star ocean: to the cosmos.

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Elysium - Gaming / Topic: Star Ocean: to the cosmos.

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

10989 Posts, 531 Topics, 744 Members, Latest Member: k4ra187

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 26234 times) [1] 2 3 4

Star Ocean: to the cosmos.
« on: September 13, 2007, 06:35:36 PM » by Duke Fleed
« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 04:23:54 PM by Duke Fleed »
According to various sources, there are 3 Star Ocean games coming out.  This one, which is a remake of Star Ocean 1.  These are real screens of it supposedly.  Look familiar?  It looks almost identical to Star Ocean: the second story for PSX.

The next Star Ocean is also a PSP exclusive, it's a remake of Star Ocean 2 (no screens/boxshots available yet, appologies)

The third star ocean will be for playstation 3 exclusively.  That's all I know about it.
IP Logged

Re: Star Ocean: to the cosmos.
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2007, 06:38:20 PM » by Duke Fleed
Sorry, here's another screen...I must've mistyped the link or something. 

IP Logged

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2007, 07:19:16 PM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
I am unexpectedly angered by this. Twice.

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2007, 08:14:19 PM » by Ian Kelley
Dammit. Now I must buy a PSP.
IP Logged

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2007, 10:08:57 PM » by Adamjirra
I will never give in! NEVER!
IP Logged

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2007, 12:15:09 AM » by jolly_old_saint
Eh. So the male characters will have bigger eyes/girlier features. Who cares...

At the end of things, just-faiz the means.
http://www.youtube.com/user/jollytheoldsaint
IP Logged

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2007, 02:46:11 AM » by GenocideHeart The Sword That Cleaves Evil
...so wait, that blue haired guy is supposed to be Ratix?

AUGH.

A clear conscience is the surest sign of a failing memory.
IP Logged

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2007, 10:02:45 AM » by Ian Kelley
Yeah, the new character design is...not as good as the old one.
IP Logged

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2007, 12:02:07 PM » by Gear Master Blitz
But, are they going to fill the holes left in the SNES version, or are they just gonna do a direct port of the story? I'll be thrilled if they actually put effort in the remake and manage to fix the problems the original had, such as the all-to-abrupt end area.

"Hello? Dead kid speaking." -Neku Sakuraba
IP Logged

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2007, 12:29:52 PM » by Duke Fleed
I think it's too early to tell what it will have...I just hope to sweet god that it is released in North America.   

I heard the star ocean 2 is going to be combined with blue sphere as well.  But that's just a rumor.  I'm glad it's getting a release because people seem to think the psp has no good RPGs.

Keep your fingers crossed for front mission 5. 
IP Logged

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2007, 04:13:57 PM » by Datschge Sakuraba Fan
I don't really have high hopes for the PSP remakes as they are not done by tri-Ace. SO4 isn't announced as PS3 exclusive btw., and I doubt SE lets pass the chance to bring the game to the XBox 360 as well at least in the West.

Regarding the character redesigns:
IP Logged

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2007, 07:34:55 PM » by Duke Fleed
I don't really have high hopes for the PSP remakes as they are not done by tri-Ace. SO4 isn't announced as PS3 exclusive btw., and I doubt SE lets pass the chance to bring the game to the XBox 360 as well at least in the West.

Regarding the character redesigns:

I know what you mean about the redesigns which is pretty serious grievance but the gameplay in the games should be pretty solid. 

more screens:

For the sake of sweet merciful christ and the bones of the saints make a [/img][/img] instant url image button.
IP Logged

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2007, 07:40:45 PM » by Datschge Sakuraba Fan
For the sake of sweet merciful christ and the bones of the saints make a [/img][/img] instant url image button.
To encourage even bigger lengthy image posts? I dunno. Gideon, wadya say? Should I reactivate the buttons on the post reply page?
IP Logged

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2007, 08:51:05 PM » by Ralff I don't even know who this Tomoharu guy is
I like Claude's design, actually. Ratix looks nothing like himself and if that's Dorn he should be fatter (I don't know why, I just always imagine Dorn as being fat for some reason).

Looks pretty cool, but I don't have a PSP or a PS3 (nor do I plan on buying either), and SO3 kind of made me stop caring about SO.

Need I say more?
IP Logged

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2007, 09:25:41 PM » by Celzan
Dammit. Now I must buy a PSP.

My thoughts as well.
IP Logged

(Read 26234 times) [1] 2 3 4
Jump to: