aggf arc 3

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Gan Eden - General Discussion / Topic: AGGF arc 3

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

10991 Posts, 531 Topics, 745 Members, Latest Member: Shakku

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 131919 times) 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 33

Re: AGGF arc 3
« Reply #315 on: September 29, 2008, 08:05:58 AM » by Sakura77 Lost Newtype Child
We could rebuild it without the tether, it would just take us sometime to  configure the new engine. It's up to you Jay. Also what's the news about the fight in space?

Things can always get worse...
IP Logged

« Reply #316 on: September 29, 2008, 12:59:23 PM » by Ianator is Gaius Baltar.
It looks like they were expecting us to hit their terrestrial HQ all along. Signs point to a single battleship with a massive particle cannon with power approaching that of the Solar Systems used during the One-Year War. Of course, it won't take out the whole country, but they're probably going to pass it off as one of ours. Which'd work pretty well for them, if they didn't have like half their remaining forces between it and us.

Damn, Lowe, you're gonna have a field day up here.

Who is Gaius Baltar? HE'S THE FRAKKIN' PRESIDENT!
IP Logged

« Reply #317 on: September 29, 2008, 03:44:48 PM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
Sakura, let's be honest here.
We've got more than enough mechs already, including ones with these weapons, and it'll hardly be a simple modification to convert this thing from supercaps to a fusion powerplant

Jaybee locks the hip-mounted railguns on a HiZack(where are these things coming from?) and fires.

I don't want it.
If I felt the urge to drive this thing on a regular basis, I'd just figure out where in the armory Freedom wound up. Looks better, and it's more nimble.

Jaybee sees a HiZack crawl out of a hole. He walks over, peeks down, and sees a functional assembly unit coughing mechs out at a slow trickle. As he watches, it inserts a computer core into the cockpit area.

Drones! No WONDER they haven't quit yet! Well, I can fix that...

The GuAIZ's beam cannons snap forward. And it's railguns. It grabs the beam rifle off  it's hardpoint and levels that into the hole too. There is an audible click as the machine guns mounted in the mech's backpack prime.

Overkill? Yes. Fun? Better believe it.

And every weapon mounted on the testbed mech erupts at once, bathing the chamber under the crater in flaming death. A secondary explosion sends a power surge back through the base's electrical systems, and gouts of fire and smoke begin belching out of all the other craters on the base. An explosion in one of the few standing buildings sends glass and brick flying across the rubble-strewn battlefield. The GuAIZ stutters and dies. Smoke pours out of the cockpit as Jaybee trips the emergency release. The door jams halfway, and he punches it open with his EX Gear then leaps out, using his EX Gear's jetpack to return to his abandoned VF-25.

*coughcough*
Oooops.

One more reason not to refit it to use a fusion reactor: I just fried every component in the suit.

I think it's safe to say we're done at this point. Can someone call our ships down for a lift back to orbit?

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #318 on: September 29, 2008, 06:29:10 PM » by Sakura77 Lost Newtype Child
Thought I should say something about it. Once we are back on the ship, drinks are on me.

IP Logged

« Reply #319 on: September 29, 2008, 11:27:04 PM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
Derek: I say we take the thing anyway. If nothing else, we can say that they don't have it anymore, and we do. Besides, we could use what's left of it for spare parts for something. I wouldn't mind giving 'Scythe some phase shit armor right about now.

Masaki: Really? I thought you hated that stuff.

Derek: I do, but it has it's uses. For example...

*As if on cue, Deathscythe's left leg suddenly shudders, and with the sickening sound of snapping metal, breaks off at the knee and falls to the ground uselessly. The rest of the Gundam doesn't even so much as twitch, however.*

Derek:....I coulda probably used some of it when I got jumped by those assholes with the bazookas back near Cerevus City.

Masaki: *Looking down at the busted leg*....Derek, you just--

Derek: I know. The patch job I did on it burned away during re-entry. It was gonna fall off any ol' time.

Masaki: And HOW exactly did you pull off that jump?

Derek: Q-Rau training. Ask Jay about it sometime.

Masaki: Fair enough. Need some help?

Derek: Please.

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

« Reply #320 on: September 30, 2008, 12:00:01 AM » by Sume Gai AGGF Master
honestly with it's PS down we could just blow it to shreds anf that would be so much easier.  Besides we have plenty of left over PS armor, somewhere.

Masaki: "I think I saw some last week."

Really where?

Gai now proceeds to help lift the damaged Deathscythe

Masaki:" somewhere on Valhalla. I could try and find it again"

when we have a few months I might take you up on that

the three set down on the Akagane and placed the Deathscythe in an empty berth

If you are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve  -Captain Harlock
IP Logged

« Reply #321 on: September 30, 2008, 06:28:57 PM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
The VF-25 lands, and Jaybee hops out, shedding the EX Gear and leaving it in the care of the ground crew. He looks over as the Cybuster's cockpit opens. Masaki steps out, then staggers and leans against the hand rail.

You guys got this under control? I'm gonna go check on Andoh.

Grabbing something out of a nearby case, Jaybee heads up the stairs to Masaki.

Need a hand?

"I'm... fine."

Don't give me that. You're barely upright.
Here, have a drink.

"You tryin' ... to kill me?"

It's just Gatorade. I ran out of Kusuha's stuff last week.
Won't do shit for your prana levels, but...

"Fine... gimme..."

Now c'mon...
Jaybee slips his arm under Masaki's armpit.
Sickbay or quarters?

"I can walk.... just fine."

You can barely STAND, macho man. I'm not gonna leave you to pass out in the hallway. Or, Althena help us, right here on the safety railing. You damn near fell over just now.

"Quarters. Be fine after... a good nap."

All right, then. Once you're back up to snuff, give me a call. I need to talk, but it can wait.

"Deal."

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #322 on: September 30, 2008, 07:57:00 PM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
Ah, so this is the Akagane. I never got a chance to look around the thing before I had to take off. And if I remember the layout from when we were hitching a ride with the Kurogane, the lounge/bar should be....this way.

Oh, hey Jay. You wanna go get a couple of drinks with me? I'm not gonna bother Masaki when he looks like that, but I need to get the hell out of the hanger before the maintainance crew gets over to 'Scythe.

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

« Reply #323 on: September 30, 2008, 09:10:32 PM » by Sakura77 Lost Newtype Child
Bartender knows that I am going to pay for everybody's drinks tonight so do whatever you want guys. I'll be in my room if anybody needs me.

IP Logged

« Reply #324 on: October 01, 2008, 12:26:21 AM » by ChrisABlair
Gah...

*An injured Chris grabs his transmitter.*

You guys...forget about...me...?

*He coughs blood, then picks himself up*

I'm... in really bad...shape...

Anyone catch... what happened to Zwei after that Voltekka?

Sweetdiculous!
IP Logged

« Reply #325 on: October 01, 2008, 02:15:14 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
Derek, you know I'm always up for a round. Let's make Sakura regret her generosity!

And sorry Chris, I missed what happened to the other guy. There was so much stuff flying everywhere that tracking any specific thing was near impossible.
'Scuse me while I find someone to slap for leaving you. We're turning around right now.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #326 on: October 01, 2008, 02:49:57 AM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
Alright, then. And since I've not had time to talk to the bartender on this ship and set up my "drink menu", plus I'm pretty sure Haruka blew my cover on that one anyway...

Barkeep, one Dr. Pepper, in the biggest size you can give me. I may have been outed on WHAT I drink, but HOW MUCH was never a question.

So, start recapping for me, Jay. What sort of crazy adventures did you guys get into while I was gone?

IP Logged

« Reply #327 on: October 01, 2008, 04:11:43 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 02:14:34 PM by JayBee »
Ah, Dr. Pepper... was almost a religion in one of North America's great states, back before Space War 1 rearranged the map.

Yo, barkeep! Gimme the usual. Double-strong.

Let's see... while you were gone, we blew some stuff up.
Then the Titans declared their intent to take over Macross City.
We showed up to help defend the place, and blew some Titans  up. We were forced to withdraw, but held the line long enough that all the civilians could evacuate to the Macross and escape to Luna.

After we ran away from Macross City with our tails between our legs, the Titans blew half the city up and blamed us for it. Fuckers have no respect for history.

We blew some stuff up in response, and to generate some test data for the shiny new VF-25 Admiral Global gave us.
Then we took over the Titans' propaganda station, spun things around to blame the Titans for the destruction of Macross City and everything ELSE they've done, and we blew some stuff up.
Then you showed up as we were wrapping up.

Andrew and Ianator are en route to the last blowing up of stuff we have planned as we speak.

We finally tracked down and eliminated the last set of plans for Big Zam Kai.
Not that it did us any good. You've seen the Destroy Gundams.
Not that it did them any good. You've seen the Gunbuster.

My zentradi stalker is still hanging around helping to blow stuff up.
She managed to get the paperwork in for a transfer to the Sol Defense Fleet, somehow. We're not sure why she didn't go back to calm some of the colonial chaos, given her itchy trigger finger, but... she didn't.

And ChrisABlair is an alien cyborg now.
Jaybee leans in closer, and lowers his voice.
I don't like to think about it, but he may be a sleeper agent for the aliens that tech'ed him up. Keep an eye open.

I probably missed something. I'm sure everyone else will be glad to fill you in.

Suffice it to say, much stuff was blown up.

Edit: Whoops. Got the wrong person as a cyborg. Hittin' the booze too early does that.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #328 on: October 01, 2008, 02:05:46 PM » by Ianator is Gaius Baltar.
Just as the last "up" leaves JayBee's mouth, the intercom comes alive with communication from the Gunbuster...

Shall we finish this?

"Certainly. SUPER..."

INAZUMA...

KIIIIIIIIIIICK~!

A line of explosions makes its way along the starscape, ending in one colossal blast.

This is Ianator to AGGF Fleet. Mission accomplished, returning to base.

Who is Gaius Baltar? HE'S THE FRAKKIN' PRESIDENT!
IP Logged

« Reply #329 on: October 01, 2008, 08:04:06 PM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
I see. Sounds like much stuff was blown up indeed. I heard about what happened to Macross. I'm really sorry I wasn't there to help, guys.

My trip wasn't exactly fun either, but I think you guys can figure that out just from looking at 'Scythe. I'm gonna wait till Masaki gets up before I go into any details, though. I....I really wouldn't feel right about keeping this from him.

IP Logged

(Read 131919 times) 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 33
Jump to: