news ~ well, that bit's done, after how long?

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Svarga - Site News / Topic: News ~ Well, THAT bit's done, after how long?

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

10991 Posts, 531 Topics, 745 Members, Latest Member: Shakku

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 14748 times) [1]

News ~ Well, THAT bit's done, after how long?
« on: June 23, 2008, 09:04:54 AM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
Last night at about 10:00PM Eastern, I *finally* finished mapping out the last of the embedded pointers in Mystic Ark´s insert file. All 6562 jumps in the script have now been assigned a unique identifier digit, with corresponding markers and targets for each. That´s 6562 copies and pastes. 6562 sets, 6562 writes. And you wonder why this is taking so long :p

That doesn´t mean that it´s ready to insert yet, I´m afraid. MKendora has written a simple utility to add *normal* pointer writes to the file; I´ve just run it, and the next step has me commenting out any potential false positives so inserting this thing doesn´t completely break the rom. This´ll take a while, but I don´t imagine it´ll take nearly as long as the *last* step took.

So yeah, progress. Nothing that I can show off, I´m afraid, but still. Progress.

IP Logged

Re: News ~ Well, THAT bit's done, after how long?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 05:28:31 PM » by Chibi Kami
Hmm... something's wrong.

People have been talking about it lately and you got work done on it. This breaks the normal rules of give them what they don't know they want...

Oh well, awesome. I suppose I should go actually play 7th Saga first (at least, more than 1 battle in it), since Mystic Ark is supposedly some kind of spiritual sequel.

The power of love is the most chaotic and destructive force in the known universe.
IP Logged

Re: News ~ Well, THAT bit's done, after ho
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 07:34:58 PM » by Ianator is Gaius Baltar.
Really? I hadn't heard anyone talk about it for a while until Gid popped up in the "What's Next?" thread.

Who is Gaius Baltar? HE'S THE FRAKKIN' PRESIDENT!
IP Logged

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008, 07:50:43 PM » by Djungelurban
Any progress is good progress in my book! I salute your patience and determination.
IP Logged

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2008, 11:14:04 PM » by dafoofan
Awesome! I've been wanting to play through Mystic Ark for 10 years now. Keep up the great work!
IP Logged

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2008, 03:00:56 AM » by yuka
Good luck!
IP Logged

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2008, 08:57:21 PM » by Zaratus
Oh well, awesome. I suppose I should go actually play 7th Saga first (at least, more than 1 battle in it), since Mystic Ark is supposedly some kind of spiritual sequel.

Unless you want to grind a lot, grab the patch to restore the game's original difficulty.  It got screwed to hell when it got released here, hence the insane difficulty, especially further in.  Without Valsu (and that fabulous 'Elixir' spell he gets), the endgame segments are absurdly difficult.

And don't forget the old trick of Defend *then* Attack. 

The game was always a favorite of mine when I was younger, despite the insane difficulty.  I ought to give it another go. 
IP Logged

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2009, 12:02:19 AM » by Varia
 Mystik Ark has always been an intriguing game for me and I would love to one day be able to enjoy it with your completed english patch. Thank you for your efforts on this translation thus far. Keep up the great work on this and your many ambitious projects. ^L^
IP Logged

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2009, 04:46:10 PM » by defect9
Man, Glad to see someone still keeping this project alive and working along.  Makes me sad that so many great games got mentioned in things like Nintendo Power and stuff, and then never made it over here stateside (in an english form, at least).

Reminds me of how ecstatic I was when DeJap finished their beta translation of the first Star Ocean.  I love that feeling.

See what you want to see, but the Truth is not bent by your will
IP Logged

Re: News ~ Well, THAT bit's done, after ho
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2009, 12:08:59 AM » by Tenuki
Um, this is my first post here, so it's sort of a test really. But I just wanted to say that Gideon's work is VERY appreciated. Especially for Mystic Ark. I've wanted to play this game for so long that it just hurts.
I even scored out the opening theme so some musicians and I could play it. In fact, I'm 32 hours into the game and I haven't understood a word. So anyway, THANK YOU for all your hard effort.
IP Logged

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2009, 08:08:55 PM » by Kaisash
We are all thankful for the work you put into translating these games.
and i think i can speak for everyone when i say we cannot wait for you to finish this one, thanks for all you have done and don't stop now.
IP Logged

(Read 14748 times) [1]
Jump to: