a personal fan project...

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Gan Eden - General Discussion / Topic: A Personal Fan Project...

Gon is calm
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

10949 Posts, 520 Topics, 749 Members, Latest Member: nabycoremy

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 25582 times) [1] 2 3 4

A Personal Fan Project...
« on: July 10, 2008, 09:31:35 AM » by ChrisABlair
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 12:13:48 AM by ChrisABlair »
Hey guys, it's me. Just thought I'd post up here that I was making a fan SRW, entitled E (for Eternity, in the honor of the GBA titles. It's also a joke on my actual first name, which is Ethan. ) It will use custom made sprites modified from those of SRW J and will probably run on its own engine. I came up with it one night, and I thought it would probably be cool.  It also boasts one of the biggest rosters for SRW, with a total of 60+ different series.
Series Included-

E(than) Originals
-RPT004 Landsneckt
-GR-002 Deicider
Banpresto Originals
-Original Generation
-Original Generation Gaiden
-A/AP
-R
-D
-J
-MX
-Compact 3
-Masoukishin/Lord of Elemental
-W
Bakuretsu Muteki Bangai-O
Brain Powerd
Code Geass (Both Seasons)
Detonator Orgun
Dragonar
Dunbine
Full Metal Panic! (All Series)
Godannar
Go-Lion
Zeorymer
GaoGaiGar (Both Series)
Macross
-Zero
-DYRL
-Plus
-Macross 7
-Frontier
Nadesico (Prince of Darkness too)
Gundam
-Original (0079)
-08th MS Team
-Z
-ZZ
-Char's Counterattack
-F90
-Silhoutte Formula F91
-F91
-Crossbone Gundam
-Crossbone Gundam Skull Heart
-V Gundam
-X
-Wing
-Endless Waltz
-SEED
-SEED Astray
-SEED Destiny
-SEED X Astray
-00 (First Season)
-Turn A
-Various MSV
Neon Genesis Evangelion (And all that entails)
Eureka 7
RahXephon
Sakura Taisen
Tekkaman Blade (Both Seasons)
Tengan Toppa Gurren Lagann
Escaflowne
The Big O (Both Seasons)
Zone of the Enders
Expansion Set:
-G Gundam
-Bootfighter Windom XP SP-2
-Xenosaga/Xenogears
-Gunbuster/Diebuster (Long overdue; finally saw both series)
-Parallel Trouble Adventure DUAL!
-Geneshaft
-Gravion + Zwei

That's the list.
If anyone wants to make me a cool title pic, feel free.
Here's to me getting sued! ^^;

Sweetdiculous!
IP Logged

Re: A Personal Fan Project...
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2008, 11:21:00 AM » by Andrew The Dragon Knight
What, no Xenogears/Xenosaga?

My current inventory is: One transforming katana, one flight suit, one Caster, various Caster shells, one gallant (including stock and barrel) and an optimistic attitude.
IP Logged

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2008, 11:48:55 AM » by ChrisABlair
I should, shouldn't I? I wouldn't mind seeing Weltall on my list.

Sweetdiculous!
IP Logged

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2008, 12:27:08 PM » by Ianator is Gaius Baltar.
Oh my. That's quite a list. Needs more Gravion, though... And I think you may have put F91 on there twice. Are there really two things for it?

I'd go over some of my ideas for a SRW game, but that's for another time. So you're programming this one yourself?

Who is Gaius Baltar? HE'S THE FRAKKIN' PRESIDENT!
IP Logged

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2008, 12:56:10 PM » by Sume Gai AGGF Master
Don't get me wrong here but I think this would be a lot better with LESS series

this list is HUGE. I don't see how you could give all the characters their required "screen time" or make a coherent and manageable story.

but that said: Where is Gunbuster/Diebuster?

If you are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve  -Captain Harlock
IP Logged

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2008, 01:03:48 PM » by ChrisABlair
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 01:11:01 PM by ChrisABlair »
I've only put down series I've read/played/watched. And everybody will get thier alloted time, considering this is gonna be a HUGE game. It's no Banpresto game that caps at Stage 60... sorry, bad joke.To clarify, this game is gonna cover several generations. As for placing F91 twice, there's actually a manga that comes after F91 called Silhouette Formula F91... or was it a model set?

Sweetdiculous!
IP Logged

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2008, 05:21:10 PM » by Ianator is Gaius Baltar.
Yeah, now I remember. The Silhouette series is like the Formula series' competitors-slash-brothers by stolen trade secrets.

I've wanted to make a Super Robot Wars game in three acts, using series that actually come in like three parts (for example, Nadesico->Blank of Three Years->Prince of Darkness). And the original units would be designed using some sort of LEGO-based CAD.

Seriously, I've got a little LEGO robot next to my computer that looks suspiciously like a Laz Angriff Raven.

Who is Gaius Baltar? HE'S THE FRAKKIN' PRESIDENT!
IP Logged

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2008, 06:54:48 PM » by Keiseth The Mimic
Awesome. Would you mind if I asked, since you said custom engine, what programming language is it going to be written in?

Just be careful not to burn yourself out! That's one hell of an ambitious list!
IP Logged

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2008, 07:08:43 PM » by Andrew The Dragon Knight
Yeah, now I remember. The Silhouette series is like the Formula series' competitors-slash-brothers by stolen trade secrets.

I've wanted to make a Super Robot Wars game in three acts, using series that actually come in like three parts (for example, Nadesico->Blank of Three Years->Prince of Darkness). And the original units would be designed using some sort of LEGO-based CAD.

Seriously, I've got a little LEGO robot next to my computer that looks suspiciously like a Laz Angriff Raven.

Lego SRW, I wonder why that idea hasn't caught on.

My current inventory is: One transforming katana, one flight suit, one Caster, various Caster shells, one gallant (including stock and barrel) and an optimistic attitude.
IP Logged

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2008, 08:49:27 PM » by Chibi Kami
1: Less Gundam SEED. The series was dull as hell and a ripoff of the original.
While we're at it, no Gundam 00. It's naught but a timely cash-in on the topics of rescource crises, holy war, and terror tactics known to be used by Islamic extremist groups. For that matter, it was more boring than SEED.

2: Throw in Gekigangar 3 from Nadesico. Ep 14 of Nadesico showed how each existed as an anime in the other's universe, and would make for some funny-as-hell lines from Akito Tenkawa, Gai Daigouji and possibly Junpei and the professor.

3: I'd love to see what you can do with Gurren Lagann, but don't you think a super robot that's the size of a galaxy would be pushing it? Why would any of the others even matter?

4: Big O? Kickass

5: I see no Ideon. Include it. The Legendary Giant God's power will rip apart the galaxy.

6: This one's tricky. I came up with the idea of characters on the ground actually mattering. If you dictate that every square on the robot scale is a 5x5 grid on a human scale, you can have characters attempting to run in between robot's legs (which, in my idea, take up the middle three spaces on the columns immediately to the left and right of the center), being shielded from attack, and actually having their being away from the ship during an attack matter in more ways than merely survivng X turns without them. Seriously, this could turn the whole thing on its ear.

The power of love is the most chaotic and destructive force in the known universe.
IP Logged

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2008, 06:36:39 AM » by ChrisABlair
While we're at it, no Gundam 00. It's naught but a timely cash-in on the topics of rescource crises, holy war, and terror tactics known to be used by Islamic extremist groups. For that matter, it was more boring than SEED.

2: Throw in Gekigangar 3 from Nadesico. Ep 14 of Nadesico showed how each existed as an anime in the other's universe, and would make for some funny-as-hell lines from Akito Tenkawa, Gai Daigouji and possibly Junpei and the professor.

3: I'd love to see what you can do with Gurren Lagann, but don't you think a super robot that's the size of a galaxy would be pushing it? Why would any of the others even matter?

5: I see no Ideon. Include it. The Legendary Giant God's power will rip apart the galaxy.

6: This one's tricky. I came up with the idea of characters on the ground actually mattering. If you dictate that every square on the robot scale is a 5x5 grid on a human scale, you can have characters attempting to run in between robot's legs (which, in my idea, take up the middle three spaces on the columns immediately to the left and right of the center), being shielded from attack, and actually having their being away from the ship during an attack matter in more ways than merely survivng X turns without them. Seriously, this could turn the whole thing on its ear.
1.I actually enjoyed ASTRAY far more than I enjoyed the actual series itself. And I'm putting in Gundam 00 because Banpresto will eventually cave and put it in a SRW, so what does it matter?

2. That's actually a great idea. Thanks!

3. One episode matter? lol.

4. I know.

5. I've never personally seen Ideon, the anime or it's inclusion in Alpha 3. I own Alpha 3, I just haven't.... played it. As I said earlier, I'm including all of the series I've seen/played/read.

6.I'll consider this. Thanks for your ideas.

Sweetdiculous!
IP Logged

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2008, 09:26:40 AM » by Chaostic Dark, Light, Shadow, Time, Chaos, PIKE

1. first off wow you know so little about Gundam 00 its kinda sad I myself like SEED, I dislike SEED Destiny, I enjoyed the Astray manga and I know nothing about X Astray so I'm not the best person to comment

2. Gekigangar 3 would be funny as hell but he would have to make up Gekigangar 3's plot from scratch you know

3. true

4. its not the first time

5. no comment

6.  that's something I myself thought of a few times but it alway came down to one thing too much work lol besides it make using some mechs a little overly complicated not to mencin the size the grid would have to be huge with large scale mechs
IP Logged

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2008, 01:15:37 PM » by Chibi Kami
1. first off wow you know so little about Gundam 00 its kinda sad I myself like SEED, I dislike SEED Destiny, I enjoyed the Astray manga and I know nothing about X Astray so I'm not the best person to comment

2. Gekigangar 3 would be funny as hell but he would have to make up Gekigangar 3's plot from scratch you know

6.  that's something I myself thought of a few times but it alway came down to one thing too much work lol besides it make using some mechs a little overly complicated not to mencin the size the grid would have to be huge with large scale mechs

1: Okay, you got me there, but that was my take after 4 episodes. It was so boring I just couldn't watch any more.

2: Actually, if you watch the Gekigangar OAV, a lot of storyline is fleshed out (although it still needs a larger script, the events are there).

6. Actually, the trick is that the mecha all move on a normal-sized grid. The subgrid only applies on a human scale. In addition to allowing for missions in which you have to protect people, it also allows for suit robot shows (like Bubblegum Crisis) to join the fray. Of course, Tekkaman Blade counted as one, but I don't think anyone noticed.

The power of love is the most chaotic and destructive force in the known universe.
IP Logged

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2008, 05:09:09 AM » by ChrisABlair
Prologue Part - "One Year War" - Scripts for Episodes 1-4 are complete. And wow, it's my finest work yet.

Sweetdiculous!
IP Logged

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2008, 09:11:13 PM » by TCM Chrono, by another name.
Two series you should include if only for the lulz:

Megas XLR (Heck yeah, American mecha parody! ...Seriously, it'd work! Just think about it!)
G Gundam (Why isn't this on the list? Unless it is, and I missed it.)

And one serious suggestion:

Gun x Sword (Watch. This. Anime. It manages to be awesome between fits of cliche and hilarity.)

Also, Metal Gear Solid. SNAKE ON FOOT FIGHTING ANGELS YEAH *shot*

Signatures? We're in the lap of luxury now!
IP Logged

(Read 25582 times) [1] 2 3 4
Jump to: