a personal fan project...

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Gan Eden - General Discussion / Topic: A Personal Fan Project...

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

11018 Posts, 538 Topics, 757 Members, Latest Member: jssnormns01

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 27771 times) 1 2 3 [4]

Re: A Personal Fan Project...
« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2008, 06:25:31 PM » by TOLLMASTER
Votoms was on Comcast's OnDemand service not too long ago, but if you want to see the series you'll probably have to go to one of those less-than-legal sources. I'm told that there are torrents out there somewhere.

You'll want to see the 52 ep series before anything else, even though some of the OVAs are actually prequels. It starts out slow, but by episode 3 you're really drawn into the world and it just gets deeper and more nuanced as time goes on, as you start to learn about the characters and setting. It's a mecha anime that also happens to have a really terrific amount of character development.

I'm not sure how you'd put it into SRW, though. The mecha themselves are really different, more like upscaled rideable body armor rather than something like a mobile suit, and the main character, Chirico, doesn't get a custom robot for the first 48 episodes. The rest of the time, he's piloting whatever he can scrounge together, and sometimes piloting LESS effective things than the enemy grunts he's facing. No Gundarium armor here!

If a 52-ep series is too much of a time investment, look up Armor Hunter Mellowlink, which is fansubbed and never licensed for America, so it's available on animesuki.com. It's 12 episodes of a badass out for revenge against the leaders who betrayed his old military unit, and he takes them out while they're in their giant robots, and he's on foot. Badass doesn't begin to describe it.

Oh! And you're probably inundated with people going ADD MY FAVORITE ANIME, but Metal Wolf Chaos deserves a mention, because it has the President of the United States of America fighting to take back America, city by city, in a giant robot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Genl242_ZU8

The US President is (apparently) a Super Robot hero in a Real Robot world. Believe your own Justice!!
IP Logged

« Reply #46 on: November 05, 2008, 10:31:40 PM » by Sasori_Zero
« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 10:33:25 PM by Sasori_Zero »
This Would be hilarious if it had some connection to the whole Marimeian Army and the President coming and kicking the hell out of them :P.

Also I could provide rips from the game to answer your question Jolly Old Saint.

PS: I need Support getting some RahXephon Sprites! If anyone has any feel free to give them to us!
IP Logged

« Reply #47 on: December 07, 2008, 11:23:50 PM » by Chibi Kami
Bumping an aging post... FOR GREAT JUSTICE!!!! and a few other items...

ChrisABlair, do you have a website set up for this? I saw no link anywhere in the thread. (If you need one built, I could set up a basic one for you; all you'd need to do is set up the webspace)

I queried in July (was it that long ago? Page 1) about how you'd handle the inclusion of galaxy sized Gurren Lagann, and about a week ago I finally figured out a way. Should I just email you my idea or something, or do you have your own plans?

Lastly, I'm a pretty good character artist. Are you still accepting original character art and ideas? (a question tangentially tied in to a centralized website, which might make submissions easier)

The power of love is the most chaotic and destructive force in the known universe.
IP Logged

« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2008, 07:42:55 AM » by ChrisABlair
Wow, thank you. I would really appreciate that. Please, just send an email and we'll talk about it.

Sweetdiculous!
IP Logged

« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2009, 08:49:13 PM » by Sasori_Zero
Wow Everyone its been a long time sense we updated this project!

Well We (ChrisAblair and I)  have created over a minimum of 20 Sprites. We have also vowed not to stop creating Super Robot Wars Eternity due to Super Robot Wars K coming out. We have started a Second SRW Project: Super Robot Wars Genesis. Which will be the main focus once SRW E is complete.

To see every sprite we have a website that I regularly update.

URL: http://www.sasorizerolabs.com/sasorizerolabs/index.html

I would like to thank everyone who has supported our project so far. We have come a very VERY long way from when Chris and I were creating seperate projects. We hope that you still show your support for we need your feedback and basing.

Thank You
Sasori_Zero.
IP Logged

« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2009, 06:37:15 PM » by Tachi
Hello, everyone. Just posting a little note here.

I'm one of the newer members of the SRW E team. Just thought I'd post here and help introduce myself to any fans of the project.

I'd also like to notify people that we're looking for members. Animators, sprite makers, and programmers can post here or contact us on our site which I will place at the end of this post.

Keep in mind, this is a major project and we're trying to take this as seriously as possible. So if you're the lazy or not so serious type, please save us all the effort. I would like to note, however, that the project is going well and we're reaching that point where we can make the game less of a "dream" or "project" and more into "reality."

So to keep it simple, we need people! Please make sure to post here or contact us on the site to join our project. Thank you all.

http://www.sasorizerolabs.com/sasorizerolabs/index.html
IP Logged

(Read 27771 times) 1 2 3 [4]
Jump to: