aggf arc 3

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Gan Eden - General Discussion / Topic: AGGF arc 3

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

10991 Posts, 531 Topics, 745 Members, Latest Member: Shakku

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 131953 times) 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 33

Re: AGGF arc 3
« Reply #405 on: October 15, 2008, 12:07:04 PM » by Andrew The Dragon Knight
Chris, I'm glad that you're ok.

If you ever go berserk like that again; if you are truly unable to regain control, I will not hesitate like I did earlier. I will use a #3 on you.

I hope it never comes to that.

My current inventory is: One transforming katana, one flight suit, one Caster, various Caster shells, one gallant (including stock and barrel) and an optimistic attitude.
IP Logged

« Reply #406 on: October 16, 2008, 01:07:26 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
'Ey, Masaki... things seem to be winding down.

"What about it?"

Let's go hit the sim.

"You're not gonna give up on that combo attack, are you?"

Not until we actually DO it. At least once.

"Well, I'm drunk right now."

Little buzzed at best. You've been nursing that drink along all night.

"Dammit, you kept score?"

Kuro, Shiro, wadda ya think?

"Just give in, myau."
"He's not gonna shut up until you do, myau."
"Traitors."

Two against one. C'mon.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #407 on: October 16, 2008, 06:02:21 AM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
~Bridge~

So, how's it look out there?

"A lot of debris and asteroids, sir. Is there really something out here, Commander?"

To be honest, I wouldn't know. But I believe Haruka when she says there is, so we get to look through the rubble. Let me know if anything strange shows up.

"Yes, sir. Do you think we should call Captain Bright, sir?"

Not yet. Let him shake off the alcohol, first.

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

« Reply #408 on: October 17, 2008, 01:10:48 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 01:14:07 AM by JayBee »
Meanwhile, back in the sim...
The Huckebein and Cybuster hover above the ground, shards of Destroy pelting off their armor.

"That. Was. AWESOME!"

Glad you approve. Wanna nail some of the cannon fodder I threw in here for fun?

"Yeah, let's-WHOA!"

A red blur materializes in the sim and bursts forward, folding on itself as it travels. A few seocnds later, Shara's VF-22 is standing, a beam saber in either hand, as 4 mobile suits explode.

Nice one. Dug out my beam saber mod?

Shara: "I made one or two of my own, too. WING RIPPER!"

Several beam blades spring out of the back of the battroid, giving it the appearance of skeletal angel's wings... or maybe demon wings, as both feet now have three beam talons hanging off them.

Masaki, in his best Mon Mothma imitation: "Many beam sabers died to bring us these modifications."

VERY nice. You added those to your plane yet?

Shara: "The mechanics are working on it as we speak. I want in on whatever you two are planning."

Masaki: "She's got the style down. And I'd rather she not kill me. The more the merrier, right? "

Oh, she's got the style all right, but does she have the firepower?

Computer, bring up the specs and loadout for Shara's current mech... Hmm, boosted reactor output, but... the guns are stock.
I think I've got an idea.
Bring up the armory inventory. Show high-yield rifles, sorted by firepower. 
Oh, yes. Those should do nicely.

Remove the VF-22's external gunpods. Mount units WZLBR and WZRBR on the gunpod hardpoints.

The VF-22 shimmers, and a pair of large beam rifles replace the mech's gunpods on the skirt armor.

I think you'll like these, Shara. High output, sustained fire, and they can be combined for an absurdly high firepower level... which is exactly what we're going for here.

Shara: "We'll see how it handles. I'm in?"

Yeah. Pull up the sim record, and you can see what we're trying to do. I'll be reconfiguring the battlefield for our new firepower.

Anyone mind a bit of a challenge?

Masaki: "What'd I just say about the more the merrier?"

Shara: "You have to ask?"

Right.

Computer. Reconfigure simulation, save new program as PR3Way practice.
Remove Destroy. Replace with Buster Machines 1 and 2. Limiter enabled. Combine.

Add level 7 Mobile Suit swarms here, here, and here.
Jaybee points at various places on the holographic landscape.
Level 5 MS Swarms here and here, and a level 9 swarm here.

Set AI rules. On Gunbuster destruction, all mobile suits begin retreating.

Render.

The landscape shifts. A few kilometers off, the Gunbuster stands, arms crossed over it's chest. Between it and the Huckebein, Cybaster, and Sturmvogel sit a few thousand mobile suits of various makes.

Masaki: "THAT would be a challenge. I don't think we have enough ammo between us for that many targets."

We don't need to take them all out. Just the boss.

Map status, please?

Computer: "There are 4257 mobile suits and one Gunbuster, limited, in the battlefield. Difficulty rank: 74. Estimated survival time: 45 seconds."

Shara: "45 seconds for us to clear it? If I didn't know better, I'd think it was hitting on me."

No. 45 seconds until we die. The computer tends to be insulting in it's underestimation of our skill. Save simulation.

Masaki: "Wait, why's there a red flag over the Gunbuster's head? That blinks rather annoyingly?"

Because the computer doesn't think we can handle it. Again, it tends to be insulting. Everyone ready?

Masaki: "What the hell. I'm curious."

Shara: "Ready."

All right. Save map. Begin simulation.
YATTE YARUZE!

The three mechs split off in different directions as the clouds of mobile suits move into action. The Gunbuster, unable to fire without destroying it's allies, sits still. Explosions litter the sky as the first shots are fired.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #409 on: October 17, 2008, 02:00:05 AM » by Ianator is Gaius Baltar.
Sitting several simulators over is Ianator, spectating in this great game of war.

Four thousand? What a joke. They'll be bored after the first five hundred. The computer estimates AI Victory in forty-five seconds - I estimate Player Victory in thirty-five minutes with no more than moderate damage, if Miss Shara works those beam weapons right. Stupid computers always think so... four-dimensionally. On the other hand, if I was controlling those MSs...

...Nah. I'll pull that prank tomorrow. Maybe then I can grow back some of my skills as the One-Man Army.

Suddenly, the cloud of MSs disperses from around the three mechs as Gunbuster slowly unfolds its arms.

Oooh. Let the fireworks begin...

Who is Gaius Baltar? HE'S THE FRAKKIN' PRESIDENT!
IP Logged

« Reply #410 on: October 17, 2008, 03:00:47 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
All right, we've got an opening!

The VF-22 fires a quick shot from her right beam rifle at the Gunbuster's face, then drops into fighter mode and opens the throttle, rolling to the side as the Buster Beam comes toward it. Cybuster shifts to Cybird mode and heads through the corridor's edge. The Huckebein is left behind briefly, but shoots a few nearby mechs and uses the explosions to accelerate it. All 3 pilots come out near the Gunbuster, after some very fancy evasion.
Heeeeello.
I'm thinkin' we should make our own corridor next time instead of waiting for a buster beam.

Masaki: "Agreed. Now, let's do this."
Shara: "Right."

The VF-22 and Huckebein unload missle clouds as Masaki deftly maneuvers close and slashes the Gunbuster repeatedly.

Hey, how far you think we should wear this thing down before we go for the coup de grace?

Shara fires her beam rifles at buster missiles coming from either side.
"Depends... how long do you think you can hold out?"

The Huckebein boosts backwards as a massive fist comes swinging at it, then fires three quick shots from the gravity rifle at the Gunbuster's chest.
Good point.

Formation attack! Now!

The three mechs ready their swords, and... the external sim feed goes out. When it comes back a few minutes later, the Gunbuster is heavily damaged. The VF-22, beam wings deployed, is holding a very large beam rifle angled upward in both hands, with massive heat waves pouring off the barrel. The Huckebein has it's left hand extended towards the Gunbuster, pointing. The Cybaster is behind the Gunbuster, sword drawn.

Masaki: "Well, it's ALMOST dead..."

Almost doesn't count. FANG SLASHER!

The boomerang-like weapon slides through a hole in the armor, bounces around the internal mechanics for a few moments, then wedges in some critical hardware. The BM2's degeneracy generator loses stability...

Ooops.
Masaki: "Ooops? That's a bad sound."
Shara: "What did you do?"

...and the Gunbuster explodes in a massive burst of energy, then quickly reverses direction and implodes, taking most of the mobile suits with it, as well as all 3 sim occupants. The screens go blank, and the sim pods open up.

Shara: "WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?!?!?!"

I think I hit the generator. In a very bad way. Congratulations, you now know what a Vanishing Trooper incident looks like.

Masaki: "But the formation attack works even better with 3 people. And that was the main point, right?"

Shara: "True... and that WAS rather fun... right up until we all got atomized."

Sorry Ianator. You'll have to wait for the grand unveiling like everyone else.  No hard feelings, right?

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #411 on: October 17, 2008, 03:35:51 AM » by Andrew The Dragon Knight
*watching from a different observation point*

We have learned something very important. If the Gunbuster ever takes that much damage, everybody else should retreat immediatly.

We should have no more ally casulities than are nessissary.

My current inventory is: One transforming katana, one flight suit, one Caster, various Caster shells, one gallant (including stock and barrel) and an optimistic attitude.
IP Logged

« Reply #412 on: October 17, 2008, 04:11:30 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
I think that was a one-in-a-million shot, honestly.
Just... in a very bad way.

Honestly, if anything is doing that much damage to the Gunbuster, everyone should be well out of the way because that's the kind of firepower that can instantly vaporize  most of our collection.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #413 on: October 17, 2008, 07:22:18 AM » by Sume Gai AGGF Master
-Duragreiz-
-sims-

you know it might have been better if you waited till I uploaded the data from the Gunuster's actual test flight; rather than the theoretical data.  After all everything indicates the Theoretical values were too low.

If you are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve  -Captain Harlock
IP Logged

« Reply #414 on: October 17, 2008, 08:38:51 AM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 08:41:28 AM by Derek »
That's a scary thought. It really is. Oh yeah, that reminds me. You wanted to know why the BHE is considered a Bad Idea, but we still have no problems with the Tronium engine, right Jay? I think I have a theory.

*At this point, the hologram projector flares into life and Fuyume appears, still bandaged up and in the hospital bed, and raising her good hand like she's in class*

"Oooh! I know! I know this one!"

Alright, I'll bite. Why is it, Fuyume?

"Because none of them have made an explosion like the one Jay-kun just caused!"

That's...pretty much just what I was about to say, yeah. Thanks, kiddo. Oh yeah, that reminds me. Hey guys, Fuyume's awake. See?

"Hiiiiiii~!"

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

« Reply #415 on: October 17, 2008, 07:28:31 PM » by Dsvaun
(From somewhere, a transmission)
This is Dsvaun calling the Duragiez.  I request permission to approach and board.  I'm sure I missed alot, but I'm back everybody. 
(Out of the asteroids, a lone light blue mobile suit approches the fleet)
IP Logged

« Reply #416 on: October 17, 2008, 07:39:32 PM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
This is the Duragreiz, permission granted. 'Vaun, is that you?

IP Logged

« Reply #417 on: October 17, 2008, 08:20:52 PM » by Dsvaun
« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 08:23:17 PM by Dsvaun »
Yep, it's me Derek.  Good to hear your voice.  Let's see if I can drink you under the table now.

(The mobile suit pulls in.  It resembles Nu gundam, but in place of the fin funnels is an Incom system.)

I guess I should explain a few things.  First of all, sorry for ditching you guys before as the Aerogaters showed up.  I had my reasons for leaving, but if I knew something like that was going on I would have stuck around.  Anyway, I'm sure I sent the data on the Psycho Haro, and I'm sure you know that did so well against the new type of Psycho Gundam.  As for the rest.....I'll tell you the details later when I've got a few drinks in me, but the short version is some guys found me.  Nu gundam was wrecked badly, I think that the HWS armor saved me..barely.  The cockpit was almost cracked open in one punch.  A little while later I managed to get my hands on a Mass produced Nu Gundam.  Not exactly like the original, but it's far from being a GM.  I managed to make some connections and hopefully the new machine will come sometime.  Even I don't know what it is, but I've been told it was more fitting for the...condition I'm in.  Like I said, I'll explain more when I get a few drinks in me.  I assume the bar is in the same place.  Oh yeah, what did I miss.  I remember the Titans attacking the Macross at one point but I'm in the dark for everything else after I left.
IP Logged

« Reply #418 on: October 18, 2008, 02:16:18 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 02:18:39 AM by JayBee »
-Duragreiz-
-sims-

you know it might have been better if you waited till I uploaded the data from the Gunuster's actual test flight; rather than the theoretical data.  After all everything indicates the Theoretical values were too low.
That reminds me... I've got some business I need to attend to.
If y'all will excuse me...

Jaybee heads out, stops by the hanger to get a data dump out of the Buster Machines, swings by the cafeteria for a snack, then heads to his quarters and opens up a secure comm channel. A girl in a fast-food uniform answers.

"Hello, Mona's Pizza. What would you like today?"

Depends. What can I get for a 2-megabyte randomized encryption key? Honestly, a 2 meg ENCRYPTION KEY!

The girl seems taken aback briefly, but she quickly recovers.
"Straightforward and to the point. No cloak-and-dagger bullshit.  like you. Hang on one minute."

The comm flickers, then comes back, focused on an eccentric scientist eating a pizza.
"Buster Project. How may I help you?"

Professor Shishioh?!?! YOU'RE part of this?

"Ah, you must be the AGGF liason Global told me about. Of course I'm 'in on it.' 3G's super-mechanoids laid the groundwork for the Buster Machines. Anyways... I believe you have some data for me?"

Uploading it now.

"Hmmm, hmmm... oh, this is excellent! Better than I expected. This puts us back on schedule for the next phase. Thank you!"

Is there anything I need to know? Or is it all Hyper-Omega-Extreme Secret?

"Hmmmph. Sometimes even the big things need to be kept secret. 3G's operations were classified for some time for similar reasons. Global told you just about everything of note. I hope you won't need anything, but... since you people ARE the caretakers of the Buster Machines right now, you should probably have the release code for the limiters. Just in case. Here's the file now."

Thank you.

"Don;'t use them unless you need to. The limiters are there for a reason."

So we don't accidentally decimate the planet we're trying to protect, right?

"Something to that effect, yes. You'll know if you need them. And you really SHOULD order a pizza next time you call. Mona makes some of the best pies in the sector."

That's not just a front?

"Nope. A functional business attracts less attention, for some reason. Shishioh out."

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #419 on: October 18, 2008, 06:44:01 AM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
Sounds like you had a lot of fun, 'Vaun. Right now, we're trying to find Alexis. You know, I mentioned her a few times. She's supposed to be hiding out here in this area somewhere. I'll let someone else recap some of the major stuff, but I oughta mention, since you saw it in the hangar, that Fuyume got seriously beaten up in a recent fight, though she'll be okay.

"Ohayo, Vaun-chan!"

Leave it to Fuyume to look adorable even while severely injured. Anyway, if you feel like going and getting wasted, Haruka's in the bar. Long story short on that one, the Titans leveled Angel and she needed a place to stay. She'll probably set you up. And if you're looking for entertainment beyond alcohol, we've still got a video set up of someone getting Brightpunched.

....Speaking of, that's a page. Gotta get back up to the bridge. Have fun.

IP Logged

(Read 131953 times) 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 33
Jump to: