aggf arc 3

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Gan Eden - General Discussion / Topic: AGGF arc 3

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

10991 Posts, 531 Topics, 745 Members, Latest Member: Shakku

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 131942 times) 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33

Re: AGGF arc 3
« Reply #465 on: October 29, 2008, 02:11:22 PM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
*For a minute or two, the Deathscythe and the Wing Zero seem to actually be evenly matched in their duel, but that quickly shifts as the Zero pushes the black Gundam back, and then quickly dashes forward, intent on a killing blow. The 'Scythe dodges to the right as the other Gundam moves past, quickly taking aim and firing it's vulcans. In response, Wing Zero spins around on itself and fires it's own vulcans, completely matching the shots and cancelling them out.*

Derek: Well, that proves it....You're using THAT thing, aren't you?

Rena: The Zero System? Of course I am. What better way to destroy you, than with the weapon you had so much faith in, yourself?

Derek: Baka....!!!! You're so intent on revenge that you'd follow my own path to do it?!?

Rena: So what if I am? *Brings the double buster rifle to bear* At least you won't be around much longer to see it!

Derek: GAH!

*At point blank range, the fact that 'Scythe dodged the buster rifle's attack by any margin would have been a miracle. As is, he loses the buster shield and a little of his left arm's armor from the proximity. In response, Derek swings around and chunks the beam scythe, but the attack is easily deflected and the scythe destroyed as a result.*

Derek: Damn it....!!! Don't you get it?!

Rena: What's there to get? I use this machine, you die, and justice is served.

Derek: Do you really think you can control that power?

Rena: Of course I can!

Derek: I doubt it. The Zero System....that cursed power....With your heart as clouded as it is, that system won't hesitate to destroy you, just like it destroyed me!

Rena: That's because you were weak! I've become stronger than you ever were back then! *Punches forward with the left arm*

Derek:*Catches the shield, holding it* That's right. You ARE stronger. Stronger as a pilot....and stronger as a Newtype. But NOT stronger as a person. If you lose control over that system, there won't be anything left of you when they open that cockpit. If there's anyone left who can.

Rena: What makes you think I'm going to lose control in the first place? *Pulls the buster rifle back up*

*Deathscythe doesn't lose anything in dodging this time, and brings out the Shishio just in time to start another swordfight. The two of them go at it for a few minutes, the sword dueling only broken by the occassional point blank attempt with the buster rifle. Though they look about even, however, that changes when Zero suddenly shoves the rifle right up against 'Scythe's cockpit, but doesn't fire when Derek moves to dodge. Instead, Rena swings around and impacts Zero's shield directly across 'Scythe's head, then turns and goes for a kill. Derek spins to avoid the slash, but can't stop from getting 'Scythe's right wing slashed off.*

Derek: GAH! My stabilizers....what is it with you people and taking out my frelling stabilizers?!?

Rena: What's wrong? I thought you were good at this kind of fighting.

Derek: You're a lot more arrogant than usual. Is that you talking, or is it Zero?

Rena: What does it matter? You're finished, either way!

Derek: You think so? I'm just getting warmed up. Let's see....Ah, perfect. Nothing like the right music to set the mood.

Rena: Hah! You're on the brink of death, and you're worried about what kind of music's playing? You really haven't changed. Well then, don't keep me in suspense. Let's hear your idea of a funeral dirge.

Derek: *The 'Scythe itself shrugs as he turns on the loudspeaker* Alright, since you asked nice. Three, two, one....

*Without any further delay, a song starts playing loud enough to be heard all across the battlefield. Rather than some hard rock or otherwise completely appropriate theme for a fight between giant robots, however, THIS starts playing.*

Rena: *Noticably taken aback by the choice* Wh-what the....

Derek: Annnnnnd GO!

*'Scythe immediately charges forward, shoulder-ramming Wing Zero before beginning another round of sword slashing fun. Unlike before, however, the music seems to actually be bothering Rena, as Zero's responses don't have quite as much strength or accuracy behind them. Finally, she jets back a bit and brings the buster rifle up again. This time, Derek dodges the shot by a far wider margin, and suddenly bursts forward to deliver a roundhouse kick straight across Zero's midsection. Before Rena can fully recover, the Deathscythe jets back, grabs it's own severed wing as it floats by, and chunks it like a boomerang straight into the other Gundam.*

Rena: AAGH!

Derek: Had enough yet?

Rena: Tch....*Starts checking the battle around them*.....This isn't going as well as I'd hoped....Am I going to lose again, even with this....?

Derek: Everybody loses sometime. It's nothing to be ashamed of, really.

Rena: Shut up! What could you know about losing? You've never....

Derek: That's not true. I lost myself, once. And I lost two of the most important people in my life right afterwards....Rei...and you, too.

Rena:......

Derek: *Moving closer to the Wing Zero as he talks* Words won't ever be able to express the regret I've felt since that day, but I need you to trust me, Rena. Shut down that mobile suit. *Reaches out to her* Please.

Rena:....Is that it?

Derek: What?!

*Wing Zero reaches over and calmly slaps the extended hand away from itself, before swinging back around with a fist aimed at 'Scythe's head. Though the black Gundam dodged easily, Derek found his next move cut short, as Rena calmly brings the buster rifle to bear, right at his face.*

Rena: Trust you? Trust YOU?! After everything you've done?! You would DARE to ask me to take that bloodstained hand of yours, asking me to TRUST you?!? What kind of an idiot do you honestly take me for, Black Wings?!

Derek: Rena, wait! I--

Rena: Shut up. You and I have nothing more to discuss.

Derek: Tch...!!!

Rena: I can see when I've lost the battle, but the war still isn't over. The next time we meet, I WILL destroy you. But before that.... *Swings the buster rifle around, now aiming straight at the asteroid*....I still have my own goal to accomplish.

Derek: What the--Rena, no!

Rena: Feel the helplessness I felt when you killed him, Black Wings! When you killed my brother!!!!

*With that, she fires the rifle and impacts the asteroid directly. For a second, nothing seems to happen, but then a series of explosions begin to occur across the face of the rock, before a massive one engulfs the thing entirely.*

Derek: No.....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Rena: Do you understand, now? Do you feel my pain? THIS is the fate you've brought upon yourself, Derek Zerus Barona! The Blue Wings would rather destroy themselves than help you any longer!

Derek: You....Do you even realize.....DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT YOU'VE JUST DONE?

Rena: What...?

Derek: I wasn't here for that ship, Rena.....I was here to pick up the people on it!!

Rena: The people on....No! You don't....You don't mean.....

*Suddenly, a large beam shot bursts through the debris of the asteroid, and nearly impacts the Wing Zero.*

Rena: Argh--What the....?

Derek: That's...!!!

Fuyume: Derek-sama, detecting an energy signature from the asteroid dock! It's....!!!

Derek: Aoi...Tsubasa!

*On cue, a battleship which bears a striking resemblance to a Minerva class ship rises from the destruction, surrounded by a bright blue energy field. Not the full size of a Minerva, it resembles a large blue bird of some kind, much the same way that Derek's Skychaser fighter plane does. As soon as it clears the wreckage, the energy field shuts off and the wings open, finishing the look of a bird in flight.*

Rena: The Aoi Tsubasa.... But was shut down! How did...

Haruka: Sorry to disappoint you, Rena. But some of us aren't ready to die just yet!

*A single shot fires out, straight at the Wing Zero. Even as the Gundam dodges out of the way, several more shots DO connect, knocking the buster rifle away and managing to disable the left arm. The Alex comes flying straight out of the debris and stops within range of the other two Gundams, rifle trained on the Wing Zero.*

Derek: Haruka! Then, that means....

Haruka: We got it started just in time. Another few seconds and the E Field wouldn't have kicked on.

Rena: Haruka....Just what....What do you think you're doing?

Haruka: What's it look like? I'm defending myself after you just tried to KILL me. Don't tell me Zero said the best way to victory was on the bodies of everyone else you care about, too!

Rena: Don't give me that! What are you doing helping HIM?! After everything he's done....

Haruka: It's true...Derek has a lot to answer for, and his two year disappearance doesn't help his credibility any. But you know something? That doesn't mean he isn't trying.

Rena: You don't know, do you? You don't know that he's the one who killed Rei!

Haruka:......In all fairness, Rena.....Neither do you.

Rena:...!!!!

Haruka: You were with us, that night. We weren't witnesses to what happened, as much as we'd like to have been. The only person who knows what really happened is right here, and until he decides to tell me the story himself, I'm not going to judge him.

Rena: But...why? Why would you...why would any of you continue to help him?

Haruka: Because I trust him.

Derek: Haruka....

Rena: Trust....that stupid word again....!! Rei trusted him, and look what happened!!

Haruka: It's because Rei trusted him that I'm here, Rena. What about you? Who do you trust?

Rena: I....Hmph. We're done here. All units, retreat now!

*The Wing Zero jets backwards, turns, and starts off for the remaining DC ships.*

Derek: Rena, wait!

Rena: I've realized, Black Wings. The only person I can trust is myself. Not you, not my former comrades, and not this wretched mobile suit. You can have it back!

*As she gets back to the Peregrines, Rena opens the cockpit and gets out of the Wing Zero, getting picked up along the way by one of the other DC mechs returning to the ships. At that point, all the remaining enemies retreat as well.*

Derek:.....Dammit....DAMMIT.....

Haruka: Don't blame yourself, Derek. You'll get her back next time.

Derek: Do you really think that....?

Haruka: What, I can't be optimistic? C'mon. I'll take you two over to the Tsubasa. Alexis is waiting to see you there. Plus, I doubt you'll want to show your face around Astronage for awhile, after this.

Derek: Yeah. And while I'm thinking about it, someone needs to recover the Zero.

Haruka: I'll get Andoh or someone else to pick that up and bring it over. C'mon, let's go.

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

« Reply #466 on: October 29, 2008, 09:11:53 PM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
The Huckebein gestures in the direction of the abandoned Wing Zero's with it's gravity rifle.
Personally, I'd advocate stripping the weapons and blasting the thing to smithereens. Nothing good can come of THAT mech.

Anyone hear from 'vaun? I lost track of him somewhere, and couldn't find him after I swapped mechs, but last I saw he wasn't doing so hot.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #467 on: October 29, 2008, 10:59:18 PM » by Andrew The Dragon Knight
I haven't, but going into battle after drinking that much? If he was under my command, he'd be grounded for everyone's safety, especially his own.

My current inventory is: One transforming katana, one flight suit, one Caster, various Caster shells, one gallant (including stock and barrel) and an optimistic attitude.
IP Logged

« Reply #468 on: October 30, 2008, 12:37:22 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
Roy Focker's a hero to many in UN Spacey, and an idol to some, so I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.
Sober, drunk, raging hangover... doesn't matter as long as you can still see straight.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #469 on: October 30, 2008, 01:14:56 AM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 09:27:40 PM by Derek »
Derek: I'd really rather no one blow it up, JayBee. I have every reason to be unhappy with Wing Zero as anyone else, but I'm still the most recent person to have claimed ownership of that mech.

Haruka: C'mon, we're here.

~Aoi Tsubasa~

Derek: *Walking through the corridor* You can see the dust on this thing.

Haruka: Well, sorry for not being able to clean it. We WERE in a bit of a hurry.

Derek: That's true. *Stops in front of the door to the Bridge* Well, here we are. Think she'll be happy to see me?

Haruka: That's entirely up to you, you know that.

Derek: Yeah, I know. Still, can't blame a guy for wanting some inside help on this one.

Haruka: And you're not getting any from me. Consider it part of your penance.

Derek: Thanks, Haruka. You always did know just what to say to help twist the knife. *Opens the door and walks in*

*As Derek enters the room, it's single occupant turns from one of the control panels to face him. She stands at about 5'4, with a rather small, petite frame expected of her age. Her outfit consists of a blue denim overalls over a white shortsleeved shirt, pink and white tennis shoes, light blue fingerless gloves with red trim, a pink bag slung over her shoulder, and a blue baseball cap worn backwards on her head. Her hair, the same pink shade as anything Fuyume wears, is worn in a very Duo-esque braid going down to mid-back, and her emerald green eyes are hidden away behind almost comically large glasses. This girl is, of course, Alexis Kitashira, whom Derek has been trying to find this entire time.*

Alexis: Derek-sama...?

Derek: *Waves and grins* Hey, kiddo. You're looking pretty good. Did you get taller, or--

*Without any warning, Alexis quickly runs over to Derek and punches him straight in the stomach.*

Derek: URK--*Doubles over in pain*.....Okay....I guess.....I deserved that.....

Alexis: Derek-sama....you....you BAKA!!!!!

*With tears visibly streaming down her face, the girl moves staight past Derek and Haruka and runs off down the corridor.*

Haruka: Less than ten seconds. I think that's a new record for you, Captain.

Derek: Good for me. *Slowly bends back up* Luna, that hurt. Am I going to have to expect this from everyone?

Haruka: Maybe. Oh, by the way, in case you didn't figure it out, she was listening to the comm during your fight with Rena, so she heard just about everything.

Derek: Thanks, 004. I kinda got that. Ugh....*Moves over to the captain's chair and sits down, rubbing where he was punched tenderly*

Haruka:....Are you alright? I didn't think she'd hit you that hard...

Derek:.....How many times, I wonder....?

Haruka: How many times, what?

Derek: How many times have I managed to make the women around me cry?

Haruka: That's a good question, actually.

Derek: Seems like that's all I'm really good at doing, really.

Haruka: Oh, no. You start getting depressingly introspective, and I'LL punch you. Look at it logically, not emotionally. Alexis is a teenager who just saw one of the few decent male figures in her life walk back into it after two years, and you always taught her not to keep feelings like that bottled up inside. Let's face it, Derek. If she DIDN'T just go ahead and punch you, I'd think there was something wrong with HER.

Derek:.....Dammit, Haruka. I got used to being able to sit down and get depressed like this, and you keep ruining it for me with your common sense.

Haruka: It's what I'm good for. Now, as soon as we get this ship connected with the rest of the fleet, you are going to get your ass out of that chair, march straight down to her room, and talk to her, so we can get this out of the way and move on with our lives, got me?

Derek: Yes, mother.

Haruka: I'm still older than you, smartass. I've got no problems whooping you.

Derek: As you've mentioned and proven several times, I get it. I'll go, once we've got the comm and IFF up.

Haruka: Good. It's about time you started really thinking like a leader again, and not just some hot shot pilot with a tragic backstory. Heaven knows there are enough of THOSE out in the world.

Derek: I'll tell Cybuster his archetype's no longer in demand for you. In the meantime, help me out here. It's been two years, and you guys always spent more time working this ship than I ever did.

Haruka: Right. Let's see, the comm controls are over here....

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

« Reply #470 on: October 30, 2008, 04:11:07 AM » by Sume Gai AGGF Master
--Gai--
-New Debris Field-

The Zeta brings the Wing Zero towards the deck of the Mini-Minerva.

and here I was hoping the last of them were gone

somewhat unceremoniously the Zeta places the damaged Zero in an empty berth.

at least here Tyria won't have a chance to mess with it. 

an unwanted mental image of Gigalots using the Zero System flashed through his mind.  Gai shuddered slightly before forcing the idea out of his mind.

--Michael--
-Duragreiz-
-hanger-

Michael and his two team mates set down and make their way to Bar Number 1; where they ordered on the first subordinates urging, something non-alcoholic

If you are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve  -Captain Harlock
IP Logged

« Reply #471 on: October 30, 2008, 07:35:20 AM » by Sakura77 Lost Newtype Child
I can't stand Zero myself since my father had one as well. However if Derek needs any parts for Zero that we don't have I can get the remains of my father's Zero

*With this said, the V2 returns to the Duragreiz's hangar and heads towards Kina*

Are you alright Kina?

"I don't feel so good...."

I'm not surprised, if it wasn't for her neither of us would be alive.

"Could you thank her for me? I think I'm going to sleep now."

'I don't deserve her thanks, I was going to continue the fight without considering how badly she was hurt'

'Hindsight is 20/20, what we need to do now is rest up and then find out why someone wants to destroy Kina.'

'He said he was after machines with anima vessels. Are you sure that Kina is the last ES?

'She's the last ES however ES' are not the only machines that can hold anima vessels, gears can also hold them.'

'First we should eat something and then sleep. We can't do anything for Kina if we pass out from hunger and lack of sleep.

Things can always get worse...
IP Logged

« Reply #472 on: October 30, 2008, 11:43:59 AM » by Dsvaun
MP Nu Gundam flies into the hanger and the cockpit opens
HEY! Can I get someone over here, the comms are messed up on this thing!

Sorry for not saying anything, I was fighting out there and one of the hits must have hit something because I couldn't hear anything even when the  Zero was trying to shove it's  twin-buster rifle down Derek's throat.
Pauses for a second.
I need to tell you guys something later.  We're up against someone else, someone dangerous, and I didn't get away from my attack completely unscathed.
IP Logged

« Reply #473 on: October 30, 2008, 12:51:18 PM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
(For those who may be wondering: In terms of scale, the Aoi Tsubasa's about 65% or so the size of the original Minerva, with a lot of the internal stuff basically redesigned to accomodate a seven person crew. It CAN crew up to around twenty or thirty or so before space would become an issue, but seven was the original target number. The estimated ten MS limit, however, was kept completely intact, cause my mechanic's awesome like that.

Other such nuggets of info shall be mentioned as they become relevant, but for now, just assume that the shape is about the only real similarity my ship actually has with an actual Minerva.)

Derek: And that's that. We're now on the network. And thanks for dropping off the Wing Zero, Commander. Anyone who wants to go ahead and come get the grand tour is perfectly welcome to do so, by the way.

Haruka: And now that we're done with this....

Derek: Yeah, yeah. I'm going. Luna, I hope Kanz and Seiya aren't so melodramatic about all this. *Gets up and heads for the door*

*Several minutes later, Barona arrives at his destination. Considering the door in front of him is painted completely pink while the rest of the bulkheads are some various shade of blue or metalic, it's fairly obvious that he's in front of Alexis' room.*

Derek: *Takes a deep breath, and knocks on the door* Alexis? Hey, let me in.

Alexis: Go away! I don't wanna see you anymore!

Derek: *Sighs* It's days like this I envy JayBee. All HE had to deal with was a psychotic Meltrandi. *Knocks on the door again* If you don't open this door, I'm going to open it myself!

Alexis: Go ahead and try! I put six new locks on the door while you were gone!

Derek: *Grins* Six, huh? I'm disappointed. I thought you wanted to keep me out. Activate voice recognition code, AT-D, "I told you I was opening this door."

*Several mechanical locking sounds can be heard for a minute inside the door, before it opens completely.*

Derek: I love override access. Alright, you little--WHOA!*Dodges to the side as a large wrench goes flying past his head*

Alexis: Get out, Derek-sama! Get out get out GET OUT!!!!

Derek: No. I'm not going to just walk out of here because you're screaming at me. In fact, I have no intentions of leaving here at all.

Alexis: That didn't stop you from leaving before!

Derek: That...that was....

Alexis: I heard everything. You....you and Rena-chan were trying to kill each other! Just like she said you killed Rei-kun!

Derek: Alexis....

*Before Derek can say another word, Alexis quickly charges straight into him. Unlike the gutpunch from before, however, she seems quite content to pound on him with her fists instead.*

Alexis: Why? Why?! Why did you leave? Why does Rena-chan hate you? Why did she want to use to Zero to hurt you?! Why....why does it hurt so much....?

Derek:.....C'mere, kiddo.

*Barona pulls the girl closer into an embrace similar to the one he shared with Haruka several days prior. In the same manner, all Alexis can do is simply cry into his jacket for several minutes.*

Alexis: I missed you so much.....I missed everyone so much....Even after Ha-chan got me into school again, I never made any new friends....But when I heard you were still around, and Rena-chan came to ask me for Zero....She said she was gonna take it to you, and....

Derek: It's okay, Alex-chan. I'm here, now.

Alexis: She....she tried to kill you with Zero...tried to kill US.....And all those things she said.....about Rei-kun.....I....helped her by giving her Zero.....and.....

Derek: It's okay. Things will work out. I know they will.

Alexis: But....

Derek: Do you trust me, Alexis?

Alexis: Huh....?

Derek: Do you trust me?

Alexis: I...I always trusted you, Derek-sama.

Derek: Then have some faith in me, now of all times. I'll make things work out somehow. You just watch.

Alexis: I......alright.....If you say so, Derek-sama.

Derek: Attagirl. You always were one of the dependable ones. A lot better than Kanz or Seiya, but don't tell 'em I said that.

Alexis: *Giggles a little* I won't, Derek-sama. You can count on me.

Derek: That's my girl. Hey, later on, I'll take you around to the other ships and introduce you to everyone. And you'll get to see some of the cool mechs I've picked up along the way.

Alexis: That sounds like a lot of fun. But.....

Derek: Hmm?

Alexis: Derek-sama, can I ask you a favor?

Derek:....Sure.

Alexis: Can I....can I see your face, Derek-sama....?

Derek:......Yeah.

*Letting go of the girl, Derek takes a step back and removes his visor, then bends down a bit so that he's at eye level with Alexis.*

Alexis:...Derek-sama.....your eyes.....can you even.....can you even see me right now.....?

Derek: Only a vague shadow of movement. But it's you, Alexis. Even if my sight fails completely, I'd never forget what you looked like. You know that.

Alexis: I know that, Derek-sama. But.....still.....*Thinks about it for a second*....I know. I'll make you a new visor.

Derek: You don't have to--

Alexis: If it helps out in even the least, I'd do anything for you. You know that.

Derek:.....Yeah, I guess I do. Thanks, Alexis.

Alexis: Leave the ARC, too. I'll need it.

Derek: Alright, alright. *Takes off the ARC and hands it to her* Anything else you need? My wallet? Jacket? Air horn?

Alexis: No, that'll do it. I'll get working on it right away, Derek-sama. Just take care till then, okay?

Derek: Alright. And, you know, I've said this before, but you don't always have to call me "Sama". Just Derek works fine, too. I don't really deserve an honorific like that, after two years...

Alexis: *Smiles* Even if you were gone for two years, you'll still always be my Derek-sama, Derek-sama.

Derek: Great. I know when I'm beat. *Puts his visor back on as he heads for the door* Let me know when you want to go on that tour, by the way. I think you'd really like a lot of the people I've met over the last two years.

Alexis: I will, Derek-sama. Now go tell Ha-chan we made up so she'll stop trying to listen in on the comm system.

Derek: *Looks up*....Oh, that little sneak. I'm gonna fix her good, for this one! *Heads out the door, closing it behind him*

Alexis: *Watches the door for another minute, before she starts to tear up a little bit again* I'm so glad.....you came back.....Derek-sama.....

IP Logged

« Reply #474 on: October 30, 2008, 08:18:37 PM » by Andrew The Dragon Knight
*in the mess hall*

Can I have my sandwich now? The main crisis has ended for now.

My current inventory is: One transforming katana, one flight suit, one Caster, various Caster shells, one gallant (including stock and barrel) and an optimistic attitude.
IP Logged

« Reply #475 on: October 31, 2008, 03:35:18 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
I need to tell you guys something later.  We're up against someone else, someone dangerous...
Only one? That's a relief.

I gotta go take care of some stuff. Back later.

Jaybee heads off to a nice quiet corner of the ship, where he kicks back as he reviews some data on his virtual HUD.

Yeech. The engineering sims match that combat sim result.
Gunbuster's a walking time bomb. How they overlooked this is beyond me....

Activate privacy field, and initiate hypercomm connection.

The screen on the terminal sitting idle flickers to life, and displays a familiar pizza parlor, filed with activity. After a few moments, someone walks over to the camera.

"Hello, Mona's Pizza. Sorry for the wait  Oh, hi McQuade!"

You all right? Lookin' pretty rough today.

The pizza girl/Buster Project secretary is indeed a bit worn on the edges. Her ponytail is frazzled, and hairs are springing out at several places.

"Yeah, it's been crazy today. Who the hell has a pizza place cater a wedding reception?"

You cater?

"Not really. They just keep ordering more deliveries. We've been running nonstop all day. PIZZA AT A FREAKING WEDDING! Anyways, make it short. I gotta get back to work."

Right, right.
Jaybee presses a few buttons and initiates a secure connection.

"All right, the security key's good, the channel's encrypted, and I hate my job."

Go ahead and patch me through. It'll get better, trust me.

"Next time you better order a pizza. And leave a good tip!"

I could order one now...

"Do and I'll kill you. Patching you through.

The pizza place fades out and the comm opens on a young girl, perhaps twelve, with impossibly large red hair, typing away at a keyboard, blissfully ignorant of the comm station next to her.

Hello?

"And then we... "

Excuse me?

"Now substitute the... "

Ummm....

"YES! That's it! Now we save this, and..."

Hey, you!

The redhead's hand twitches, and she presses the wrong key. The computer announces "file deleted" in a flat monotone. The girl stares for a moment, twitcing, then spins towards the comm display.

"ARRRRRGH!!!!!!!!! DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT YOU'VE JUST DONE?!?!?! I WAS ON THE VERGE OF SOLVING THE HEISENBERG PARADOX!!!!!!!"

Ahhh.... I think there may be a mistake... is this the Buster Project?

"Ehhh? Who are you?"

Jaybee McQuade, UN Spacey lieutenant and AGGF liason.

"Oh, the new guy. I heard you blackmailed Global into spilling the beans. And threatened him. Hehehehe."

What? No! That's not what... wait... who are YOU?

The girl grins, her smile as bright as a solar flare.

"I'm Washu Fitzgerald Kobayashi! The greatest scientist in the galaxy! You can call me Washu-chan."

Ooookay...  so, Miss Kobayashi.

The girl's smile fades...

"Please, just Washu-chan will be fine."

Miss Washu...

And now she's scowling.
Washu. Chan.

*sigh*
Washu-chan...

And the smile is back, as bright as ever.

"What can I do for you?"

Are you... really a scientist?

"Best in the galaxy! Specializing in psychodriver research right now, with an emphasis on..."

She starts to babble, and Jaybee interrupts.

Great. Look, I'm concerned about some recent sim experience with the Gunbuster. Lemme send you the files.

Washu opens the combat sim log, and looks them over. Her brow wrinkles as she starts thinking.

"That's not right. Degeneracy generators shouldn't be able to undergo a vanishing event."

That's what I thought, too. I took the liberty of running some engineering simulations, and they confirmed it.

"Well, we'd better take a look at this... "

Washu's hands fly over the keyboard, and soon she's engrossed in the mystery... several minutes pass...

Ummmm... Washu-chan...

"Hang on, I think I've got it... plug the Planck constant in... there's a Tannhauser event here.... and here we... AH-HA! See this?

Washy waves at a computer screen angled away from the comm display, and clearly invisible to anyone on the other side.

Yeah... sure... what's the gist of it?

"Don't you get it? WE CAN WEAPONIZE A DEGENERACY CORE NOW! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Jaybee thinks to himself... "That laugh... oh god, she's another Tyria...."

Thaaaat's great... I'm more worried about UNweaponizing the one in the Gunbuster.

"Oh, that. There was a spec change mid-development. Buster Machine 2's power system wasn't properly redesigned. Trivial fix. Do you realize what a weaponized degeneracy core can do?!?!?! The raw power that could be unleashed?"

No, not really. Nothing good can come of it, as far as I'm concerned.
Care to send the fix for BM2 over here, so we can do something about it?

"Bah. No imagination. Here you go. "

Hmmm... it's not very complex, but... it grounds Buster Machine 2 for a while...

A voice echoes through the air vent near Jaybee's head.

???: "Hello... anyone here... help..."

Who...  no... it can't be... excuse me a minute, miss.

"Washu-chan."

Right. Miss Washu-chan. I'll be right back.

Jaybee pries off the vent cover, and starts shouting back. A few minutes later, he's helping Masaki, Kuro, and Shiro out of the AC duct.

What in the .... WHY were you three in the air vents?

Masaki: "I was heading to the sims. I seem to have gotten lost."

Kuro, Shiro... is he serious?

The cats hang their heads in shame.
Kuro: "Afraid so, nyau..."

Washu&Masaki: "YOU!"

Huh?
Jaybee looks over his shoulder. The comm display is at an angle, almost as if Washu reached through and adjusted the angle so she could see what was going on. Her grin is now as bright as a supernova, and the gleam in her eye is even more dangerous.

Washu: "I KNEW you'd show up again! A genuine magic-user! From another dimension, even! "

Masaki: "KEEP HER AWAY FROM ME!"

The seemingly fearless Cybaster pilot jerks free of Jaybee's grip, kicks the door out, and runs down the hall, Kuro and Shiro chasing after him.

"Wait for us, nyau!"
"Help! Nyau!"

Ummm, what just happened here?

"YES! I KNEW he'd turn up again eventually! My magical research can continue! "

Do you... know him?

"He was my first... okay, ONLY subject for magical research to date! Psychodrivers and newtypes pale before true magic! His navigation ability... it's some sort of high-level teleportation spell, I'm sure of it! And those cats... a projection of his own subconscious, maybe? And he does it all instinctively.... If I could just get him back into my lab..."

Wait... what did you do to him...

"Nothing much... hmm, if I uploaded this computer virus, I could trace the signal, and I'd know exactly where..."

ThanksforthehelpWashuchanpleasuretomeetyougottagonowbye!

"WAIT-"
Washu is interrupted as the signal disconnects.

Honestly... what is WRONG with this universe?

Oh well, I've got a fix for the Gunbuster.  Throw it in the sim and make sure it actually works...

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #476 on: October 31, 2008, 11:50:46 AM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
(JayBee, I don't know if I want to buy you a drink or punch you in the face. You never told us you were a Pretty Sammy fan, you sly bastard!)

Derek: *Walks onto the bridge, and stops* I see you used my absence to finally get rid of that "No Smoking" rule we had on this ship, 004.

Haruka: *Takes one more drag, then puts out the cigarette in the ashtray next to her station* I got used to the open air on Earth, so sue me. Glad to see you made up with her, Captain.

Derek: *Sits down in his chair* Yeah, well, I figured she'd be the easiest one out of you lot.

Haruka: Fuyume was a pretty good indication of that, huh? *Notices something as her station beeps* Hmm. Odd.

Derek: What's up?

Haruka: Cybuster just took off. Looks like it's circling around and heading our way.

Derek: Aw, Andoh misses us that badly? Open a comm.

*As soon as Haruka does so, a loud screaming suddenly fills the entire room*

Masaki: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Derek: GAH!!!! Volume control!!!

Haruka: On it! *Lowers the comm volume considerably*

Masaki: DEREKLETMEINDEREKLETMEINDEREKLETMEIN--

Derek: Andoh, will you shut up?!? Jeez, what the hell!!!

Haruka: Opening the hangar bay. He's headed right for it.

*Seconds later, the Cybuster lands inside the Tsubasa. All goes silent for a moment...*

Masaki: FREEDOM!!!!!

Haruka: *Casually shuts off the comm* Well, now.

Derek: Go see what in Luna's name that was all about. I need to make some calls.

Haruka: Right. Should I get him drunk?

Derek: If need be.

Haruka: Roger that. *Heads out of the room*

Derek:.......*Hits his own comm controls.....Aoi Tsubasa to fleet. Okay, can someone please explain to me what the hell just caused Masaki to come speeding over to my ship like the apocalypse itself was chasing after him? Anyone?

IP Logged

« Reply #477 on: October 31, 2008, 02:23:10 PM » by Andrew The Dragon Knight
*On the comm*

I heard him screaming about red haired demons and the like. Why do you ask?

IP Logged

« Reply #478 on: October 31, 2008, 05:39:28 PM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 06:11:10 PM by Derek »
I've now got this recorded on my comm.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!"

And I'd really like to know why. Where's JayBee? Andoh hangs out with him when he's not NPCing with me, so maybe he has some kind of idea.

IP Logged

« Reply #479 on: October 31, 2008, 11:55:06 PM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 11:58:21 PM by JayBee »
(Derek: Isn't EVERYBODY a fan of Pretty Sammy? I thought it went without saying. :P )

Ah, yeah. I caught the fleetwide. I'm over here on the Durageiz, and I MAY have precipitated Masaki's nervous breakdown, through no fault of my own.

Had a business call to make, and Masaki stumbled in through the AC duct while I was finishing up. Apparently the person-

Masaki: "Demon from Hell."

-on the other end has some, ah... HISTORY with our beloved jade-haired misnavigator.

"You keep her the Hell away from me, Jay, you hear me! Keep her the Hell away!"

Believe me, I don't intend to be letting her anywhere near us. I think she's a looser cannon than Tyria.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

(Read 131942 times) 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33
Jump to: