts, but my Valk's about out of ammo and  I left Huckey in orbit.

Putting one hand on a crater lip, Jaybee flips over the edge and drops down, firing the engines on the EX Gear's backpack to slow his fall as he swings a light back and forth to check for any hostiles.

Man, it's as dead as Micheal Jackson's career down here. Nothin' but collapsed ceiling and support equipment.
Honestly, they HAD to have a better plan to deploy these things than blowing up the hanger... wait, this doesn't look like it's supposed to BE a hanger.  There's half-complete mechs all over the place. 
It was the final assembly area for a FACTORY. Parts for 3 more Destroys mounted in the assembly bays.
I guess it's too much to hope this was the ONLY Destroy factory...

Any bets on what sort of survivors we'll find in here?

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #310 on: September 28, 2008, 01:48:47 AM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
(Well, I gave the italics a chance. I think I'll stick with astericks.)

Derek: A factory, huh Jay? Fun stuff. I always knew I hated Canada for a reason. Hey, while you're down there, try and find some heavy ordinance for me. I could use just a little bit of SUPPORT here!

*While his intro was badass, Derek's movements since then have been a little subpar, mostly due to the fact that 'Scythe looks like it's been through the wringer a few times over since he took off. If it had a health bar at the moment, it'd probably be around 50%. None of this is helped by the fact that the Dark Moon forces are going straight for him.*

Derek: Man, it's days like this that I miss being able to pull out the Val Kai. No one was ever stupid enough to mess with me in that thi--*Takes a hit from one of the Guilty's scythes and loses his own*--GAAH!! You son of a--

DM Pilot: Give it up, Barona. We'll make it quick if you do!

Derek: Yeah, right. Like I'm just gonna roll over and....*Looks around and realizes he's completely surrounded*.....Well, damn. I guess this WOULD be the right time to surrender, huh.

DM Pilot: Finally getting it, are you? No one can escape the Dark Moon forever. Sooner or later, we WILL get our targets, whether it's you, or your friends. You stopped us from catching the girl at Cerevus, but we'll find her again soon enough. Anything else you want to say before we end this?

Derek:*Glances directly behind the DM Pilot and smirks to himself* Just this. Sucker!

*To their surprise, Derek immediately jumps into the air with everything the Deathscythe is capable of. The reason for it becomes immediately clear as an angry high-speed phoenix rips through the group, decimating almost the entire squad. Cybuster stops right next to 'Scythe as it lands.*

Derek: Hey, Andoh! Much appreciated there, buddy.

Masaki: You look like crap, Derek.

Derek: Thanks, I hadn't noticed. How're things with you guys?

Masaki: Eh, can't complain too much. Those guys friends of yours?

Derek: You could say that. Word of advice, Cybuster. If your enemy is driving a machine based off the one you're in, there might be a chance it can do the same crap you can. Case in point, the Hell Jumpers here.

Masaki: Falling a couple miles out of the sky couldn't shake them off, huh?

Derek: Well, you killed them, so you tell me. By the way, I think you missed a few. *Points at the two survivors*

Masaki: Well, let's fix that. *Pulls out the Zephyr Sword* You in?

Derek: *Casually reaches down and draws the Shishio Blade still at his side* Naturally.

IP Logged

« Reply #311 on: September 28, 2008, 02:36:03 AM » by Sume Gai AGGF Master
well there's still plenty of Hizaks around but then again there always seem to be Hizaks... honestly who makes these things and why I mean they're about as durable as gasoline soaked cardboard and they smell even worse.

I guess whoever does make these things must have a pretty good business; I mean we take about about ten every few minutes and the Titans seem to replace them every. single. time.

as this rant was occurring Gai continued to destroy Hizak after Hizak by either Gatling, beam saber or, if they were "lucky", Graviton rifle.

If you are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve  -Captain Harlock
IP Logged

« Reply #312 on: September 28, 2008, 03:54:55 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
Hmmm... Scrap, scrap, scrap... what I wouldn't give for Tony Stark and a cave right now.

Oh, this looks promising... Looks like it was just about ready for deployment when the Hell known as Gunbuster opened up.

No security code on the boot system... let's see what this sucker can do...

"Computer: OK
Supercapacitors: OK
External power source: OK
Phase shift: OK
Weapons pack: OK
Mobility systems: OK
Self-test: OK

Welcome to the GuAIZ Experimental Weapon Testbed. "

Experimental, huh? Let's go gather some empirical data.

"Caution: This unit is equipped with several high-drain weapons intended for use in future MS equipped with NeutronJjammer Canceller technology. Capacitor battery is not adequate for weapons and armor energy requirements.  In the event of external power loss, pilots are instructed to return to hanger immediately."

Well, that's pretty lame.  It's an old prototype. I guess the Freedom and Justice were based on this.
Looks like I've got a functional umbilical, and it's got enough reach to have some fun... if there's any fun left to be had out there.

Jaybee boosts back out of the assembly bay. Two beam cannons drop down over his "borrowed" mech's shoulders as he acquires a lock on a Virgo.

Hey, there's a REAL mech left on the field!
Not for long.

The GuAIZ staggers backwards as the third law of motion pushes the beam cannons backwards. The beam slams into the Virgo's shield, splashes against it for a moment, then pierces through, bathing the luckless mobile suit in relativistic particles. It blows up.

Whoo!

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #313 on: September 28, 2008, 10:13:23 AM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 07:36:36 PM by Derek »
So, you gonna take that thing with us or just start a civil deconstruction project on the Titan's dime?

IP Logged

« Reply #314 on: September 28, 2008, 11:51:25 PM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
Well, I WAS gonna take it, but... it's tethered.
Seriously, why would we want a tethered mech?

Maybe drop back into the hanger and just send some fire down the hallways.
Thinking about it, exploration probably isn't a good idea after all the structural damage we've done.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

(Read 147407 times) 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 33
Jump to: