star ocean: to the cosmos.

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Elysium - Gaming / Topic: Star Ocean: to the cosmos.

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

11026 Posts, 541 Topics, 767 Members, Latest Member: metalmight

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 28198 times) 1 [2] 3 4

Re: Star Ocean: to the cosmos.
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2007, 12:42:23 PM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
I am unexpectedly angered by this six more times, simply because Claude somehow looks better while Rena looks like a freaking loli.

ANGERED, DAMMIT.

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2007, 04:06:38 PM » by Osairis
I'm not picky at all about the character designs. Though the character designs for Claude always made me wonder if he had a little beer belly going on for him. (I don't know why.)

Either way, this should make me happy for having a PSP. I wonder what the next installment of the series will be like, the so called secret project.
IP Logged

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2007, 10:27:28 AM » by Gear Master Blitz
I am unexpectedly angered by this six more times, simply because Claude somehow looks better while Rena looks like a freaking loli.

ANGERED, DAMMIT.

Dear sweet Jebus! Rena looks like she's 10! What is Precis gonna look like then? I'm already scared... T.T
I've already got this image in my head, of an incredibly creepy looking Ashton smileing eerily down at a 7 year old Precis, who he currently has trapped in a barrel as he says, "It puts the lotion on it's skin..."

"Hello? Dead kid speaking." -Neku Sakuraba
IP Logged

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2007, 10:51:13 AM » by KraZe Real Horrorshow

ANGERED, DAMMIT.

Dear sweet Jebus! Rena looks like she's 10! What is Precis gonna look like then? I'm already scared... T.T
I've already got this image in my head, of an incredibly creepy looking Ashton smileing eerily down at a 7 year old Precis, who he currently has trapped in a barrel as he says, "It puts the lotion on it's skin..."

First off: There's a reason Japan ended up creating the term loli.
Second: Hilarious.
Third: It really wouldn't surprise me.

Maybe when someone says something funny...
IP Logged

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2007, 12:30:05 PM » by Duke Fleed
yeah whatever happened to rena having that katie holmesish look going for her... Claude=PseudoPhile

IP Logged

« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2007, 02:16:46 PM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
Thanks, Duke. I needed that.

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2007, 08:04:50 AM » by Lechise Inohara Tutonic Warrior
« Last Edit: September 17, 2007, 08:11:43 AM by Lechise Inohara »
*stares at the images with eye twitching, a balck aura rising from her* How dare they... *Eyes burst into flames of fury* HOW DARE THEY MAKE MY RATIX LOOK LIKE A SOULESS UKE! NOW RABID YAOI FAN GIRLS WILL BE ALLOVER HIM! Urm... Pardon the caps... but, I had that bottled up inside all wekk and... bleh... I need to bust a cap in sommuns arse... Where's my Sazabi?

"My breathing... My eyes... And my footwork! To your sight... and to your mind! Memorize these! This is Shinsanken's special... Sengazanken!" - Roshi
IP Logged

« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2007, 09:37:36 AM » by Adamjirra
KAMILLE RAGE!
IP Logged

« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2007, 06:58:59 PM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
*stares at the images with eye twitching, a balck aura rising from her* How dare they... *Eyes burst into flames of fury* HOW DARE THEY MAKE MY RATIX LOOK LIKE A SOULESS UKE! NOW RABID YAOI FAN GIRLS WILL BE ALLOVER HIM! Urm... Pardon the caps... but, I had that bottled up inside all wekk and... bleh... I need to bust a cap in sommuns arse... Where's my Sazabi?

*Assumes Captain Mode* Send out the Gundam!

IP Logged

« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2007, 03:09:34 PM » by Duke Fleed
"During a recent press conference in Japan, Tri-Ace (in conjunction with Square Enix) have revealed that they will be remaking Star Ocean and Star Ocean: The Second Story for the PSP"

Tri-Ace is indeed involved with their production. 
IP Logged

« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2007, 05:29:40 PM » by Datschge Sakuraba Fan
Tri-Ace is indeed involved with their production. 
Who wrote that? The "Original version developed by tri-Ace Inc." right on the current official SO1&2 sites at Eternal Sphere don't sound like they are all that involved in the remakes. Furthermore tri-Ace's products page doesn't list them (neither TOSE's PSP port of VP) while SO4 is already listed...
IP Logged

« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2007, 10:32:10 PM » by Xeno
Hmmmmmmm....
The character design seems to be okay but what's really on my mind is the battle system. It is probably my favorite out of all the RPGs I've played. If they change that....I would be so pissed....

I think Kirby put on a little weight...
IP Logged

« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2007, 10:51:43 PM » by Duke Fleed
The battle system is the same as SO2. 

As for Tri-Ace's involvement, I'm not so sure.   There were rumors leading that direction. 

I saw this about SO4 and assumed it would include the psp versions.  As you've pointed out, it seems to be too early to tell, though

IP Logged

« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2007, 08:36:13 PM » by Gear Master Blitz
Hmmmmmmm....
The character design seems to be okay but what's really on my mind is the battle system. It is probably my favorite out of all the RPGs I've played. If they change that....I would be so pissed....

I love the battle system too, but I think the system from SO1 could use a few upgrades. You should be able to run around freely without having to hit a button, move the cursor to where you want to move, then hit the button again (no point in trying to avoid attacks if it takes that long.) Also, it takes too much time to fire off techs when you can't just press a single button to start targeting and fire the tech off. With Rati, it was just easier to keep attacking until the target was dead. If it just got updated to be a little more like the system from SO2, I think that would be awesome.

"Hello? Dead kid speaking." -Neku Sakuraba
IP Logged

« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2007, 10:36:54 PM » by Duke Fleed
Yeah man, I dunno what was up with the movement system in SO1.  It ended up making more sense just to mash the attack button.

The SO2 'overworld system' is being carried over to the SO1 remake.  I think I like it because it makes it easier to navigate. 

I loved how you could execute a private action in a town, and then steal your own team mates' belongings.

The psp backdrops in the battle scenes add a nice touch also :)

IP Logged

(Read 28198 times) 1 [2] 3 4
Jump to: