dumbest thing done in video games

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Gan Eden - General Discussion / Topic: Dumbest thing done in video games

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

11026 Posts, 541 Topics, 767 Members, Latest Member: metalmight

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 9776 times) [1] 2

Dumbest thing done in video games
« on: July 22, 2008, 01:50:42 AM » by Dsvaun
Let's face it, at one point or the other we couldn't differentiate A from B on an NES controller, so we obviously had some incidents.  Some people sadly never grow out of this stage, and even those who do may do things that make them look like a noob.  What is the dumbest thing you have ever done in a game.  It can range from accidentally jumping straight into a pit to thinking Game over means you won.

My recent incident involves SD Gundam G Generation F.  I'm not the most fluent in Japanese, but I have learned enough to beat SRW Alpha 3 with some skill.  At one point, I was unable to deploy my single warship, thus leaving the guest units highly outnumbered.  I had no idea why i couldn't deploy my spaceship, until I realized it was solely a SPACEship.  I had completely ignored its stats and failed to realize it could only be deployed in space.
This was due to a lack of Japanese and even more of a lack of attention to detail.  Any stories?
IP Logged

Re: Dumbest thing done in video games
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 04:24:08 AM » by Word on the Wind Fanservice with a vengence!
In Fire Emblem 8 (Yeah yeah, I broke down and played it..) I sent Joshua against a Cavalier with a beaten weapon without healin' him.

Yeeeaaaah. Restart.

I miss my signature.
IP Logged

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 04:52:36 AM » by Andrew The Dragon Knight
Disgaea 2. I had my healer cast Mega Heal on an enemy group when I meant to cast Mega Star. It was stupid and I feel even more foolish considering it was only a few nights ago that this happened.

My current inventory is: One transforming katana, one flight suit, one Caster, various Caster shells, one gallant (including stock and barrel) and an optimistic attitude.
IP Logged

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2008, 04:59:00 PM » by jolly_old_saint
I bought Star Ocean for the PS2.

I think it's safe to say that was the biggest mistake I ever made regarding video games.

At the end of things, just-faiz the means.
http://www.youtube.com/user/jollytheoldsaint
IP Logged

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2008, 06:10:06 PM » by Ianator is Gaius Baltar.
No, buying it isn't the stupid thing. Playing it on anything but Earth mode is.

Who is Gaius Baltar? HE'S THE FRAKKIN' PRESIDENT!
IP Logged

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2008, 06:46:08 PM » by Andrew The Dragon Knight
No, Saint is right. Just buying it was a bad idea.

My current inventory is: One transforming katana, one flight suit, one Caster, various Caster shells, one gallant (including stock and barrel) and an optimistic attitude.
IP Logged

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2008, 07:25:30 PM » by Ianator is Gaius Baltar.
Guess it's a matter of opinion then. I thought SO3 was a neat game when my party wasn't getting pwned by the smallest enemies.

Unfortunately, I don't have much else to contribute, since I can't remember the dumbest thing I ever did in a video game that didn't involve emulation or cheat codes.

Who is Gaius Baltar? HE'S THE FRAKKIN' PRESIDENT!
IP Logged

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2008, 08:56:08 PM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
If SO3 is the worst game you've ever bought, then you're a lucky man.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2008, 09:24:22 PM » by Sume Gai AGGF Master
If SO3 is the worst game you've ever bought, then you're a lucky man.

Seconded

while I wouldn't say it was an amazing game; I don't see any huge problems with it

If you are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve  -Captain Harlock
IP Logged

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2008, 07:55:17 AM » by Fnord
I found out that playing an MMO under the influence of alcohol is a very bad idea... the hard way.
IP Logged

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2008, 09:32:33 PM » by Onmi
hmmm lets see...

probably (in my Japanese version of Pokemon Yellow) going through the whole game with out flash, then wondering what HM05 did, that or replacing all of my Pikachus moves with non-damage attacks
IP Logged

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2008, 07:01:27 AM » by threetimes
Too many dumb things to remember them all, but the most recent playing FF4 DS and thinking 6 was the fastest battle speed, when it's 1.
IP Logged

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2008, 01:48:39 AM » by BeenieWeenie Them shore is sum good beens, mmm-hmm.
Disgaea 2. I had my healer cast Mega Heal on an enemy group when I meant to cast Mega Star. It was stupid and I feel even more foolish considering it was only a few nights ago that this happened.
I had a similar idiotic move in Disgaea 1 on my PSP: I did it several times. I use Laharl as my do-all guy (I know there's better choices but hey. It's what I did) so he knows a ton of spells and is my best fighter as well. Several times, I'll be leveling somebody and go to use Mega Heal... and it's right beside Mega Star.
D-=
Especially bad when you're shooting for the ending with no friendly kills. And you haven't saved in a couple of hours.

Just sayin`.
IP Logged

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2008, 11:41:40 AM » by Keiseth The Mimic
I hit the Whelk when it was in its shell and the Mist Dragon when it was made of mist.

Hm, I killed my ally in one of the first levels in Disgaea, via a blade rush, to get an enemy in their way. Didn't think it would kill them, but oh well! One death, that won't come back to bite me in the...

Oh.
IP Logged

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2008, 05:21:37 PM » by Adamjirra
I think the stupidist thing I have done so far, is remotely THINKING I can get Thundara off on Cargazzino as he has my entire party SLOWED. Which means no thunder to end the wave barrier, everyone dies to Tsunami, and the thing is, I keep doing it every time.

That and forgetting my healing gear in my bank in WoW, and raid healing with only my PvP gear, and the constant times I forget to repair...and...oh lord the list is too long with WoW...
IP Logged

(Read 9776 times) [1] 2
Jump to: