a personal fan project...

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Gan Eden - General Discussion / Topic: A Personal Fan Project...

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

11013 Posts, 536 Topics, 756 Members, Latest Member: NicholasN6

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 27445 times) 1 2 [3] 4

Re: A Personal Fan Project...
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2008, 12:07:29 AM » by ChrisABlair
OMG guys, update on SRW E! I've found a partner in the form of one Sasori, who has had the same ambition of mine: a purely fan-based SRW title. The mecha list has increased, and now includes the uberpowerful Gunbuster. I've also listed the real robot, the Landsneckt, and the super robot, the Deicider. Those are the names I've come up with; they're also subject to change. And now, at this point in time, I offer you folks here at AGTP a chance to help with the project.

Here it is:

Design an original mecha & pilot. Doesn't need a picture (but it would help, no matter how crappy your art talent is). Include a storyline and your mech & pilot(s) may be included in SRW E!!! It can be anything, suit mecha, giant transforming vehicles, etc.

Oh, and if someone could make an incredible title image, that'd be cool.

Sweetdiculous!
IP Logged

« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2008, 01:00:42 AM » by Ianator is Gaius Baltar.
I was just wondering how your progress was going - was reminded by a topic on the GameFAQs SRWZ board asking about the damage and accuracy maths and thinking that might've been you.

Actually, I've had an idea in my head for about a week. I'll see what I can come up with. It was inspired by Nerf guns.

Who is Gaius Baltar? HE'S THE FRAKKIN' PRESIDENT!
IP Logged

« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2008, 10:35:17 PM » by ChrisABlair
Haha, I wish it was me. Anyways, I think I might actually check that thread out.

Sweetdiculous!
IP Logged

« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2008, 01:30:56 AM » by Ianator is Gaius Baltar.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 01:33:12 AM by Ianator »
Also, I was wondering what you were planning on for music, because it would be spine-tingly awesome if the final battle between the Gundam and Zeong went off to Meguriai like in G-Gen Cross Drive.

Oh, and STONING against Zombie Schwartzwald Big Duo.

IP Logged

« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2008, 04:26:10 PM » by Isao Kronos Knight of The Lesser Internet Realms
I really need to get Meguriai in MP3 form, it's such an awesome song. I remember it from GGenAdvance.

CONCERTO!
IP Logged

« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2008, 07:35:44 PM » by jolly_old_saint
Interesting...how'd I miss this?

Well, I've got a few questions. I'll make 'em numerical, as per tradition of skeptical posts.

1. Where are you getting your base sprites from? Are you ripping them yourself? In which case, mind if  I use them?

2. Care to show one of your "custom" sprites? I like to see ambition, but I hope you're prepared to draw your arse off. You should at least show something before asking others to.

3. Do you know what you plan to run this game on?

4. How the hell did you plan to include everything but votoms & getter robo? Weak. Truly.

At the end of things, just-faiz the means.
http://www.youtube.com/user/jollytheoldsaint
IP Logged

« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2008, 10:42:22 PM » by Ianator is Gaius Baltar.
Holy crap... Getter Robo is missing! Explain yourself.

IP Logged

« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2008, 12:21:24 AM » by ChrisABlair
Interesting...how'd I miss this?

Well, I've got a few questions. I'll make 'em numerical, as per tradition of skeptical posts.

1. Where are you getting your base sprites from? Are you ripping them yourself? In which case, mind if  I use them?

2. Care to show one of your "custom" sprites? I like to see ambition, but I hope you're prepared to draw your arse off. You should at least show something before asking others to.

3. Do you know what you plan to run this game on?

4. How the hell did you plan to include everything but votoms & getter robo? Weak. Truly.
1. Our base sprites are coming from J and W, and my partner in crime Sasori is doing most of the ripping.

2.I would, but that would ruin the surprise, wouldn't it?

3. Once again, BIG surprise.

4. Did you not read my other posts? ONLY SHOWS OR MANGA I HAVE SEEN/READ are included. I haven't seen either, so they're not included. Plus, I just don't like Getter. Could be because I've never seen the damn thing, besides various SRW games, or my inherent hate for Super Robots (Okay, maybe that's a little strong a word, maybe dislike?)

Sweetdiculous!
IP Logged

« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2008, 06:05:20 PM » by jolly_old_saint
I read your posts, but there's no justifiable cause for you to have seen neither votoms or any incarnation of getter. That's just terrible.

That said, hope you took no offense.

That said, you're a schmuck for asking designs without showing one. :p

IP Logged

« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2008, 11:38:33 PM » by ChrisABlair
Anyone care to point me in the direction of either Votoms or Getter? And I'll show my custom designs when I feel the time is right. Also, it was just a promotional contest, you know. Totally want everyone here to share in the magic.

Sweetdiculous!
IP Logged

« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2008, 12:26:10 AM » by Dsvaun
http://getterrobo.blogspot.com/
Has a few chapters of Getter Robo Go and the complete Shin Getter Robo.
IP Logged

« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2008, 10:00:43 AM » by jolly_old_saint
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 10:08:35 AM by jolly_old_saint »
I think I saw shin getter (not armageddon, the new-ish one) on demonoid. Armageddon's easy enough to come by (*cough* animeA *cough*), but it won't make a lick of sense if you don't know anything about the show (though SRW is probably enough to give you the basics).

Votoms is a bit harder to come by (except the new OVA), but I saw something on isohunt (pretty large, but well worth it).

A couple episodes of the original getter and third (I think) major arc of votoms are up on youtube, if you want a taste of either.

edit - actually, the bits of votoms on youtube are from two of the original ovas. It's been a while.

IP Logged

« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2008, 12:16:17 AM » by ChrisABlair
I'll consider a view.

Sweetdiculous!
IP Logged

« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2008, 02:34:57 PM » by Sasori_Zero
« Last Edit: October 11, 2008, 05:22:35 PM by Sasori_Zero »
Yes Jolly. I actually ripped sprites from : J and W. I have gotten creative with what I have and made a sizeable amount of sprites( That means I have made some Mecha from Scratch or edited them so drasticlly that they look like mecha from other series.). Currently progress is going very well. Although I am Cleaning up the Celestial Being Gundams (messy messy :P).

Otherwise I got lazy with Endless Waltz and SOME of the MSVs but they look good.

about Concepts (such as things within the game itself) many are going to find pretty interesting.

Until then :)!
IP Logged

« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2008, 01:39:21 PM » by jolly_old_saint
Guess I'll take your word at all that.

That said, I ask again, would you mind sharing your rips? Or what you used to capture them? I tinker with sprites, might find it interesting to mess around in the realm of dwarfed robots...

IP Logged

(Read 27445 times) 1 2 [3] 4
Jump to: