so what's next?

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Aaru - Romhacking & Translation / Topic: So what's next?

Gon is calm
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

10949 Posts, 520 Topics, 749 Members, Latest Member: nabycoremy

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 6061 times) [1]

So what's next?
« on: June 18, 2008, 11:50:11 PM » by abandonwareguru
I know Live-A-Live's been the big thing for quite a while now, and great work on the 2.0 patch. But I just have to wonder, what's next on the horizon? I'm itching for a bunch of unfinished stuff on the projects page, I need something to be all giddy about for a while.
IP Logged

Re: So what's next?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2008, 12:27:26 AM » by Ianator is Gaius Baltar.
Word is, Liana can start on Metal Max 2 once Gid sorts out the troubles of how to get the script out of it. Lunar: Magic School (I think?) has been sitting on the verge of completion for a little while as well. Rumor also has it that Tactics Ogre will come out once people stop asking about it.

That's all I could tell you. Nobody here really knows for sure except for Gideon Zhi and whoever he's got translating.

Who is Gaius Baltar? HE'S THE FRAKKIN' PRESIDENT!
IP Logged

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2008, 12:34:11 AM » by Word on the Wind Fanservice with a vengence!
Liana = Instant Win.

I miss my signature.
IP Logged

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2008, 03:15:22 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
Next release is the Pokemon retranslation.
Restoring the rich plot and character development of the original japanese script to the hacked, butchered, shallow-excuse-for-a-toy-commercial US version.
Wait, I think that was a different group.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2008, 04:15:05 AM » by Sume Gai AGGF Master
« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 04:18:54 AM by Sume Gai »
as always I'd love to see more SRW (pretty much any of them) though I'm fairly sure the ones Ianator listed have the priority right now

but I guess we'll see in a couple months or so...

also, Jaybee your post made NO sense it included the words Pokemon and Plot; I think you must be going crazy

If you are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve  -Captain Harlock
IP Logged

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2008, 08:52:59 PM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
also, Jaybee your post made NO sense it included the words Pokemon and Plot; I think you must be going crazy
Ah, you've never seen the true glory of the original japanese version, then!

Seriously, it's an old gag I used to pull back in the day. Claimed a retranslation of the original, or a translation of the (then-upcoming) Pokemon Advance was the next project of LNF or DeJap(I was active on both their boards).
I quit doing it because too many people took me seriously.
Well, and both groups died(though DeJap hung around in stasis for a while).

Man, I'm old.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2008, 08:08:11 AM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
It'll probably be some combination of LUNAR, Mystic Ark, and Rejoice. Maybe an SRW project, but stuff is limited by how much I can fit on a thumb drive, and programs that don't leave any registry footprint (yay for skivin' off while at work.) This means no debugging with SNES9x, I'm afraid, but I can work on script edits and rote formatting tasks and such while I'm here on my loooooooong shifts.

IP Logged

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2008, 03:52:42 PM » by abandonwareguru
Sorry for the late reply, but thanks for getting back to us about that, Gid. Sounds like an interesting to-do list, honestly.

I've been poking through a bunch of Japanese roms I've collected, so I may as well ask while I'm here. Have you ever looked at a game called Nekketsu Tairiku Burning Heroes? It's an RPG from Enix, on the SNES. Seems like a pretty fun little game, and it doesn't look like anyone's taken it up. From what I've trudged through so far understanding no Japanese, the mechanics seem pretty nice, and there's an interesting little battle system, sort of like Paladin's Quest, except it doesn't suck. Seems like there's more than one storyline too, it might be sort of like Treasure of the Rudras. Just wondering if I'm the only one who's heard of it.
IP Logged

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2008, 09:02:03 PM » by Chibi Kami
Odd to hear a title including Nekketsu and Burning Heroes without being from the Kunio-kun people.

Anyways, according to the page, the original Megami Tensei is just waiting on a few stray bits of text floating around the rom.
Has Gid had trouble finding these or has he been unable to find someone to translate them?

The power of love is the most chaotic and destructive force in the known universe.
IP Logged

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2009, 02:40:28 AM » by Dr. Midnight
Hello everyone, been lurking here for a year now, finally decided to become a member,I really don't like to bump old threads (can't open a new thread yet), and since this one is really the same thing I wanted to post about, might as well do it here.

So I've recently finished playing SRW @G, thanks to Gideon's awesome patch, and I'm left wondering what the next AGTP project(s) that's close to being completed, I know that Gideon is a busy person, so not that much information been posted, but since he has so many projects some of them are bound to be near completion (like Lunar Magic School).

So I'm re-asking: what's next on the horizon for AGTP?

IP Logged

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2009, 10:33:25 AM » by Liana Lens Comrade
Wow, I'm glad you bumped it because I missed Arle's exceedingly kind comment up there the first time around!

This is slightly off-topic, but I started working on Metal Max 2's script in earnest. I expect to be done by the end of the summer. Of course that doesn't mean it'll be done soon; it's got some truly weird hacking issues and Returns took ages to bugtest (and then we go and add that weird Noah issue, sigh), so I'm not so sure Gid's going to want to pile on that kind of stress in his life anytime soon. Still! Progress is being made.

‥‥おしても いいんだぜ! なつかしい ドラムかんをよ!
IP Logged

(Read 6061 times) [1]
Jump to: